Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

steel_horse75 04-09-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1121133)
that podcast is very interesting

They may have been right about the show - dont know as I wasnt there but I think the criticism of the album is way over the top.

Roll 04-09-2013 03:07 PM

At the moment, I just wish Richie left the band so that he may bless us on a more regular basis with his heavenly inspiration. I listen to World right now, greatest Bon Jovi tune in years, for sure! The guitar is truly amazing on this one, I can see why it took 14 years to be completed! I'm glad to see how good Richie can be when he's unleashed. Evil Jon!

RonJovi 04-09-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121143)
I want to clarify this by saying I am certainly not a'Jon-Hater' or a 'Richie-Lover' (Christ, this must be what life is like on a One Direction message board!) I was just responding to a post and telling you what a very well-placed and trusted colleague and I discussed.

That's it. You're a f**kin genius. Get one of the One Direction boys in to replace Richie. Harry Styles maybe.

That way you crack a whole new market, the under 14s - therefore you're relevant. Harry wouldn't need to be able to play guitar because Bon Jovi don't have guitar in their songs anymore and there would be no danger of rehab because he isn't old enough to drink.

Jovimimi 04-09-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1121144)
They may have been right about the show - dont know as I wasnt there but I think the criticism of the album is way over the top.

they are very focused on the fact the album is for housewives (one guy is not really into bon jovi today (the host) and the guest is a huge fan who happen to be higly disappointed by this last album) .... An album for housewives and you don't have balls if you love it as a male fan ... I am betting a lot of guys listeners felt castrated ... ahhh LOL .... but this is the typical way do sound serious for a man talking : the infamous balls mention ..... you have them or not ?? (extremely sexist way of thinking ... if it is for housewives it is BAD but I must say that I UNDERSTAND what they mean though and I don't feel concerned by the references)
I think the album is easy to the ears totally (musically it is not very complicated - but for people liking the classic rock bands from the 80's it is too easy too formatted for a not too demanding audience who wants romance and crafted quick and cheap and it is mellow ...
I am quite speechless that none of the guys mention Richie and booze or bimbos but just issues with the whole system. It seems to me that this time what I call *the bon jovi machine propaganda* didn't work

Beaky 04-09-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1121146)
That's it. You're a f**kin genius. Get one of the One Direction boys in to replace Richie. Harry Styles maybe.

That way you crack a whole new market, the under 14s - therefore you're relevant. Harry wouldn't need to be able to play guitar because Bon Jovi don't have guitar in their songs anymore and there would be no danger of rehab because he isn't old enough to drink.

Superb! Harry Styles for Bon Jovi! Nice shout... although isn't he the one who's a bit off a shagger? Dorothea will NOT like that...

RonJovi 04-09-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121148)
Superb! Harry Styles for Bon Jovi! Nice shout... although isn't he the one who's a bit off a shagger? Dorothea will NOT like that...

Ah this is a good point. Maybe Dorothea in for Richie and re-name the band.

The new band could be to Bon Jovi what Wings were to the Beatles?

Or get one of Little Mix in?

Living_on_my_Hair 04-09-2013 03:49 PM

So, update me then. Something about Tom Cruise replacing Bobby, Richie's joined a cult, and Dorothea and One Direction's Harry to join?

Right, thanks. Need to keep up to speed :)

Andi

RonJovi 04-09-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1121155)
So, update me then. Something about Tom Cruise replacing Bobby, Richie's joined a cult, and Dorothea and One Direction's Harry to join?

Right, thanks. Need to keep up to speed :)

Andi

Yep. Bobby is off to form an ironic tribute act to an all time great.

The act will be known as Jimi No-Trix. His playing will be better suited to it.

idbl_fanatic 04-09-2013 04:05 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 1m

Folks it's up to Richie to make an official statement and nobody else. He WILL be back on the road

Walkerboy 04-09-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1121143)
I want to clarify this by saying I am certainly not a'Jon-Hater' or a 'Richie-Lover' (Christ, this must be what life is like on a One Direction message board!) I was just responding to a post and telling you what a very well-placed and trusted colleague and I discussed.

Apparently one of 1Direction yesterday tweeted after Thatcher's death that he had no idea who she was, but was probably something to do with the Queen.

I worry for this country........ Then again, if kids these days are trying to be pop stars instead of getting an education, it's no wonder they are thick as....

Along the same lines, and still way off topic - I believe on of the trending topics on Twitter testerday was either "nowthatchersdead" or "nowthatchersgone" (can't remember which), resulting in lots of people thinking that either Cher or Cher Lloyd had died!