Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1176773)
They should release Rosie also on the bonus disc. A big **** you to Richie and I could have that song. I like Jon's version more than Richie's.

Richie's versión is better than Bon Jovi Demo. but I would have liked to include in this edition, along with "Cadillac Man" and "In America" though.

DryCounty 05-21-2014 12:57 AM

Don't care what som thinks here. I'm so insanely excited about this. To get the absolutely amazing NJ demos in nice quality is a dream come true. Can't wait!

SuperBrad 05-21-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1176784)
Don't care what som thinks here. I'm so insanely excited about this. To get the absolutely amazing NJ demos in nice quality is a dream come true. Can't wait!

Agreed ! And im even excited bout AAA . I havent watched it since i threw my video recorder away 15 years ago !

Alphavictim 05-21-2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176751)
Why Love is War in Disc 1?

Because it was previously released. The stuff on disc 2 was not.

I'm kinda wondering what they're gonna do for the other albums. How much unreleased (at least officially) stuff is left from the KTF sessions? They'd have a great DVD with An Evening With, but as for a second CD, is there really that much? Cadillac Man might fit this time around, but that's all I can think of.

Either way, if this one's reasonably priced, I'm in. There's some great stuff among the previously unreleased tracks. Just let's hope they improved the audio quality.

Dave 1986 05-21-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstmatt (Post 1176768)
What are the odds that AAA has been reformatted to 16:9 widescreen????? That would be cool! Doubt it though.

It would be cool IF AAA was originally shot in 16:9 (which I doubt it was) and NOT "cropped" from 4:3 to 16:9, which is basically chopping off about 15% of the top and bottom of the picture for the sake of fitting nicely onto a modern TV. I hate it when people do that. It is what it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1176769)
I'd like to know what the audio experts on this board think of the SHM-CD audio format. I've been reading a lot of bad reviews about it over the years, and I'm starting to wonder whether I did well buying the latest releases from Japan.

I wouldn't say I was an expert, but I have The Circle and What About Now in SHM-CD format from CDJapan and, whilst I don't have the regular CD's to compare them to, they're still overly loud and compressed just like most modern CD's so I doubt you'll gain anything ordering this from Japan. Unless Japan get an extra Super Deluxe Edition with an extra bonus CD of more rarities (like the Box Set did) then I'd save your money and get your home version.

I'm pre-ordering this and I'm perfectly happy with it's content. I have the New Jersey demos in very low quality but due to this, they never gave me any listening pleasure, so it would be great for me to rediscover them if they're being released to a studio-level standard if that makes any sense. Access All Areas and New Jersey: The Videos both hold importance for me in themselves as it's through those two videos I discovered the album and really became a fan back in 2001. I'd only owned Crush at that time, plus I'd downloaded a few other songs prior so I didn't really "get" the band at that point. Plus I'd been meaning to watch AAA again for quite a while now.

bjcrazycpa 05-21-2014 02:31 AM

Well, I pre-ordered it. :)

Bleeding Purist 05-21-2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstmatt (Post 1176768)
What are the odds that AAA has been reformatted to 16:9 widescreen????? That would be cool! Doubt it though.

No, that would be an abomination. As Dave said, unless it was actually shot in 16:9 back then, all you are doing is chopping off the top and bottom of the original video and zooming in. Releasing something like this officially is saying the audience is too retarded to know better. If you want to fill that wide screen up, put the DVD in and change the aspect ratio setting which varies from make to make. Pretty much every widescreen TV has this built in. No need to actually release it that way so those that just want the original footage preserved have to suffer so that the ignorant can think they are watching HD.

themusicuni 05-21-2014 03:24 AM

New Jersey Deluxe Edition/Super Deluxe Edition coming July 1

Bon Jovi announces plans for an extensive 30th Anniversary catalog campaign with Island/UMe. The initiative will launch with the July 1st release of the seminal album New Jersey in a remastered 1-CD and digital edition, a 2-CD and digital Deluxe Edition, and a 3-disc (2-CD/1-DVD) Super Deluxe Edition. More 30th Anniversary commemorative titles, including newly-compiled collections of studio and live recordings, will also be released this year.

http://themusicuniverse.com/bon-jovi...aign-reissues/

powernoize 05-21-2014 05:19 AM

happened to come across this:

Bon Jovi RadioOnline ‏@RadioBonJovi 6h
Don't miss an exclusive interview with Obie O'Brien on Bon Jovi Radio talking about next releases! Next friday 10 PM (Argentina)
bonjoviradio.blogspot.com

in addition, this comment was posted on a Facebook page affiliated with the above blog...translated with bing

Obie told about Jon and I were working on the special dvd about the 30 years and the 2013 tour... . the idea was to take the filming of the concert in Australia... where are the first rockers who have a star in the hall of Fame...Jon is also recording his new cd as soloist and preparing your tour for 2015... Bon jovi also will soon be news,... John just ended the tour said on the official page of Bon Jovi... we have many new products to offer...I'm dying to see them...This was one of them and there are more... Luckily we have Bon Jovi for many years... happy that so is...never hesitate... thank you for always being with the band

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1176720)
Full Moon High probably is what's currently circulated as River of Love..

It is.....