Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Walkerboy 05-20-2013 10:52 AM

I thought we had eliminated the "Community Service" statement as it doesn't mean the same in the US as everywhere else. Not related to criminal activity

RonJovi 05-20-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1130908)
It's the Mirror people! I'd believe the whole dog abuse story over anything they printed.

Generally I would too but there isn't really anything controversial in there and there are direct quotes. I'd bet the interview is legit.

Really just adds credence to the "Richie couldn't be arsed for whatever reason" theory for me. The fact he didn't ring Jon directly (at some stage), decided on the day that he wasn't turning up to Calgary and they have only spoken once since this blew up leans towards them not having a row but the relationship being very strained. It also clearly wasn't something out of the blue as it sounds like Jon was half expecting it. The quote about Richie being able to return only when he's ready to give it 100% is also very telling.

I'm losing a huge amount of respect for Richie the longer this goes on.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1130922)
Generally I would too but there isn't really anything controversial in there and there are direct quotes. I'd bet the interview is legit.

Really just adds credence to the "Richie couldn't be arsed for whatever reason" theory for me. The fact he didn't ring Jon directly (at some stage), decided on the day that he wasn't turning up to Calgary and they have only spoken once since this blew up leans towards them not having a row but the relationship being very strained. It also clearly wasn't something out of the blue as it sounds like Jon was half expecting it. The quote about Richie being able to return only when he's ready to give it 100% is also very telling.

I'm on the same wavelength.

Also, IF this interview is legit (and I too have a feeling that it is, given the quotes, the picture, it just doesn't seem the same old made-up crap, but I could be wrong, of course), Jon stresses the fact he's spoken to Richie only "once" (he says it three times) "in 6 weeks and 18 shows" (but who's counting?). Sounds to me like "he didn't even bother calling me every once in a while" or something along those lines. And IF it's true that Tico, David and Obie are all spending their every other day talking with him, this sounds even worse. My 2 cents based on all the IFs.

Beaky 05-20-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Agreed. I do think Jon is saying a lot without saying too much though; as I've said before, I think he knows full well why Richie isn't appearing and although there's been no row, I do think it's over a difference of opinion. If this was Richie keeping himself healthy, I don't think Jon would be as prickly as he has been toward RS in his comments.

Beaky 05-20-2013 11:50 AM

Matt posted a response to the Obie rumours about an hour ago...

'the only one who knows when he will return is Richie. None of us know when he will return but we will continue.'

RonJovi 05-20-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130935)
Agreed. I do think Jon is saying a lot without saying too much though; as I've said before, I think he knows full well why Richie isn't appearing and although there's been no row, I do think it's over a difference of opinion. If this was Richie keeping himself healthy, I don't think Jon would be as prickly as he has been toward RS in his comments.

Yeah, the more I hear from Jon in the press, the more there is to read between the lines. And this doesn't seem to be press manipulation to me, it's all there in Jon's quotes. Jon is also around long enough to know what impression he is giving and how to work the media. Even in that radio interview, where there was no room for manipulation, the same message was coming across.

He knows he can't say anything directly but he's giving a very good impression of what the problem is indirectly (Richie isn't ill or in jail/There hasn't been a fight/Only he can say what's wrong/Only he knows when he'll be back/We've only spoken once/He didn't call me the day of the Calgary show/When he's ready to give the same effort the rest of the band give he can come back).

I really thought that there was a genuine personal reason for Richie not being on the tour. Hard to believe that now. Just seems Richie has thrown his toys out of the pram. We all know that he probably has good reason to be pissed off but he appears to have handled things pretty terribly and with little regard for the fans.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130936)
Matt posted a response to the Obie rumours about an hour ago...

'the only one who knows when he will return is Richie. None of us know when he will return but we will continue.'

Don't believe in any words of Matt. Obie seems sincere.

Beaky 05-20-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130939)
Don't believe in any words of Matt. Obie seems sincere.

But what Matt is saying ties in precisely with what Jon is saying... this also proves that every single one of them was full of sh*t when they said he'd miss one leg of the tour. They didn't know how long he'd be out, so they just pulled that timespan out of their arses.

The problem here is, there will come a point where Richie's position is almost untenable. It seems like he is holding JBJ to ransom over something, being stubborn and making a point. The problem is, it's not working. Fans are fickle and will treat you with the respect you deserve. The only thing Richie is doing is de-sensitising the concert-going public to a Bon Jovi without him.

Jayster 05-20-2013 01:37 PM

I want to know whose decision it was to remove Richie from the photo at the top of this story.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/artis...ening-Act-Vote

Beaky 05-20-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1130941)
I want to know whose decision it was to remove Richie from the photo at the top of this story.

Whoever made the decision, I can see the problem from Bon Jovi The Brand's point of view. How long do you keep using RS in marketing materials when essentially, he's walked off of a tour?

