View Single Post

Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Jovi FANatic

I love Metallica. Their music got me into the likes of Megadeth, Machine Head, Pantera, Sepultura etc. For me, Master Of Puppets is the best Metal album ever made.

I've got all their stuff, and pretty much enjoy most of it. St.Anger was a let down, as was Reload. They really should have kept Load and Reload as one album. Death Magnetic is a return to form, although not nearly as good as anything from Kill 'Em All up to the Black album. (Broken Beat & Scarred is immense though)

I agree with Seb about their live performances. I've never rated Lars as a top drummer, and Kirk is soooooooo infuriating. He's got talent, but never seems to push himself. I've seen awesome solo's followed by sloppy ones, during the same gig! He's consistently inconsistant. Marty Friedman is streets ahead of him. That said, they still kick it live, just not as much as back in the day. I think they were at their tightest during the Damaged Justice tour. They really meant business in those days. Songs like Battery and Harvester Of Sorrow just f*ckin growled at you.

I know Kirk has come up with some great riffs, notably Enter Sandman, but i sometimes wonder what masterpieces would have been conceived if Dave Mustaine had remained. Megadeth are so underrated. Him and Hetfield are true riff masters!

Here's a cool vid from the Live Shit: Binge & Purge Seattle concert.