Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

semigoodlookin 04-04-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1119574)

Anyway, completely beside the point. This is not the reason why Richie would have left (even if it's just temporary). And again, I am not sure I understand why people get so worked up about this. He'll come back eventually, the old bastard!

yep, If he has left for family reasons, they will clear up and he will return.

If he left cause he is pissed, high, elbow deep, or whatever other vice he has then eventually he will get sober for a few weeks and come back.

If he has had enough and walked, time's a healer and all that, so he will be back one day.

If it is health, well Mick Mars has been on stage from beyond the grave for years.

idbl_fanatic 04-04-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1119575)

If it is health, well Mick Mars has been on stage from beyond the grave for years.

LOL Right?

Mysterytrain 04-04-2013 12:30 AM

I had heard there was supposed to be some sort of official statement made about Richie today, but other than Matt's PO'd Tweets, I haven't heard anything. Were they this slow at issuing a statement back in 2011?

Fastlane 04-04-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1119565)
That's the emoji of a teenager reading her @ replies full of tweets from Bon Jovi fans :rolleyes:

People need to leave the kid alone and let her social network with her FRIENDS. Fans who follow her on twitter need to reel their fandom in. It's pathetic.

Bravo! Hear, hear! Post of the day.

Walleris 04-04-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1119577)
I had heard there was supposed to be some sort of official statement made about Richie today, but other than Matt's PO'd Tweets, I haven't heard anything. Were they this slow at issuing a statement back in 2011?

If my memory serves correct, in 2011 some website leaked the info and BJ.com announced it officially a couple of hours later, so it was nothing like this. This leads to me to believe, the more they wait to announce it, the less likely is the chance of it being related to substance abuse.

Thierry 04-04-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1119580)
If my memory serves correct, in 2011 some website leaked the info and BJ.com announced it officially a couple of hours later, so it was nothing like this. This leads to me to believe, the more they wait to announce it, the less likely is the chance of it being related to substance abuse.

Or the promotor is having a wank instead of posting something useful.

Becky 04-04-2013 12:39 AM

Another reason I don't think this is a case of Jon vs. Richie and Jon being a Big Bad Meanie is that Tico and Dave haven't walked away from the tour. If the band were being treated badly, they would be more likely to be unified and walk away together than for just Richie to leave. Jon's been surrounded by the same people for 30+ years. If he were really an ass to people, he wouldn't garner such loyalty. The band don't have to do this and his wife could have left and taken her half of everything long ago.

idbl_fanatic 04-04-2013 12:40 AM

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm well, but had to stay in LA to take care of a personal matter. Love you all and see you very soon.

bounce442 04-04-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119585)

Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm well, but had to stay in LA to take care of a personal matter. Love you all and see you very soon.

Interesting. Well glad he's okay. And at least he thinks he's coming back real soon.

danfan 04-04-2013 12:43 AM

Jesus, if it is not a big deal and he'll be back soon, THEN JUST ISSUE A DAMN STATEMENT!!!!

danfan 04-04-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1119586)
Interesting. Well glad he's okay.

Not interesting at all. Vague, pointless, and disrespectful to the fans who shelled out hundreds of dollars on tickets to see the band trying to decide if they should get a refund or not.

I'm sorry. Not trying to be a wanker to the guy. He could have some serious issues to deal with, and that's all cool. But when you're a celebrity and you choose this life, you gotta handle things the right way and be professional and respectful of your fans.

Jayster 04-04-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Well, fair enough. We really don't need to know anymore.

Could be family, could have been a friend in trouble, could be a legal issue.

Main thing is he's well and will be back.

Roll 04-04-2013 12:45 AM

I guess if Richie happened to leave the band, that would a good opportunity to drop the curtain. Those guys they're far from their prime and while Jon keeps being this workaholic, Richie only thinks of recording and playing the shitty songs he writes for his solo records, Dave cares about his musicals ans Tico wants to play golf (don't mention Hugh the ghostly bass player...). 30 years is a great achievement, they should think of that.
Anyway and though I'm not such a staunch supporter of Richie, I'd sell my tickets or get a refund for Madrid. I won't book a flight and a hotel night to see JBJ.

nikos greece 04-04-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

at last...i think matt wouldnt lie as well...it looks things are a bit better than what we speculated!!! maybe its sth with his mother or heather? to be honest it doesnt matter, if he is ok and the band is ok im fine

Jayster 04-04-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119588)
Not interesting at all. Vague, pointless, and disrespectful to the fans who shelled out hundreds of dollars on tickets to see the band trying to decide if they should get a refund or not.

Oh come on. He is not just the lead guitarist of a band.

He is human and shit happens and plans sometimes have to be amended.

Crushgen24/88 04-04-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Well..that's helpful.
I'm really curious what comes out of all this now.

Mysterytrain 04-04-2013 12:50 AM

Well, I feel a little better now.

crashed 04-04-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119587)
Jesus, if it is not a big deal and he'll be back soon, THEN JUST ISSUE A DAMN STATEMENT!!!!

He just did.

It's a personal matter - Richie had to stay and take care of it - no-one needs to know any more than that.

danfan 04-04-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1119600)
He just did.

It's a personal matter - Richie had to stay and take care of it - no-one needs to know any more than that.

He doesn't have to elaborate on what the personal matter is. Nobody cares. Just let us know, is he coming back? "See ya soon" doesn't tell anyone anything.

