View Single Post

Old 02-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Something for the Posts

According to Ace Frehley:
Quote:
"I don't think KISS fans are gonna be too excited and happy...Paul...and Gene...have decided to perform with [current KISS members] Tommy [Thayer, guitar] and Eric [Singer, drums], and it looks like the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is going along with it...

"The last time I was on [this radio show], it was a very exciting and happy call. And the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame was very excited about having the four original members who are being inducted to perform at the ceremony. And that was shot down by Paul and Gene."

According to Peter Criss:
Quote:
"It’s disappointing to have to say to you, the fans, that as of today, Ace and I have been denied a performance with Gene and Paul for our Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

"Tickets go on sale on Monday, Feb. 24th, and I wanted to make sure that fans understood that no original performance, in or out of makeup, has been offered to us before they purchased their tickets. This is disgraceful and I feel bad for the fans who were looking forward to the four of us being inducted together."

According to Gene and Paul:
Quote:
"Our intention was to celebrate the entire history of KISS and give credit to all members including long time present members Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer, and additionally Bruce Kulick and Eric Carr all who have made this band what it is, regardless of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame's point of view...

"Ace and Peter are at the very foundation of what we have built and this would all be impossible had they not been a part of it in the beginning. It is over 13 years since the original lineup has played together in make-up and we believe the memory of those times would not be enhanced.

"Contrary to claims made through the media we have never refused to play with Ace and Peter... To bring this to a quick end, we have decided not to play in any line-up and we will focus our attention on celebrating our induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

"We have...dedicated...40 years...to building KISS without quitting or wavering...KISS has always been a band unlike any other...This is understandably an emotional situation where there is no way to please everyone...

"We are...looking forward to seeing you all on the KISS 40th Anniversary worldwide tour."

Kiss is indeed a band unlike any other, and as Gene and Paul suggest, they didn't get where they are by jumping through other people's hoops -- up to and including the Hall's.

As I said, I think the Hall would have gone with any live lineup that Kiss wanted to offer -- and if not, all Paul and Gene would have had to do was publicly declare that the Hall should take their induction and shove it. Yet Ace and Peter's statements strongly imply that it was Gene and Paul who did the "shooting down."

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-24-2014 at 10:57 PM..