View Single Post

Old 03-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Ted Nugent Paid $16,000 NOT to perform

Quote:
Huffington Post: Rocker Ted Nugent just made big bucks to not show up somewhere.

The town of Longview, Texas...had reached a verbal agreement with Nugent...(to) play inside the Maude Cobb Convention and Activity Center during the town's Independence Day celebration...

(I)n January 2014...Nugent, who campaigned with Texas...gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott...(called) President Barack Obama...a "subhuman mongrel"...Abbott's rival, Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D), called the Attorney General's embrace of Nugent an "insult..."

(He) apologized for those comments in February...The town paid Nugent half of his guaranteed performance fee of $32,000 from Maude Cobb's annual budget...(t)o break (the) agreement...

(I)n 2012...Nugent was removed from a concert lineup at a prominent military base...after saying he would be "dead or in jail by this time next year" if Obama was re-elected that year.
Well, what do you know -- the bands have been going about this all wrong! Why knock yourself out learning music, trying to get a record deal, making albums and touring when you can just book a gig, collect a deposit, say something politically incorrect, and threaten to show up? That's even better than what the Marx Brothers came up with!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-13-2020 at 08:27 PM..