Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Walleris 07-15-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1180193)
But this isn't them recording the song, it's the filming of the music video (still have no idea why they recorded two version of it and only released one) but this isn't them in the studio.

Are you sure? As you pointed out none of this footage was used in the music video. Sometimes artists let cameras shoot while recording to use the footage for future documentaries or find other use of it.

I don't know the truth, obviously, but why do you think they actually performed the song (precisely like it's on the record), rather than just mimed to playback? To me that suggested that it was the recording of the song.

Captain_jovi 07-15-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1180194)
Are you sure? As you pointed out none of this footage was used in the music video. Sometimes artists let cameras shoot while recording to use the footage for future documentaries or find other use of it.

I don't know the truth, obviously, but why do you think they actually performed the song (precisely like it's on the record), rather than just mimed to playback? To me that suggested that it was the recording of the song.

I'm 100% sure. You can even see Richie playing the guitar solo, something that was added long after the song was originally recorded. I have no sound here at work but I recall them even saying they're filming the music video.

DestinationJovi 07-16-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1180194)

It won't let me view the video on a mobile device, but if the guitar solo in the video is exactly as it is on the album, this video isn't the recording of the song.

If the solo is the mellow one from the radio version, then this is video of them recording it. The new guitar solo was added to the album version after all the negative feedback they got about the radio version.

Captain_jovi 07-16-2014 02:55 AM

Here's the original opening to that.

jovifan93 07-16-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1180192)
It was!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPBgNnWXk0

Obviously, they had many takes and multiple guitar and vocal layers were added later, but still, they got together for this.

Jon seems fine singing the song in the original key here, it's a shame he felt the need to down tune it for live performance. Old and difficult songs yes, I understand, but this is a chicken move if you ask me.

The reason is quite simple actually - they tune the guitars and everything down one half step for live performances since I don't know when (the 90s?), so having one song in original key would just be too much effort...

Savvi 07-16-2014 01:26 PM

The more I listen, the more angry I get that Backdoor to Heaven didn't make the final cut :cry: Such an amazing song!

KSantaFe 07-16-2014 01:44 PM

Backdoor to Heaven or Full Moon High should have definitely replaced 99 in the Shade imo :)

jovifan93 07-16-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1180204)
Backdoor to Heaven or Full Moon High should have definitely replaced 99 in the Shade imo :)

Ah, 99 In The Shade is such a fun song, reminds me of my high school time, driving around in my car in the summer sun, every time I listen to it :-)

Raz0r 07-16-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1180204)

Blasphomy. You can't cut Tommy and Gina out of the NJ album.

nickolai 07-16-2014 05:23 PM

New Jersey is perfect as it is. Leave well alone