Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 07-16-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1180207)
Ah, 99 In The Shade is such a fun song, reminds me of my high school time, driving around in my car in the summer sun, every time I listen to it :-)

I totally hear that.... 99 is the perfect way to end the album and set up Love For Sale.

The final NJ song selections are perfect imo... There is an obvious goal to balance out an album between ballads, rockers, slow songs, etc so if you swap, 99 which is a faster upbeat song for Backdoor which is a little slower, it would throw off the balance. Backdoor for Livin In Sin would make for a better swap but LIS is brilliant and belongs on the final album.

All the demos (including Love Is War) really come off different to me then the final NJ tracks. It's not just because they are unfinished with the 80's style production / master but they just have a different overall vibe.

I wonder how they would mesh with the tracks as a completed double album? And I wonder if there are more NJ tracks out there still sitting in that vault?

bonjovi90 07-16-2014 06:21 PM

I wouldn't change one track on the original NJ either. Each one is important for the flow and the great texture of the album and belongs on there.

KSantaFe 07-16-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1180212)
I wouldn't change one track on the original NJ either. Each one is important for the flow and the great texture of the album and belongs on there.

Fair enough, though 99 in the Shade doesn't do much for me. Maybe the record company should have just risked the higher prices for a double-album!

Savvi 07-17-2014 03:17 AM

99 In The Shade is such an under rated song. I love it.

I agree that the tracklist for NJ is (nearly) perfect, though ultimately if it was up to me I'd take out Homebound Train and replace it with Backdoor to Heaven.

I realise Homebound Train is different from nearly anything the band has done and has an edgier sound, but it really does nothing for me. It would be one of my least liked BJ song in their catalog. Would take 99 over it any day.

Grantos1 07-17-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1180210)
And I wonder if there are more NJ tracks out there still sitting in that vault?

I'm sure they'll be tracks that are less finished than the demos we just got, but Jon obviously doesn't want them heard due to not being near complete. I don't understand why they simply couldn't have put Rosie on there. It will be interesting if the next special edition is SWW and if all the demos that we have already heard appear on it.

Nige 07-17-2014 12:34 PM

Finally got my copy today as a belated birthday present! What a great release :D Started with the demos so haven't listened to the remastered album or watched AAA yet.

Slightly curiously itunes lists the demo CD as "Metal".

KSantaFe 07-17-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1180235)
Finally got my copy today as a belated birthday present! What a great release :D Started with the demos so haven't listened to the remastered album or watched AAA yet.

Slightly curiously itunes lists the demo CD as "Metal".

Yeah I found that strange too. It may have been considered metal back in the day, but by modern standards it doesn't really fit. "Rock" would have sufficed.

liljovi93 07-17-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1180236)
Yeah I found that strange too. It may have been considered metal back in the day, but by modern standards it doesn't really fit. "Rock" would have sufficed.

I wouldn't worry too much. 'This Left Feels Right' is Gothic Rock apparently.

Raz0r 07-17-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1180239)
I wouldn't worry too much. 'This Left Feels Right' is Gothic Rock apparently.

lmfao, that's halarious. Where has it been classified as such? Goes to show how stupid grouping music into genre is.

liljovi93 07-17-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1180240)
lmfao, that's halarious. Where has it been classified as such? Goes to show how stupid grouping music into genre is.

When you rip the album on iTunes that's the genre it gives it. I did laugh for a long time when I seen that.