View Single Post

Old 08-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi View Post
**** Andy I didn't know you were going.

I'd been hanging around myself until my sister and her future inlaws turned up.

We had awesome seats

I didn't think Bono was that bad actually but as a total gear head I thought the sound check where the guitar tech played pretty much every famous edge riff to check that it was all set up right said a lot about U2.

For all of their pomp and Bono prancing around like a preacher, it's all too clinical. If those guitars weren't set up exactly right then they couldn't play...

If they didn't have the stage set up it would have been a fairly good gig where they belt out some hits and then lose the plot playing their new MoR crap.

What Andy pertained to is pretty spot on. Bon Jovi get ragged on big time but out of the "biggest bands in the world" contenders I've seen pretty much all of them.

Bruce

Coldplay

REM

U2

Chilli Peppers

Bon Jovi

In fact I've seen all of them at least twice and bon jovi and bruce bring the rock every single time and know exactly what their audience want whereas the rest either aren't that great live or just go through the motions.
Yeah dude, me and J were in the top tier.

Just really disappointed in them - she was the same (but as she's a Jovi fan too that's probably why). But even during One, which is a song you'd expect the stadium to erupt into a huge sing-a-long too (I well remember being blown away by I'll Be The For You in 2001 in seats the exact same spot) and it was just bleh. In fact, dunno' about your section but there were people sitting down for the entire gig - not just a few - a lot of people. That would never happen at a BJ show.