Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DevilsSon 05-21-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1131336)
In regard to The Edge, has anybody seen "It Might Get Loud?" with him, Jimmy Page and Jack White? Awesome. Not only did it make me want to learn more about The Edge and Jimmy Page, it made me want to learn guitar. It also explains that, yeah, his setup is pretty beastly, but easily manipulated.

Also - it showcased what a limited player he is.
That movie made me become a fan of Jack White though. Huge admiration for that guy...

CharlieShipley 05-21-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1131347)
I do love the part about "Elevation"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHlU2ukrCoU

Ha! That's my favorite part. And where he goes to his school.

Also Jimmy Page's epic hair.

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2013 04:05 PM

Sounds? serious?. The Edge can not do neither solo as Into The Echo. Let's be honest, Jon always had a Ferrari (Sambora) and does not want to step on the accelerator. Jon is silly, I'm sure Bono would give anything to have a guitarist like Sambora.

MrNickel 05-21-2013 04:08 PM

"Let it all fall down around us, if that's what's meant to be. Right now if you don't love me baby, Lie to me. "

samboraisgodUK 05-21-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131350)
Sounds? serious?. The Edge can not do neither solo as Into The Echo. Let's be honest, Jon always had a Ferrari (Sambora) and does not want to step on the accelerator. Jon is silly, I'm sure Bono would give anything to have a guitarist like Sambora.

That's a very very strange example to use and a very odd analogy to back it up.

steel_horse75 05-21-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1131307)
Every day I check this thread hoping for some new news. Still waiting.

414 pages of speculation and bullshit

jessycardy 05-21-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131351)
"Let it all fall down around us, if that's what's meant to be. Right now if you don't love me baby, Lie to me. "

:puppydog:

Elevation 05-21-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

That might be the dumbest comment in the history of the internet. I think U2 is doing just fine with The Edge.

Mysterytrain 05-21-2013 06:06 PM

I'm a fan of both Bon Jovi and U2, and I think both band's guitarists play a huge role in identifying their band's sounds.

MrNickel 05-21-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131364)
:puppydog:

Sorry, maybe this old video will cheer people up.

jessycardy 05-21-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131377)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAxGdCKFLQs

Uhmmm, I don't know, this stuff's bittersweet nowadays, man! Plus, I was right there and saw it all unfold in front of my eyes... and then "Always" started and gaaah, are you trying to turn me into a puddle? LOL

Kathleen 05-21-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

It's not that old, only the last tour toward the end. Incredible show - my husband was tired of the same old setlists and that show had him doing a 180 degree turnaround and loving the band again. Great memories.

ezearis 05-21-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

They really need to start playing Lie To Me more often, is one of their greatest ballads.

danfan 05-21-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1131389)
They really need to start playing Lie To Me more often, is one of their greatest ballads.

Eh, opinion. I think it's one of their most boring songs.

efiste2 05-21-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Eh, opinion. I think it's one of their most boring songs.
I loved it, in particular the hamrmonies between Richie and Jon, looks like we wont be hearing it for a long while then.....and it was recorded when Jon's voice was a lot better.

some1 05-21-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

This is a statement I strongly disagree. And as a proper U2 hater. I can't stress enough how a HUGE element of the U2 sound is The Edge. He might not be the most technical guitar player out there, but in terms of creativity and creating textures for the songs, he is in a league of his own. Richie Sambora might be a very decent player and songwriter, but as we can see from the Phil X thing, it's not the hardest thing in the world to replace him in shows in a short notice. I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to do the same thing with The Edge.

Jonty 05-21-2013 07:49 PM

Nout from Richie yet then? He will wait till Jon is on stage tonight, then post something!!

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2013 07:59 PM

Matt is on twitter now.

I sent him a message that said this: We don't need a Buick. We Want Sambora back.

Matt answer:
Blah blah blah. Same old shit oozing from morons.

https://twitter.com/MatthewBongiovi

jessycardy 05-21-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131409)
Matt is on twitter now.

I sent him a message that said this: We don't need a Buick. We Want Sambora back.

Matt answer:

It wasn't necessarily a reply to you. It's a tweet on its own, so you can't be sure. He could also be referring to that gal pretending to know what's going on and saying stuff about Jon's ego and Richie's self respect, or some other stuff as well.

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131410)
It wasn't necessarily a reply to you. It's a tweet on its own, so you can't be sure. He could also be referring to that gal pretending to know what's going on and saying stuff about Jon's ego and Richie's self respect, or some other stuff as well.

Also I sent him a "teddy gift". You know.

MrNickel 05-21-2013 08:12 PM

Its more likely that a member of the Jovi family will let slip on whats really happening rather than Richie himself.

ezearis 05-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131413)
Its more likely that a member of the Jovi family will let slip on whats really happening rather than Richie himself.

Actually, it's been said, someone from the backstage said that it was alcohol related issues. And then Bobby Bandiera confirmed this the very next day saying "i heard he's getting himself together". I don't know why people still don't want to believe this when it was said more than a month ago.

If there's a fight, it was caused by this. Richie got drunk, couldn't get to the concert, Jon said he didn't wanted to see him until he got himself together.

