View Single Post

Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79453336/
What did I say? :P
Negotiations with the Hall of Fame stalled, say Simmons and Stanley, who wanted to include Singer and Thayer, while the Rock Hall wanted a reunion of the original quartet in makeup.

"Imagine getting onstage and playing with a lineup that does not exist," says Simmons, 64, comparing the situation to a forced reunion with an ex-spouse. Both have bad memories of years of substance abuse by their former partners but say they are happy and proud to accept the award with the former members. Putting the original quartet in makeup was "a nonstarter," says Stanley.
What did I say? Gene and Paul are proud to ACCEPT the award with Ace and Peter -- as long as it doesn't result in publicity for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton84 View Post
...Gene and Paul arent dumb,they knew what the hall's demands were. Now with Ace breaking his silence last week and the fan's backlash() it would appear they were forced to pull out of performing thus creating a media storm.

As soon as the induction was announced and it was obvious that not all KISS members past and present were to be included Gene and Paul should have politely refused to accept the award. The hall never wanted the band inducted in the first place,it is an award from a bunch of suits.

The KISS army doesnt need an insignificant award like this to tell us KISS have influenced a generation, their place in the history of rock music is undeniable.
I agree one million per cent.

While I still think the root of the problem is that Gene and Paul didn't want to perform with Ace and Criss, they should have refused both the induction and the performance if they felt that strongly about Kulick, Singer, Thayer, and presumably the late Eric Carr also being inducted.

Are we supposed to "admire" Kiss for refusing to accept this indisputably-deserved, long-overdue but ultimately insignificant honor in person? I say it makes a mockery of their legacy of refusing to "kiss" the asses of "the suits!"

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-04-2014 at 07:39 AM..