Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

MrNickel 05-23-2013 03:56 AM

Well if the shit hadn't hit the fan before it sure has now. I think this is probably the end of Richie for this tour anyway. This thing will only get fixed if Jon/Richie talk and that won't happen when Jon is on tour.

As long as it doesn't get any worse (we know it will) they might still be able to resolve this. But it doesn't look good.

ezearis 05-23-2013 03:57 AM

Luke Ebbin ‏@Lukeebbin 2h
Please stop asking- I don't know anything!

MrNickel 05-23-2013 04:01 AM

I blame "What About Now", since then everything has went pear shaped. What a load a balls.

MrNickel 05-23-2013 04:04 AM

http://i.imgur.com/pRJfgXW.gif

Jayster 05-23-2013 04:06 AM

Feeling a little guilty that I quite like the thought of a new Richie album with songs about all of this.

Jayster 05-23-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1132465)
I blame "What About Now", since then everything has went pear shaped. What a load a balls.

Yup.

I think Jon rushed it out and he has already said he started the whole thing without the band.

Richie probably just rewrote some of the music of two or three songs after Jon and the outside writers had almost finished. He should have bailed BEFORE recording took place, but left it way too late I think.

Could be that the personal issues is just that he doesn't want to perform what he feels are other peoples songs night after night and he resents Jon squeezing him out of the creative process.

superkid 05-23-2013 04:17 AM

Interesting new piece of info here with the clothing line. As stated above this is looking less and less like a "personal" issue and more of an infighting issue, based on recent comments from Jon and Matt. If Richie and Jon are fighting, it wouldn't be because Richie cares about the clothing line and values it more than a tour. I'd be because he wants a break from music, which in this case would be understandable if they are fighting, and he'd probably go back to solo material or land a gig on the late late show eventually.

Call me delusional, but I still believe there is a small chance that Richie comes back mid tour and the fighting rumors turn out to be false and it's a family issue or whatever. If that isn't the case, the future of Bon Jovi doesn't look good, at least when it comes to filling stadiums.

Sissy3 05-23-2013 04:20 AM

I personally keep coming back to the fact that if Richie had bailed before the tour was underway, it might not have snowballed to the extent it has.
Fans would have been disappointed but at least they would have known the situation ahead of time. Jon might have even postponed the tour. But for this to happen once the tour has started, that's what's curious to me. :-?

TheseDaysEra 05-23-2013 04:23 AM

dunno if this has been posted before: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

ouch.

AmyHarket 05-23-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1132455)
Please read the quotes people! If indeed these are Richie's words, he doesn't say he left the tour TO work on his fashion line. He says, "Jon needs to stop talking about me publicly. I am fine working very hard on my fashion company Nikki Rich and this is a private matter." The "this" is not necessarily the "working hard" on Nikki Rich. To me it sounds more like he’s working on NikkiRich while "this" has him off tour and that “this” is a dispute between him and Jon which Richie would like to keep between the two of them (i.e., a private matter).

I have believed from the beginning that they were at loggerheads and that Jon's comments had just enough truth in them to keep him from being caught in a lie and that Richie's silence was due to a gag order (Jovi confidentiality?) or advice from his attorneys.

I don't believe the reason he hasn't explained anything to the fans is out of any disrespect for them but because he couldn't say anything for legal/financial reasons (negotiations?) or out of respect for the band (meaning ALL the band and their history of keeping dirty laundry to themselves).

The article quoted him as saying that the fans aren't getting what they paid for and he feels bad for them. Isn't that what some of you have been waiting to hear? (Besides when he'll be coming back, of course. And maybe with the current situation, he doesn't KNOW when he'll be back.)

I personally think Jon has been goading him since April 2, beginning with the Calgary stage and the (deliberate, I believe) statement of Jon's, "I'm sorry he's not here for you" (IBTFY, anyone?) and that there was a veiled threat in his comment that, "Sambora's not going to be performing anywhere for a long time."

If emotions can be put aside for a moment, does it really make sense to anyone that someone who's been in the music business for over 30 years and has repeatedly stated how much he appreciates the fans, who's been committed to the same band his entire working career, who is clearly proud of most of the band's work would now suddenly throw a fit and negate all that, not to mention risking his future career (if people begin to see him as unreliable), demolish his fan base, lose upwards of 3 million dollars (if the 100K per show is anywhere in the ballpark), and possibly find himself in breach of contract?? Over a f**king WHIM???

I think Jon is deliberately trying to make it appear that Richie has succumbed to alcohol issues again and is unreliable with his constant reiteration that "we've been through this before" and "he's had issues [like this] before in 2011". And yes, I do think Jon's pissed. But I don't think it's because he's tired of answering the same questions and struggling along with a broken tour. I believe that, for whatever reason, he and Richie had it out and Richie walked - either b/c he couldn't take it anymore or Jon gave him an ultimatum. I don't believe that it was as unpredicted as Jon led the fans to believe - other than he may have thought Richie would cave and come back and the surprise was that he didn't. And THAT's why he didn't need Paul to tell him what the rest of the phone message was. He may have thought, even at that point, that once Richie saw "how well" they were getting along without him that he'd be back with his tail between his legs. But instead, Jon finds himself facing angry fans, demanding refunds and complaining (much to Jon's surprise, I'm sure) that Bon Jovi is NOT Bon Jovi without Richie Sambora even if the CEO is present and accounted for. On top of that his wallet is taking a hit as the tour limps on, giving away tickets almost as fast as they're giving back refunds and still having to pay all those employees to carry on with a tour that the band told him they weren't ready for to begin with.

