Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is There Anyone Who DOESN'T Like The Circle? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49609)

Rob 11-17-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 958510)
Me too Paul...love me some Little City for the reasons you stated!!

deb

Yeah me too. Little City was the song that took the longest to grow on me. Learning How To Fall took almost as long and subsequently they are my favourate two songs off the album.

crashed 11-17-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJovi (Post 958267)
Slippery has 2 or 3 good songs and the rest is average?
That's the funniest thing i have heard this yr.Sure it's dated,it was1986,don't you think jersey is dated,try bad medicine,lay your hands on me,born to be my baby i can go on and on.
Slippery has 1 OK song which is social disease the rest is a pop rock masterpiece which is still outselling almost all there other cds.
If it wasn't for slippery there probably wouldnt be a bon jovi i can safely say.

Actually, New Jersey DOESN'T sound dated when I listen to it and hands down, it's the better album. I rarely listen to Slippery all the way through in fact.

And I never said anything about the effect it had on Bon Jovi's career either. I've never denied that it's a classic album - but it is only such a classic because it was a breakthrough album at that point in time. Prayer, Wanted and Never Say Goodbye are great. The rest are good but there's nothing outstanding about them. Tracks like Wild In The Streets and Raise Your Hands are no better than It's My Life, or Sleep, or any of the other fun pop rock songs Jovi have done since. They just set the scene.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. Glad you're amused.

Makedde 11-18-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazielSR (Post 958460)
The best post These days album imo. The circle is an amazing album.

Nah. Its grown on me, alot after many listens, but I dont rate it as one of my favourites. Its a decent album though.

I guess I have changed my mind a bit. This was really the only album I didnt like straight away, so I cant list it as a favourite.

BobbyJovi 11-18-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 958653)
Actually, New Jersey DOESN'T sound dated when I listen to it and hands down, it's the better album. I rarely listen to Slippery all the way through in fact.

And I never said anything about the effect it had on Bon Jovi's career either. I've never denied that it's a classic album - but it is only such a classic because it was a breakthrough album at that point in time. Prayer, Wanted and Never Say Goodbye are great. The rest are good but there's nothing outstanding about them. Tracks like Wild In The Streets and Raise Your Hands are no better than It's My Life, or Sleep, or any of the other fun pop rock songs Jovi have done since. They just set the scene.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. Glad you're amused.

Breakthrough album?Sure it was,all 15 million copies of it.It must have been good right?What about without love,id die for you,and the rest.
Anyway i will agree that jersey is a better album.
But in terms of outstanding,Sleep when im dead wouldnt make it on jersey or slippery,it simply aint good enough.

BobbyJovi 11-18-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makedde (Post 957590)
I actually love Bounce, its one of my favourite albums. I love all the songs you listed, actually.

Today I listened to JBJ's solo effort for the first time. I have to say that The Circle is ten times better. In fact, I have the urge to listen to it now just to just to remind me that there is an album worse than The Circle. It may not be an actual Jovi album...but gawd, its shithouse.

Just want to say that bounce is a great album.Peope complaining that there arent enough rockers are on crack.Undivided,everyday,hook me up and bounce.
On almost every bj cd since njersey,you'll find about 4 rocking songs,the rest are either mid tempos or ballads.Except for have a nice day which seemed to have more rockers than most of the other post 1992 cds.
As for dest anywhere,that is a fantastic cd.Almost every song is great,i see that quite a few people here arent interested in change and they still want to hear slippery part 2.
The best thing about a jovi cd is that there all different,thank god for that.

Makedde 11-18-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJovi (Post 958766)
Just want to say that bounce is a great album.Peope complaining that there arent enough rockers are on crack.Undivided,everyday,hook me up and bounce.
On almost every bj cd since njersey,you'll find about 4 rocking songs,the rest are either mid tempos or ballads.Except for have a nice day which seemed to have more rockers than most of the other post 1992 cds.
As for dest anywhere,that is a fantastic cd.Almost every song is great,i see that quite a few people here arent interested in change and they still want to hear slippery part 2.

Bounce is one of my favourite Jovi albums...Misunderstood (one of my personal faves), Undivided, Bounce, and I even like Joey!

Ferret 11-18-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Yeah, there are plenty of rockers on Bounce, but apart from Undivided and, to a lesser extent, Hook Me Up, they're all absolute cack.

Supersonic 11-18-2009 08:25 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Ever since Bon Jovi started recording albums with "different" songs their album releases have been piss. "We need a little bit of this, a little bit of that, a little bit of this, a little bit of that", all these style mixed together make a shit album altogether with the Bounce record being the perfect example for that.

And there's a difference between rockers and mid-tempo songs. A song can be mid-tempo and still rock. That said, the mid-tempo songs on Bounce and The Circle don't rock at all and I don't know what you're on when you're saying there's only 4 rockers on every Bon Jovi album apart from HAND. :|

There's also a difference in saying I want a rock album and I want a Slippery part II. People like you seem to think that you can't change and make a rock album at the same time.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

bjmjpl 11-18-2009 11:32 PM

back to DA - still 2 of my favorites are

Sad Song Night and DRIVE!!! - great drum song - kenny aranoff - played at Starland....

jbjrsdc 11-19-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmjpl (Post 958931)
back to DA - still 2 of my favorites are

Sad Song Night and DRIVE!!! - great drum song - kenny aranoff - played at Starland....

Sad Song Night is a fav of mine as well, prefer it to all that made DA. I can see why Jon left it off DA, as it doesn't really fit, musically speaking it's a little to straight forward compared to the rest of material on DA; which is quite far off the traditonal musical path Jovi wise. As for the songs that made DA I love Suitcase, Piece Of My Heart, & Destination Anywhere.