Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Javier 10-05-2013 07:48 AM

one thing that bothers me since Richie left the tour. Why does Phil not play along with Make a Memory?? It seems like he doesn't play anything until the solo and then stops playing again until the outro. It's really unsettling, it makes me want to chew a tough piece of meat and punch something repeatedly lol.....

luceknight 10-05-2013 09:11 AM

"As for the band's celebrated lead guitarist, Richie Sambora, who has not performed with the group since spring (...) "That situation remains unchanged," Bryan says dryly."

Jesus it's like they're all pissed off with Richie and he's persona non grata in bon jovi land...
is it really THAT bad?

It's my faith 10-05-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154013)
"As for the band's celebrated lead guitarist, Richie Sambora, who has not performed with the group since spring (...) "That situation remains unchanged," Bryan says dryly."

Jesus it's like they're all pissed off with Richie and he's persona non grata in bon jovi land...
is it really THAT bad?

Maybe they have agreed to not talk publicly about this.

And yes it is That bad. The band keeps on touring, Mr. Sambora tweets about his awesome guitar contest, his clothes and his solo tour. He is just fine! It is not a health issue, he can do all the above. He does everything but being in the band! So it is a difference with (Jon or not only) Bon Jovi. We can't know what for sure. Maybe the early "band" album, which is mostly Jon. Try some karaoke effects on the songs and you won't hear Richie.

No hope for this tour. Maybe in the break before the next album they will talk and solve it.

Slakk 10-05-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154013)

is it really THAT bad?

How would you feel if Tico was out and the band is on a world tour and is down to 2/5 and the lead guitarist is out Jammin with fabric? If it was just Jon vs Richie I firmly believe Tico and David would have stopped it quickly. Sounds like it is 3 vs 1

Stranger11 10-05-2013 03:24 PM

Another thing that caught my eye in Davidīs Interview was the part about Tico:

"We're waiting for the doctor's release," Bryan says. "It's definitely been a challenging year for him."

Both surgeries happened in September so why is David talking about the whole year? Did Tico have other health problems that were discussed and I just missed it?

jesyjames 10-05-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1154027)
Another thing that caught my eye in Davidīs Interview was the part about Tico:

"We're waiting for the doctor's release," Bryan says. "It's definitely been a challenging year for him."

Both surgeries happened in September so why is David talking about the whole year? Did Tico have other health problems that were discussed and I just missed it?

I'd say it's been a challenging year for the whole band, wouldn't you?

united17 10-05-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesyjames (Post 1154035)
I'd say it's been a challenging year for the whole band, wouldn't you?

Yeah, it's been a long many months on the road, that's what I think he's referring to. They all seem pretty weary, can't believe they're still adding dates.

Bill23 10-06-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakk (Post 1154024)
How would you feel if Tico was out and the band is on a world tour and is down to 2/5 and the lead guitarist is out Jammin with fabric? If it was just Jon vs Richie I firmly believe Tico and David would have stopped it quickly. Sounds like it is 3 vs 1

Alec has been gone for what....20yrs. They are "temporarily" (hopefully) down to 2/4. Soon to be 3/4.

Slakk 10-06-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1154042)
Alec has been gone for what....20yrs. They are "temporarily" (hopefully) down to 2/4. Soon to be 3/4.

This Richie thing has dragged on so long I forgot Alex has been gone 20 years LOL

luceknight 10-06-2013 04:24 AM

each day I'm more convinced Richie's really gone...
I don't know how you guys feel about this but it's really depressing for me to the point I can't listen to many songs anymore...
Yea I know the remain band members have to stick together and yes they are not supposed to talk about this I guess, but...I don't know if the "dryly" thing was the reporter's addition to make it worse or they're still behaving like 5 year olds...
two of them not talking to each other and the friends of one of them behind...screaming "yeah...stay away! we don't want you here!"
...ugh...