The Rock 05-20-2013 01:55 PM

A fan who met Phil X and took a photo with him, said that he told Phil that he missed Richie and wanted him back and Phil said that he wanted Richie back too. The fan was nice and said that Phil was really friendly but he knows his place.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Whoever it was, they probably figured it's stupid and deceitful to keep on showing Richie in articles and other stuff that explicitly regard the tour. I don't know if it's something that the website could have decided on its own, but I doubt it. There must have been orders from the Bon Jovi camp, right?
The same website still features Richie in the header of the Bon Jovi artist page, even though they've been photoshopped to appear closer for layout purposes.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/artists/Bon-Jovi

RSROCKS 05-20-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

The quote about Richie being able to return only when he's ready to give it 100% is also very telling.

You're right, sort of - it's telling but in a different way. It's telling about how Jon seems himself vs. others because I went to a few shows and I'm pretty sure through most of the first leg, Jon could not have been arsed to give 100% at these shows, yet Richie was in great form. Jon was only giving 100% when Richie wasn't arsed to hop on a plane to Calgary or any of the following shows after Calgary.

MrNickel 05-20-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130950)
Whoever it was, they probably figured it's stupid and deceitful to keep on showing Richie in articles and other stuff that explicitly regard the tour. I don't know if it's something that the website could have decided on its own, but I doubt it. There must have been orders from the Bon Jovi camp, right?
The same website still features Richie in the header of the Bon Jovi artist page, even though they've been photoshopped to appear closer for layout purposes.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/artists/Bon-Jovi

Very strange indeed. The process of erasing him from people's memory could be starting. They'll try to edit him out of music videos next..............

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...pscd892e15.png

jessycardy 05-20-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130962)
Very strange indeed. The process of erasing him from people's memory could be starting. They'll try to edit him out of music videos next..............

That actually made me LOL.

I really hope this is all better than it seems, even though it's usually the opposite. :roll:

Supersonic 05-20-2013 03:45 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130962)

Yeah, or signatures:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...1/sh5y72eb.jpg

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

MrNickel 05-20-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1130970)
Aloha !

Yeah, or signatures:

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

haha classic

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-20-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1130970)
Aloha !

Yeah, or signatures:

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Haha what has the world come to? ;)

alessiasambo 05-20-2013 04:28 PM

Another interview where Jon talks about Richie (after slamming Justin Bieber for unprofessional behaviour and disrespecting his fans)

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...s-8623519.html

Bon Jovi come to Hyde Park on July 5 for their gig at the Barclaycard British Summer Time festival, but will be without guitarist Richie Sambora, who has pulled out of their tour.

Jon hinted that the reason may be the same as in 2011, when Sambora missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse.

He said: “It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something... Because all I can say is this — it’s for personal reasons. He’s been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time.

“Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in.

“You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’ ”

This is sounding just worse and worse. :c

Bounce7800 05-20-2013 04:30 PM

What's with all these ugly journalists printing pictures of their ugly mugs next to Jon Bon's pearly whites?

ben 05-20-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

well it's weird.. I can see him in my phone standing next to Tico but there's no Richie when I click the link in my laptop. what a confusion! I don't know what to say..

MrNickel 05-20-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alessiasambo (Post 1130987)
“Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in.

“You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’ ”

The Edge comment suggests that The Edge isn't replaceable but Richie is very replaceable. That comment was really insulting to Richie.

This gets worse and worse.

Bounce7800 05-20-2013 04:46 PM

Jon would appear to be getting very frustrated now, he's taking a lot of flack and it seems his patience has run out with whatever problem is keeping Richie off the tour.

muziektaal 05-20-2013 04:47 PM

Could someone please explain this sentence to me? I don't trust my English that much :rolleyes:

Is Jon saying that Richie is replaceable and it isn't difficult to do so? Or did I get the message wrong?

Dave88 05-20-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

He said: “It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something... Because all I can say is this — it’s for personal reasons. He’s been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time.
He may not be in rehab but it definitely sounds as an alcohol-related issue again.

Beaky 05-20-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130996)
The Edge comment suggests that The Edge isn't replaceable but Richie is very replaceable. That comment was really insulting to Richie.

He REALLY wants Richie to make a statement, so he's trying to tell him that Bon Jovi doesn't need him, to continue. It's insulting if Richie is really struggling with something at the moment... but he's not... he's 'f*cking great.'

I think Jon would rather know one way or the other, himself.

MellyMel 05-20-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alessiasambo (Post 1130987)
Another interview where Jon talks about Richie (after slamming Justin Bieber for unprofessional behaviour and disrespecting his fans)

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...s-8623519.html

Bon Jovi come to Hyde Park on July 5 for their gig at the Barclaycard British Summer Time festival, but will be without guitarist Richie Sambora, who has pulled out of their tour.

