Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JoviJovi 05-22-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131763)
Along the lines of reading into everything. Someone commented was that because Richie is coming back? Robert liked that comment, someone else said that you can't post stuff like that without people thinking sambora, he didn't deny her and now he has quoted a line from the song.

Yeah, we tease him a lot cause we got him on the spot, Welcome Back.

Hmmm, the plot thickens, lol! And I guess we read into everything because nobody is willing to actually tell us anything!

Becky 05-22-2013 01:48 AM

I hope Richie is back, but I hope they keep Phil around too for insurance.

I don't know when school gets out in California, but this is the last week for school in MS. Maybe if this has all been Ava related, she'll be able to go on the road with Richie if that's what she needs to do.

jessycardy 05-22-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1131761)
You're welcome :) And I know what you mean about there's a little something every day, almost like a soap opera at this point. I guess yesterday was a big something though with Jon's "Edge" comment, lol.

Yeah, sometimes the "little something" is actually quite a big deal! LOL Just like on soap-operas, you gotta have some major unexpected events and cliffhangers every once in a while to keep things really hot. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131763)
Along the lines of reading into everything. Someone commented was that because Richie is coming back? Robert liked that comment, someone else said that you can't post stuff like that without people thinking sambora, he didn't deny her and now he has quoted a line from the song.

Yeah, we tease him a lot cause we got him on the spot, Welcome Back.

Thanks. I didn't notice the like (or there wasn't one yet) and the additional comment wasn't there when I checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1131766)
Hmmm, the plot thickens, lol! And I guess we read into everything because nobody is willing to actually tell us anything!

True that. Also, it's sick, but I think it's because it's quite entertaining in a way as well? It surely helps to exorcise this big whole drama a lot and make it through the infamous 6 weeks and 18 shows (and counting).

DestinationJovi 05-22-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1131743)
So, Rob (Fuzesi) has just posted this on Facebook with the status: "In That Kind Of Mood! :) " Not sure if it means anything at all in reference to Richie coming back, but it could keep us going for a few pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=lT6hISihmHI

Veryyyyy promising!

But really? Rob is going to be the one (if we discount Obie) who reveals Richie is back? I'd think Matt would've liked that honor to seem important.

Becky 05-22-2013 03:12 AM

Latest from Richie:

Hey there's too much to say right now so I won't say anything......love you all...thank u for your support...

milomom 05-22-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1131788)
Latest from Richie:

Hey there's too much to say right now so I won't say anything......love you all...thank u for your support...

Yeah that helps SO much. WTF is he thinking? Better to say nothing at all than crap like that.

:mad:

JoviJovi 05-22-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Latest from Richie:

Seriously, he was better off actually not saying anything.

DestinationJovi 05-22-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Latest from Richie:

Not good enough. He needs to call his publicist and release a statement. He's losing support by the second.

JoviJovi 05-22-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1131782)
Veryyyyy promising!

But really? Rob is going to be the one (if we discount Obie) who reveals Richie is back? I'd think Matt would've liked that honor to seem important.

I always discount Obie, and even Rob is questionable.

danfan 05-22-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Latest from Richie:

Seriously, the guy is acting like a friggin' high school cheerleader in a tiff with her BFF. Has to announce EVERYTHING to the world but says absolutely NOTHING.

danfan 05-22-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1131791)
Not good enough. He needs to call his publicist and release a statement. He's losing support by the second.

He lost mine weeks ago.

Richie will always be Bon Jovi's guitar player, but I've decided, "Screw it. I'm gonna go to the show regardless."

He's being a bitch about it.

ezearis 05-22-2013 03:22 AM

I know I got a lot of bills to pay, so I'm not paying any of them, lol. Love you all.

- Richie Sambora.

Mysterytrain 05-22-2013 03:27 AM

Or, perhaps Richie is attempting to demonstrate the adage of, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'

Maybe Jon's comments about The Edge yesterday got to him....

GabrielC 05-22-2013 03:27 AM

Richie should quote Oasis, that he likes so much:

"There are many things that I'd like to say to you, but I don't know how".

bjcrazycpa 05-22-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1131798)
Or, perhaps Richie is attempting to demonstrate the adage of, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'

Maybe Jon's comments about The Edge yesterday got to him....

If that is the case, then call and speak with him...time to work it out already!!

Shaz 05-22-2013 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1131803)
If that is the case, then call and speak with him...time to work it out already!!

I agree Deb and that cuts both ways....*if the mountain won't come to Mohamed...then Mohamed must go to the mountain*...stubborn bas*ards...both of them...

