View Single Post

Old 08-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Okay, U2 just finished the show about 2 hours ago.

It's very rare I agree with Seb about anything...but what the ****?? This is supposed to be the biggest band in the world???

Admittedly I don't really know any of their new stuff too well, but I have heard it, and it's rubbish. I was hoping perhaps live it would sound better, it doesn't! For those of you slagging off Jovi's new song, I would say it's about a hundred times better than any of the guff U2 were pulling out tonight.

The highlight of the evening for me was I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For and Bono was struggling to sing the first verse of that.

Other than that...meh!!

Props for the stage set up - it's ****ing spectacular.

The set started with 2 really, quite mid tempo songs to open a gig with. Not sure what they were. City Of Blinding Lights should have been good with all their flashy tech around, but it was average. The Edge did a guitar solo somewhere that almost put me to sleep. And Bono was terrible during With Or Without You, and that's my favourite song, but I felt he murdered it. And then they finished with some dirge.

There were a few good songs in there - but for a band of U2's stature, I expect a gig full of good if not mind blowing performances.

Linkin Park was better and they almost bored me to death!

The Red Hot Chilli's were better.

I'm even debating if REM was better.

Where's the U2 vs Bon Jovi thread again, because U2 aren't even fit to wash Obie's hot rod.