Jon hinted that the reason may be the same as in 2011, when Sambora missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse.

HARSH. Jon is pissed.

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 04:52 PM

Wow, I can't believe he said this :shock:

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muziektaal (Post 1130999)
Could someone please explain this sentence to me? I don't trust my English that much :rolleyes:

Is Jon saying that Richie is replaceable and it isn't difficult to do so? Or did I get the message wrong?

That's exactly what that means.

RonJovi 05-20-2013 05:00 PM

Well if this is what it looks like, I can believe he said it. Jon must be seriously frustrated that he's getting it in the neck because Richie can't be arsed (if that's what it is). You can only take that for so long.

CKatz 05-20-2013 05:01 PM

If Jon actually thought Richie was replacable, he would have fired him. Instead, he is basically begging for Richie to return by calling him out in interviews. It's like he is daring Richie to respond. Pretty sad that they're only communicating through interviews. Jon keeps saying they didn't have a fight, but both of their behaviours prove otherwise. Actions speak louder than words.

Beaky 05-20-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131007)
If Jon actually thought Richie was replacable, he would have fired him. Instead, he is basically begging for Richie to return by calling him out in interviews. It's like he is daring Richie to respond. Pretty sad that they're only communicating through interviews. Jon keeps saying they didn't have a fight, but both of their behaviours prove otherwise. Actions speak louder than words.

Jon's not stupid enough to fire Richie... yet. When it's no longer a stupid thing to do, he'll do it. Maybe not in so many words but he will.

PatriciaSambora 05-20-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Oh gosh.. This really scares me...

Living_on_my_Hair 05-20-2013 05:07 PM

Holy Shit, did Jon really just say that?! The gloves are coming off.
So, Edge is more vital to U2 than Richie is to Bon Jovi? (whether it's true or not is besides the point, it's very insulting to a band member and 'friend' to say something like that to the media. He's definitely trying to put pressure on Richie to make his decision)

It's almost like saying a female friend of yours is hotter than your own girlfriend ( which of course may well be true, but ffs there's some things you don't say..in public!) Ok, so it's nothing like that, but you get my feelings on the matter.

So in Jon's opinion Richie can either admit that he wants to rejoin the band or that he ''hates his brother and is gonna quit the band''?

Hmmm... ultimatum anybody?

Andi

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Saw on twitter that someone emailed absolute radio and they said BJM told them to remove RS

Lost_Faith 05-20-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1130997)
Jon would appear to be getting very frustrated now, he's taking a lot of flack and it seems his patience has run out with whatever problem is keeping Richie off the tour.

It won't be long until Richie is coming out of The closet. The Edge comment was harsh. WOnder how long Richie will still be quiet.

IMHO Richie did the right thing and I have a lot of respect for him to leave this sinking ship......

Beaky 05-20-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1131011)
Holy Shit, did Jon really just say that?! The gloves are coming off.
So, Edge is more vital to U2 than Richie is to Bon Jovi? (whether it's true or not is besides the point, it's very insulting to a band member and 'friend' to say something like that to the media)

It's almost like saying a female friend of yours is hotter than your own girlfriend ( which of course may well be true, but ffs there's some things you don't say..in public!) Ok, so it's nothing like that, but you get my feelings on the matter.

So in Jon's opinion Richie can either admit that he wants to rejoin the band or that he ''hates his brother and is gonna quit the band''?

Hmmm... ultimatum anybody?

Andi

Yep, big time. I think Jon is seeing the ticket sales fall off a cliff and is getting rather hacked off with Sambora.

I don't think that second year on the road is looking likely right now.

Reunion in two years anybody?

'Jon and I got together over a bottle of... Lucozade and it was like we'd never been apart, it was better than ever.'

That'd be great, huh. Right up to the point where Richie says, 'It's a big, rock record, it sounds like Bon Jovi but we've pushed the envelope,' NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Looking forward to seeing them at Shepherd's Bush Empire in ten years. What a f*ck up...

AnnieKTF 05-20-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130996)

Wow, I get that Jon's pissed or frustrated, whatever, at this point - who could even blame him. But this comment is very harsh. Not cool at all. :???: Kinda scary, actually.

Some of Jon's statements made me think it's the alcohol issue after all. He keeps repeating "We've been through this before, he's been through this before...". Oh, well.

Bounce7800 05-20-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost_Faith (Post 1131015)
It won't be long until Richie is coming out of The closet.

Now there's a possibility I didnt think of.... :p http://forum.football365.com/images/smilies/6.gif

RonJovi 05-20-2013 05:18 PM

This is a deliberate dig alright. Jon is far too media savvy to just say something like this off the top of his head.

It'd be great if there is a public slanging match. I'm too far past caring about the future of the band and their reputation or anything. It would be the most interesting output we've had from this band since the 90s.