Shaz 05-22-2013 03:52 AM

what both of them need is a 2x4...up the side of their head...one needs to speak, the other needs to shut up...what we have tho is the one that needs to speak shutting up and the one that now needs to shut up speaking...this is a psychologists dream seriously....I'd rather deal with kids than grown ups.

milomom 05-22-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaz (Post 1131808)
what both of them need is a 2x4...up the side of their head...one needs to speak, the other needs to shut up...what we have tho is the one that needs to speak shutting up and the one that now needs to shut up speaking...this is a psychologists dream seriously....I'd rather deal with kids than grown ups.

Brilliant post for your 1000th on JT. I agree completely. Can I volunteer to operate one of the 2x4s?

Captmorgs 05-22-2013 04:00 AM

Throughout this whole ordeal, my respect for Jon has grown (not sharing Richie's personal shit, working to make sure the shows are still great). And my respect for Richie has diminished (it seems like he is choosing to bail, weird tweets about "doing ****ing great!" while the band tours without him).

Shaz 05-22-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1131813)
Brilliant post for your 1000th on JT. I agree completely. Can I volunteer to operate one of the 2x4s?

Feel free :)

JonGirl 05-22-2013 04:13 AM

Richie should have just said thanks for the support and left out that asinine remark.

And maybe Jon should call up Lou Cox again.

JoviJovi 05-22-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1131826)
It sounds like both sides are being passive-aggressive and taking shots at each other in the media.

Jon's comment about The Edge made me think back to that TMZ article that accused Jon of having 'belittled' Richie. If that is any way true, the comment about The Edge vs. Richie seems like the ultimate example of a belittling statement imo.

Someone on Tumblr made what I thought to be a succinct comment to this issue:

'It’s not about Jon being frustrated about having to answer the question about Richie. He doesn’t have to answer it, he can easily blacklist the question. He also is choosing to communicate with Richie through the media because by his own admission, he has only spoken to him once.

'What is being discussed at the core is that Jon had the audacity to say that The Edge is irreplaceable to U2 while Richie Sambora is replaceable. The Edge’s guitar work is simple. He really just plays the same licks over and over again. So is he trying to say Edge is a more important member of U2 than Richie is Bon Jovi? That’s pretty insulting to the guy who has written or co-written most of Bon Jovi’s hit songs. Wonder if he thinks he could have made it without his song writing skills too?

'People would be up in arms of Richie said the same thing about Jon. The blind Jon defending is sickening. Richie left the band high and dry but the fact that people are blind to what Jon is doing is sickening. It’s actually appalling.'

Just thought it was an interesting take on this whole soap opera...

Yes, Jon made an idiotic comment. I think to some degree that comment came out of frustration. Either way, the fact remains the Richie bailed, and left the rest of the band high and dry. He failed his band and his fans...again. He doesn't just get a pass because Jon has been turned into some maniacal dictator in the eyes of a few Richie diehards. I am not naive to the fact the Jon is most likely a pr*ck, but this situation is Richies doing and the way he has handled it has made it worse.

rightsideofwrong 05-22-2013 05:03 AM

Richie is the common problem for the band. That's really all there is to it. Jon has every right to be pissed and say things out of frustration. Should he? No. Did it slip? Probably.

The more I think about it the more Richie pisses me off. I've been tip top and smiling while wasted. Good for him. If there is too much for him to say then stay off of twitter as well. Every post he posts without his expected return date or that he quit is just a slap to the face.

WillRunForChocolate 05-22-2013 05:10 AM

I wonder if Richie's depressed...

CharlieShipley 05-22-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1131834)
I wonder if Richie's depressed...

As someone who suffers from depression, I have suspected this too.

bounce442 05-22-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rightsideofwrong (Post 1131833)
Richie is the common problem for the band. That's really all there is to it. Jon has every right to be pissed and say things out of frustration. Should he? No. Did it slip? Probably.

The more I think about it the more Richie pisses me off. I've been tip top and smiling while wasted. Good for him. If there is too much for him to say then stay off of twitter as well. Every post he posts without his expected return date or that he quit is just a slap to the face.

I agree with you 100%... I reserved my anger or judgement up until just recently, but now I am irritated. I did my best, holding it for an explanation or his return, but the guy can't even pick a winner for his cover contest. This is low rent amateur nonsense.

I hate it that he worked his ass of for 25 years to blow his good will like this.

AmyHarket 05-22-2013 05:48 AM

I’m so frustrated and exhausted. I got broken and bruised by his rudeness towards fans as much as I cared for him.
When I heard Jon said something like “he chose not to do the tour” in the interview at the press conference in Vienna, I got shocked because I never thought Richie’s absence was due to his intention. I believed that a custody problem occurred on the Calgary show day and he was not legally allowed to leave LA. I never thought he chose not to show up on the show day (Calgary show).
If he strongly didn’t want to continue the tour, he should’ve let the band know before hand so that the band was able to find a guitarist for the tour including the Calgary show. He is one of the founding members of the band, and no doubt he knows the band more than any of the fans, so I bet he knows “Show must go”.
His act is beyond unprofessional and rude to the fans.
Before losing his respect from all of the fans, he needs to find a personal manager who has good skills to manage him and to control public relations as soon as possible. This band is very important to me so I don’t want to hate him for the rest of my life…………….

rightsideofwrong 05-22-2013 05:56 AM

It does suck. I havnt been really mad at him until now. Having the audacity to get on twitter and say there is too much to say..

