View Single Post

Old 05-06-2008, 01:55 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default The official Oasis topic.

Aloha !

This will be the official Oasis topic from now on. I know this band gets slagged off a lot of times, but it's just band you either dig, or you don't. Obviously I'm the one who digs them, very much I must say. If you dig this band, they're the band that make you feel invincible (and no, not in a gay Capt. Crashy-way) but really invincible. They're the band that make me feel ****ing invincible, they're the band that made me pick up the guitar again, made me start to write songs and are the band that have written the story of my life, with all the ups and downs I've had over the past 5 years.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that 80% of all Bon Jovi fans have no interest in this band and see the Gallaghers as the most annoying thing Rock & Roll has to offer, but it's just part of the thing that is Oasis. Besides that, the Gallaghers are a lot more down to earth, honest than JBJ and co. are. And a lot more funny too, I must add. I can't name any band who releases a tour documentary and give their own audio commentary in the extra's during which they completely slagg off everything that is being shown. Only for that Lord Don't Slow Me Down is worth watching.

Last night the demo's for Don't Believe The Truth have leaked. Including many of the songs that didn't make the album. And they're ****ing massive. After Oasis had recorded Don't Believe The Truth they kept saying how they had another album full of quality songs. And unlike most times, this time they actually had. Songs worth mentioning are a Liam-sung Lord Don't Slow Me Down and the original of Stop The Clocks. This is a song which Noel kept describing in interviews as the best thing he ever wrote (Though he says that quite often) and although it's not the best thing he ever wrote, it's certainly very good.

If the next album will sound anything like the demo's that leaked yesterday, it'll be a brilliant album that again you'll either dig or hate. Hopefully they'll be up for it. The only thing that bugs me is that their set is always stays the same on a world tour, but apart from that, I'm ready for it. Or mad fer it, as they used to say and I wil be defending this band 'till the day I die. So c'mon, bite me!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 05-06-2008 at 01:59 PM..