View Single Post

Old 05-27-2016, 09:05 PM
Runaway

Early April I got to see the legendary Albert Hammond in Norway. Originally I had tickets to the show in Sweden, but somehow the local promoter seemed to have disappeared and the show was cancelled. Luckily, Hammond's management was so brilliant that they arranged me and my friend tickets in Norway, and I also got to meet Albert after the show.

The concert was a magical experience. The venue was smaller than usually in Hammond's tours. The capacity was 950, but since only 250 tickets had been sold prior to the show (it was quite small town), they seated round tables. During one song, Albert came and shook hands with maybe almost every spectator. So the atmosphere was very brilliant, something that can't be achieved in larger venues.

I attach a video of Albert's performance from Germany. When I saw it, I decided that I need to see him live! I don't know you, but in my home country not many people know him, although his songs have been performed (even translated) by such legendary artists and sold, so I was told, 300 million copies (compared with, for example, Rolling Stones, who sold 250). I certainly recommend to everybody!