Lisa71 05-22-2013 06:13 AM

Someone asked Matt:

Hannah Sambora ‏@JoviHolic31 2h
@MatthewBongiovi is Richie safe and healthy? Please, this young, concerned fan is a little worried due to his latest tweet...

Matt's response:
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1h
@JoviHolic31 not sure where his head is at with that

Then someone got worried by Matt's above response:

MAVS & Bon Jovi ‏@Serpephone 1h
OMG... panic mode setting in! RT "@MatthewBongiovi: @JoviHolic31 not sure where his head is at with that"

Matt's response:
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1h
@richardmartos @serpephone @joviholic31 no panic needed. I just don't know what he refers to. No reason to look into my comment.

WillRunForChocolate 05-22-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rightsideofwrong (Post 1131842)
It does suck. I havnt been really mad at him until now. Having the audacity to get on twitter and say there is too much to say..

I can't even keep track of how many emotions I've had over the course of these 400+ pages. It's pretty clear that Richie's "personal issues" are from within. I don't think it's something outside of him that he has to attend to, like a sick family member.

Now I'm just sad. Admittedly I don't know what's going on with him, but Richie is just not acting like a grown up, responsible man. Obviously Jon is aggravated, and rightly so. I just hope he can overcome whatever demons are plaguing him. If he is having emotional trouble then I hope he finds the help he deserves.

If he wants to leave the band then so be it. But please say goodbye with dignity and treat your band mates and fans with respect.

Sorry for rambling. His tweet just upset me :(

AmyHarket 05-22-2013 06:32 AM

Richie needs a brain. He cannot control himself as an adult. He really needs a good skilled personal manager or publicist or both....

CharlieShipley 05-22-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyHarket (Post 1131846)
Richie needs a brain. He cannot control himself as an adult. He really needs a good skilled personal manager or publicist or both....

I don't think this is entirely fair. It may be his brain he's struggling with.

rightsideofwrong 05-22-2013 06:39 AM

So then he needs a new brain. Or new meds?

CharlieShipley 05-22-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rightsideofwrong (Post 1131849)
So then he needs a new brain. Or new meds?

I'm sure this is intended to be facetious, but I don't find it funny at all. And Richie's meds are nobody's damn business but his. This topic touches a nerve with me.

AmyHarket 05-22-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1131848)
I don't think this is entirely fair. It may be his brain he's struggling with.

With this situation, it’s obvious he is the one who is making this mess worse. People other than those who blindly believe him are losing their respect for him.
Seriously, he needs someone who is capable of managing him and controlling public relations in order to maintain his reputation.
If he had such person, many of the fans could have believed that he might be struggling with his brain as a reasonable reason……….

CKatz 05-22-2013 07:54 AM

Some of you are getting really nasty. I have a feeling a lot of you are going to regret what you've said once the truth comes out.
People have been forcing him to say something, now he has: He has a lot to say, but doesn't want to (or can't) right now. That's not too hard to understand..... I understand the frustration of not knowing what is going on, but we will eventually.

CKatz 05-22-2013 07:56 AM

And the "He needs a new brain" comment was really uncalled for and disgusting. Shame on you.

AmyHarket 05-22-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131855)
Some of you are getting really nasty. I have a feeling a lot of you are going to regret what you've said once the truth comes out.
People have been forcing him to say something, now he has: He has a lot to say, but doesn't want to (or can't) right now. That's not too hard to understand..... I understand the frustration at not knowing what is going on. But we will eventually.

I hope that this whole thing turn out to be that case.

PatriciaSambora 05-22-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1131844)

Now I'm just sad. Admittedly I don't know what's going on with him, but Richie is just not acting like a grown up, responsible man. Obviously Jon is aggravated, and rightly so. I just hope he can overcome whatever demons are plaguing him. If he is having emotional trouble then I hope he finds the help he deserves.

If he wants to leave the band then so be it. But please say goodbye with dignity and treat your band mates and fans with respect.

Sorry for rambling. His tweet just upset me :(

Totally agree if he wants to leave the band at least do it with respect to your band mates and fans and about his emotional situation I just hope he finds the help he needs.. I always though Richie is a great man and he has a big heart and if he's having mental issues some people's comments including those close to him could not helping him at all. His last tweet made me sad:(

Mongoose 05-22-2013 08:30 AM

I just watched Phil X play Dry County solo

no no no no no NO. :mad: