Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 10-06-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1154027)
Another thing that caught my eye in Davidīs Interview was the part about Tico:

"We're waiting for the doctor's release," Bryan says. "It's definitely been a challenging year for him."

Both surgeries happened in September so why is David talking about the whole year? Did Tico have other health problems that were discussed and I just missed it?

Tico has had several problems with oxygen on some concerts of the European and American tour, remember that one of the shows ended prematurely because Tico was drowning.

Tico soon be retiring, no sense so long touring with concerts three hours, every 2 years.

They haven't 25 years old.

dianebonjovi 10-06-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154045)
each day I'm more convinced Richie's really gone...
I don't know how you guys feel about this but it's really depressing for me to the point I can't listen to many songs anymore...

Last night I watched the 1996 Yokohama dvd and I kept wondering if the great camaraderie onstage was genuine or an act, and those thoughts spoiled my enjoyment of that great concert.

I am still, probably naively, optimistic that Richie will be back sometime in the future.

MrNickel 10-06-2013 01:52 PM

Could "What About Now" be the last band album, do we think Jon would pursue a new album down a road without Richie and possibly Tico ?

I initially said to myself, no they'd most likely call it a day but concerts are still selling and "What About Now" did reach number 1. It's hard to know.

rolo_tomachi 10-06-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianebonjovi (Post 1154102)
Last night I watched the 1996 Yokohama dvd and I kept wondering if the great camaraderie onstage was genuine or an act, and those thoughts spoiled my enjoyment of that great concert.

I am still, probably naively, optimistic that Richie will be back sometime in the future.

He will return.

Stranger11 10-06-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1154103)
Could "What About Now" be the last band album, do we think Jon would pursue a new album down a road without Richie and possibly Tico ?

I initially said to myself, no they'd most likely call it a day but concerts are still selling and "What About Now" did reach number 1. It's hard to know.

I think Tico would only be absent from future band projects if he would be seriously ill and I really hope thatīs not the case.
Which makes we wonder if it is a good idea for him to to return to the remaining shows especially when you think that for the last shows thereīs heavy travelling necessary. Plus he has the most physical job in the band.

I have no doubt that Jon would continue making records as "Bon Jovi" rather than "Jon Bon Jovi". He couldnīt fill stadiums outside (and inside?) the States as a solo act.

It would really be interesting to know if Jonīs aware that this year in particular pissed off many longtime Bon Jovi fans. Static setlists (altough Iīm sure he doesnīt see it that way), handling Richieīs departure (be a man and just say whatīs going on) and pushing the band into this WAN project that obviously only he wanted to happen - these are things that only Jon decides and that they are also part of the fact - next to Richie being a diva - that this is the worst year in their history.

rolo_tomachi 10-06-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1154108)
I think Tico would only be absent from future band projects if he would be seriously ill and I really hope thatīs not the case.
Which makes we wonder if it is a good idea for him to to return to the remaining shows especially when you think that for the last shows thereīs heavy travelling necessary. Plus he has the most physical job in the band.

I have no doubt that Jon would continue making records as "Bon Jovi" rather than "Jon Bon Jovi". He couldnīt fill stadiums outside (and inside?) the States as a solo act.

It would really be interesting to know if Jonīs aware that this year in particular pissed off many longtime Bon Jovi fans. Static setlists (altough Iīm sure he doesnīt see it that way), handling Richieīs departure (be a man and just say whatīs going on) and pushing the band into this WAN project that obviously only he wanted to happen - these are things that only Jon decides and that they are also part of the fact - next to Richie being a diva - that this is the worst year in their history.

Bon Jovi needs rest, long time. The problem is that Jon is a workaholic.

Not Running and Old Habits are solo songs. JBJ and King of Suburbian fill places in USA.

Jon can make a solo album, and shows in places with audience assured. But he does not take risks, does not want to be smaller than Bon Jovi.

When you finish this tour, there will be a mutual agreement, and they will return to revive the monster together.

About the 30th anniversary celebration, I hope a new Kick-Ass Box-Set of unreleased songs, they owe us.

rocknation 10-06-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1154109)
...The problem is that Jon is a workaholic...But he does not take risks, does not want to be smaller than Bon Jovi...

DING DING DING -- Rolo, you're our grand prize winner!!!

Unlike Dave, who does Broadway shows, Tico, who paints and golfs, and Richie, who jams with fabric, Jon doesn't know how to exist when he's not attracting attention on a stage. Indeed, I think a big part of why his acting career failed is because he could never allow himself to take the artistic "risk" of even appearing to be something "smaller" than a phenomenally successful international rock star.

Bruce Springsteen can grab any nine people, call them "The E Street Band" and stay on the "A" list. But Bon Jovi is the offspring of FOUR people, with Jon PLUS Richie at its core. Jon had better hurry up and come to terms with that, or he's going to find himself begging to do USO tours and county fairs.

rocknation 10-06-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luceknight (Post 1154013)
"As for the band's celebrated lead guitarist, Richie Sambora, who has not performed with the group since spring (...) "That situation remains unchanged," Bryan says dryly."

Found the interview in a Fresno CA newspaper:

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/10/02/...with-high.html

It describes David as being "Julliard-trained." His piano teacher of thirteen years was Julliard trained, and David was accepted by the school. But he never attended it.

JoviJovi 10-06-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

There are just as many fans that lay blame directly and solely on Richie for his departure and the handling of it and think he is the one that should put away the ladies panties and man up

nickolai 10-07-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

It would really be interesting to know if Jonīs aware that this year in particular pissed off many longtime Bon Jovi fans.

Really? Jon's pissed the fans off? DOnt think so. He's kept the tour together despite a VERY challenging and spiraling bunch of circumstances. I think fans would be pissed off if the tour was pulled - with all hotel and travel arrangements having to be cancelled and money lost etc...

Quote:

Static setlists (altough Iīm sure he doesnīt see it that way)

A guitarist in Phil X who has only been covering in Bon Jovi on and off for a couple of years - yeah. Given the circumstances Phil X has done a brilliant job. He's no Richie and has only got about 2% of the Bon Jovi back catalogue under his belt - with very little time to learn more do you blame Jon for playing it safe?

Quote:

pushing the band into this WAN project that obviously only he wanted to happen - these are things that only Jon decides and that they are also part of the fact - next to Richie being a diva - that this is the worst year in their history.

The band have the option to say NO. But they know full well an album + tour=$$$ muchos. Its called earning a living. Richie being a diva? Seriously? More like a ****ing joke. A total moron.