Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DestinationJovi 10-04-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1153946)
But keep in mind that the photographer is down to having to alternate between two original members -- he's just plan running out of material, LOL!

Poor Hugh :( He's like the red headed stepchild LOL.

Javier 10-04-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1153947)
Aw come on. Bobby played on DA and has been touring with the band since 2005. Phil has bailed Jon out twice but he hasn't earned the loyalty that Bobby has. Bobby sucks, but he's been involved with Jon and the band a long time.

I know what you mean but keep in mind that he was there at a moments notice the second time. He's had to put up with plenty of haters that will hate his guts just for the fact that he's in Richie's rightful spot on stage. He's had to learn a shitload of songs in a relatively short amount of time. He's recorded with the band. Has he been there as long?? No he hasn't, but 2 tours, and 60+ songs later, yeah he's earned his place.....

jovigirloz 10-04-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1153951)
I know what you mean but keep in mind that he was there at a moments notice the second time. He's had to put up with plenty of haters that will hate his guts just for the fact that he's in Richie's rightful spot on stage. He's had to learn a shitload of songs in a relatively short amount of time. He's recorded with the band. Has he been there as long?? No he hasn't, but 2 tours, and 60+ songs later, yeah he's earned his place.....

I agree he has earnt his place, it is just never in Richies place.

joriile 10-04-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1153946)
But keep in mind that the photographer is down to having to alternate between two original members -- he's just plan running out of material, LOL!

Actually, I always have the impression that over 80% of Bergman's shots are JBJ shots...:rolleyes:

Javier 10-04-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1153952)
I agree he has earnt his place, it is just never in Richies place.

I don't think anyone would or could debate that. As much of a let down he's turned out to be, he'll always be the co-writer of some of my favorite songs, and a huge influence on me picking the guitar and wanting to write songs and making music such an important part of my life. I would bet that a lot of Bon Jovi fans feel the same way....

StoneDeaf 10-04-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1153938)
He's not the new permanent lead guitarist. He's not.

Of course he's not. He's just hired help. A modern day maid. Just like Hugh. And that's how he'll remain.

samboraisgodUK 10-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1153935)
And now Phil is featured alone in official Bon Jovi pictures for sale. Seems pretty clear he is not filling in. He's Bon Jovi's new lead guitarist.

http://www.tourphotographer.com/p/20...city_2598_3_91

God he looks like such a cunt.

ticos_stick 10-04-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1153964)
God he looks like such a cunt.

He's not just any cunt, he's cunt X.

steel_horse75 10-04-2013 01:33 PM

He has done his best. Which is more than Sambora has given the last few months while sniffing knickers.

jovigirloz 10-04-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1153960)
I don't think anyone would or could debate that. As much of a let down he's turned out to be, he'll always be the co-writer of some of my favorite songs, and a huge influence on me picking the guitar and wanting to write songs and making music such an important part of my life. I would bet that a lot of Bon Jovi fans feel the same way....

Absolutely agree with you on that, but there are the fans that really don't care who replaces Richie or even if he comes back as long as it means Jon is on the road and they get to see him. Sad I know, and I really do not consider them fans of the band, more a fan of Jon.