Javier 04-04-2013 01:02 AM

maybe his Hummer got impounded and he had to go to the DMV to clear it??

The Rock 04-04-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119601)
He doesn't have to elaborate on what the personal matter is. Nobody cares. Just let us know, is he coming back? "See ya soon" doesn't tell anyone anything.

He said see ya very soon and the announcement from bon jovi.com said this leg of the tour he will be missing. So 3 weeks at the most??

Solid Sambora 04-04-2013 01:05 AM

I'm glad he's come out and said something. Just a little reassurance.

Concert Queen 04-04-2013 01:05 AM

I just spoke to Ticketmaster regarding the offer of refunds for ticket purchasers. They know nothing about it. I'm know it's not been a long time since that was posted on the fanclub site, but I'm kind of wondering if that only applies to fanclub ticket purchases.

Roll 04-04-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119601)

I do agree with you. People speculate about him leaving the band. He could have made himself clear about that. We're glad to see he's OK but it tells US nothing about the situation with BJ.

IML88 04-04-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1119600)
He just did.

You're right they don't. Frankly none of us need to know the ins and outs of someones life. I'm glad he's well and its not a health or band issue.

I am however dissapointed in the way the camp have addressed this. People are paying alot of hard earned cash to see the band in full and at the very least deserve official statement as to whether this is for a leg, the rest of the tour or even a see how it goes.

Thierry 04-04-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IML88 (Post 1119607)
I am however dissapointed in the way the camp have addressed this. People are paying alot of hard earned cash to see the band in full and at the very least deserve official statement as to whether this is for a leg, the rest of the tour or even a see how it goes.

The whole managing systems sucks balls, they aren't managing anything at all.

CKatz 04-04-2013 01:23 AM

If I were him, I would have denied the TMZ story. Seems odd that he didn't even mention it: it's a major rumour. Or maybe he just isn't aware of it.

Mysterytrain 04-04-2013 01:33 AM

I'm guessing he isn't aware of it; after all, he wasn't aware of Matt's Tweet about 'no banners' either, and that's /within/ the Jovi organization. Or maybe he just doesn't want to acknowledge site like TMZ.

Jonty 04-04-2013 01:37 AM

All this speculation makes us as bad as the press speculating!! He is still in LA,explains why he was not at sound check. It's not Jon's or anyone's responsibility to tell the world what the issue is!! Richie will tell us or let more info out via the band when he wants and that's how it should be. I'm pretty sure the band fall out all the time, just look at Jon and Richie in London a few months back, a few days later they are brothers in arms again.
Richie has been on fire on tour so far, he knows that he is part of the bigger picture at BJ and although Jon does himself no favours with his attitude at times, he has his own family, had the drug issue with Steph recently and is likely to be more understanding and caring about a best friend than some seem to credit him for!
Lets quit the speculation and negativity. When more is known, then have a say but for now the support goes to the band, including any replacement and Richie on whatever the issue is! Hopefully they will all be reunited soon and get back in the groove!

Toņo 04-04-2013 01:51 AM

What happened with the "Addiction is a disease" debate? I want to know how it ends! hahahahha

yomamasofat 04-04-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119402)
Is masturbation a disease? If so, I've got it bad baby!!!

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE???????

Song introductions like this is the only thing that can help Jon keep the audience interested in absence of Richie.

ezearis 04-04-2013 03:43 AM

Phil X Is Back Into The Tour.

**** Yeaaaaah.

Edit: Sucks that Jovitalk doesn't let me write all in caps locks, I was actually shouting that.

Mysterytrain 04-04-2013 04:23 AM

Just read this: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-29173202.html

Alphavictim 04-04-2013 06:10 AM

Richie better be there in Vienna or I'm gonna be seriously pissed.

Savvi 04-04-2013 06:24 AM

After dedicating Wanted to Richie at tonight's show, Jon said...

"Life always has a few bumps in the road...he will be back""

That's encouraging to hear.

steel_horse75 04-04-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1119610)
If I were him, I would have denied the TMZ story. Seems odd that he didn't even mention it: it's a major rumour. Or maybe he just isn't aware of it.

Maybe he feels its so shit there's no need to comment or he hasn't seen it

yomamasofat 04-04-2013 08:24 AM

Actually maybe this whole thing is staged, to get people (not die hard BJ fans) talking about the tour and possibly attending the shows. The album bombed because it sucks so they need to get attention in some other way.

steel_horse75 04-04-2013 09:09 AM

album bombed? Dont think so.

MJB12 04-04-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 1119688)
Actually maybe this whole thing is staged, to get people (not die hard BJ fans) talking about the tour and possibly attending the shows. The album bombed because it sucks so they need to get attention in some other way.

Album debuted at #1 in the US

IML88 04-04-2013 10:55 AM

Yeah, the album certainly didnt bomb. I was actually quite impressed by its sales considering how terrible the marketing and promotion for it was. Shows the power of the Bon Jovi brand name.

Regarding Richie I think it has to be family or minor personal problems. If it was a cash or treatment by Jon thing, i've no doubt the label and promoters would put pressure on Jon to sort it at least for the European run. Its an ambitious tour in terms of venue sizes and the band can't be a member down or Jon be portrayed as some nutty dictator who pissed off his guitarist to the point he walked out.

If its personal its a similar sized leg as the one Richie skipped on the last tour, so its obviously the best time to take off. If I had to guess he'll be back for South Africa and Europe.