MrNickel 05-21-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1131422)
Actually, it's been said, someone from the backstage said that it was alcohol related issues. And then Bobby Bandiera confirmed this the very next day saying "i heard he's getting himself together". I don't know why people still don't want to believe this when it was said more than a month ago.

If there's a fight, it was caused by this. Richie got drunk, couldn't get to the concert, Jon said he didn't wanted to see him until he got himself together.

When was this talked about ? First I've heard of it.

jessycardy 05-21-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

I didn't know about Bobby's quote. Was it discussed here? I think I've read all of this thing. LOL Although, "get oneself together" could be read in a lot of ways. Your scenario is likely, but it's not like it's a given, I think the matter's still very open. Plus, Jon's supposed words seem to paint a different picture. Why would he mention Richie quitting the band or hating him? I don't know, it just doesn't totally add up, in my opinion.

samboraisgodUK 05-21-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Total Bollocks.

_TxIkI_ 05-21-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

I remember reading this here... was a friend of you who talked with Bobby in some kind of gala I can't remember?

I heard about Lorenza also saying that no one was getting fired from the band and haven't heard anything about a fight, that Richie just had to take care of some personal issues. I think she said that on her FB page

jessycardy 05-21-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _TxIkI_ (Post 1131459)
I remember reading this here... was a friend of you who talked with Bobby in some kind of gala I can't remember?

I heard about Lorenza also saying that no one was getting fired from the band and haven't heard anything about a fight, that Richie just had to take care of some personal issues. I think she said that on her FB page

Yeah, she did somehow deny the rumors, although she didn't specifically go into details or anything. She was mostly just replying to someone's harsh comment on a picture she had on her page. It was a picture from a one-off show, featuring the usual set-up of her, Jon, Bobby, etc.... And this person said something to the effect of: "this is what Bon Jovi shows will be like in the future" or some non-sense like that. She didn't like the intrusion at all.

MrNickel 05-21-2013 09:10 PM

Whos your source........................

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps4e04ced0.png

alonso14 05-21-2013 09:12 PM

So these photoshops...

MrNickel 05-21-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonso14 (Post 1131476)

The post police are out. Who pissed in your cereal ?

jessycardy 05-21-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131484)
The post police are out. Who pissed in your cereal ?

It was Bobby. Hence, the soft spot. ;)

MrNickel 05-21-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131494)
It was Bobby. Hence, the soft spot. ;)

Haha no doubt.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-21-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1131389)

I agree.... wow. Tearing up every time damn it!

JoviJovi 05-22-2013 12:11 AM

So, Rob (Fuzesi) has just posted this on Facebook with the status: "In That Kind Of Mood! :) " Not sure if it means anything at all in reference to Richie coming back, but it could keep us going for a few pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=lT6hISihmHI

Jonty 05-22-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131409)
Matt is on twitter now.

Matt answer:

nice response!!!

ezearis 05-22-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131430)
When was this talked about ? First I've heard of it.

Like 200 pages before :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131432)
I didn't know about Bobby's quote. Was it discussed here? I think I've read all of this thing. LOL Although, "get oneself together" could be read in a lot of ways. Your scenario is likely, but it's not like it's a given, I think the matter's still very open. Plus, Jon's supposed words seem to paint a different picture. Why would he mention Richie quitting the band or hating him? I don't know, it just doesn't totally add up, in my opinion.

In my opinion, because of the same reason he denied the money issues: because there're rumors saying that and he wanted to put them down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _TxIkI_ (Post 1131459)

Yes, in that gala where Jon played before the South Africa dates.

jessycardy 05-22-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1131743)
So, Rob (Fuzesi) has just posted this on Facebook with the status: "In That Kind Of Mood! :) " Not sure if it means anything at all in reference to Richie coming back, but it could keep us going for a few pages.

I know it's silly, but it DOES feel like that. LOL It's like every day we have a little something new to "keep us going" for a while. Some weird stuff at times, none the less. This really sounds like a hint. Then again, it could totally be a badly timed coincidence.

Thanks for sharing.

jessycardy 05-22-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1131749)
In my opinion, because of the same reason he denied the money issues: because there're rumors saying that and he wanted to put them down.

No, I'm talking about the last interview, where he basically says Richie should make up his mind about either giving 100% to the band or saying that he hates his brother (Jon) and quit the band. If anything, he's fueling the rumor, not putting it down!

JoviJovi 05-22-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131759)
I know it's silly, but it DOES feel like that. LOL It's like every day we have a little something new to "keep us going" for a while. Some weird stuff at times, none the less. This really sounds like a hint. Then again, it could totally be a badly timed coincidence.

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome :) And I know what you mean about there's a little something every day, almost like a soap opera at this point. I guess yesterday was a big something though with Jon's "Edge" comment, lol.

Lisa71 05-22-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1131743)

Along the lines of reading into everything. Someone commented was that because Richie is coming back? Robert liked that comment, someone else said that you can't post stuff like that without people thinking sambora, he didn't deny her and now he has quoted a line from the song.

Yeah, we tease him a lot cause we got him on the spot, Welcome Back.