And STILL Richie's not crawling back. That's gotta sting. And I would imagine that Jon is one person who really hates it when his plans don't work out the way he expects. So hell yeah, he's pissed, and it's beginning to show - not only in his obvious displeasure with the interview questions, but also in the way that he's going against his own confidentiality rules, getting quite close to revealing "secrets we take to the grave."

How about cutting Richie a little slack here? I know you're disappointed and you've lost money. I understand that as well as anyone. I went nearly $2000 in debt, lost a week's vacation, and spent HOURS on a train to go to NJ for the Philly and NYC solo shows only to learn within 2 hours of arriving that they would be the best two shows I never saw. (And before anyone goes off on the cancellations being caused by low ticket sales, I have no way of knowing how many tickets were or were not sold. But I do know that a friend of mine talked with Richie at the Q&A in NYC and she said he was "sick as a dog and croaked like a frog." She also said that his rep told the audience that Richie (who we know is a hugger) had requested "no hugs" because that's how he got sick to begin with and he didn't want to risk infecting anyone else or, I'm sure, risk further sickness himself. While I may not know about the ticket sales, I DO know that it would be difficult, if not impossible, for a lead singer to pull off 2-hr shows with laryngitis, no matter how dedicated he is to his craft or to his fans. Not to mention the possible permanent damage to his vocal chords that could result.)

I didn't mean to get sidetracked but I’ve had it with that argument unless someone here KNOWS beyond pissy speculation that low sales was the ONLY reason Richie cancelled those shows. What I had started to say is that I understand from personal experience how disappointed many of you are. But really, you've criticized the "fan-girls" on twitter for tweeting nothing but supportive comments and blindly following Richie into hell, as it were, but aren't you kind of doing the same thing just in the opposite direction? It appears as if many of you are allowing your disappointment and financial loss to cause you to just as 'blindly' find fault with a man you have apparently respected for years until some unfortunate circumstances messed up your own personal sandboxes.

Has Richie really been all that unreliable over the years or is this something that is being generalized due to the current atmosphere? I remember him missing shows due to rehab during the Circle tour and I vaguely remember him being sent home from tour (?) following the Unplugged fiasco. I also remember other rehab stints, but not any that conflicted with Jovi dates, all of which occurred in the wake of tremendous personal upheaval and losses that could defeat anyone. Simply choosing to perform for the entertainment of others doesn’t make someone immune to that sort of devastation or equip them any better to handle it. So can someone refresh my memory? Over the 30 years that the band has been together how many shows has Richie missed – on short notice or for no reason?

If he has been an unreliable prick all this time, why are you still following him? And if he hasn't been all that unreliable or acted like such a prick then why are you so willing to believe that he suddenly turned into a flake who doesn’t respect his fans, his band, or himself?

For my money, there simply has to be another answer. And some sort of dispute is the only thing that, for me, logically explains them not communicating except through press and tweets, Richie keeping silence while Jon is progressively more vocal, the fact that Richie seems to be happy and healthy and looks more on top of the alcohol than he's been for a long time, but due to some "private matter" is not touring with the band. So I think the "private matter" is between Jon and Richie and that Richie was willing and, in fact, doing his best to keep it that way until Jon got more and more aggressive in his comments.

Did he choose the best time to walk away or to prove a point, if that’s what it is? It wouldn’t appear so; but then we don't know what caused him to walk or what point he's trying to prove. It may be that it was the ONLY time to do it.

The article quoted him as saying that the fans aren't getting what they paid for and he feels bad for them. Isn't that what some of you have been waiting to hear? (Besides when he'll be coming back, of course. And maybe with the current situation, he doesn't KNOW when he'll be back.)

No. He sounds shallow like same as "I love you fans" via twitter. I don't feel that he feels sorry for fans that seriously. I also think that he meant "my fans" as "Richie fans" only, not BON JOVI fans.
If this article is accurate, then it is a proof that he thinks his private matter is way more important than fans including "his fans". It also is a proof that he has no respect for the fans.
He's super-rich because he earned tons of money through BON JOVI fans.
He doesn't treat the fans right at all. Whatever reason he has with Jon, he should be sincerely appreciate the fans at least.
He's acting like a spoiled child.
If he cared for the fans much much more and respected us, then he wouldn't have decided to quit on a show day and in the middle of the tour.
Yes, he has money enough now and can pursue his another venture. There is no need for him to be afraid to try new things in terms of money.
But I don't want him quit the band this way.
I'm still dreaming a happy ending......................

TheseDaysEra 05-23-2013 04:28 AM

sorry, it has. but hey, can't blame a guy for not wanting to read 430 pages. anyways, they're doing what they've never done before and sworn never to do: doing their laundry in public.
I don't mean to sound dramatic, but either they get their shit together or the end is nigh. or is it ? I can see Jon carrying on as Bon Jovi. if this is all sambora's fault, then one can't blame Jon for doing so. He wasn't the one who fired Richie was he ? Allegedly he wasn't.
On the other hand... Bon Jovi without Richie Sambora isn't BON JOVI, the band. period.

MrNickel 05-23-2013 04:33 AM

'My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back.'

That sentence is the one I can't quite understand. Its like he's saying Jon put him off the tour to do it by himself, when we were led to believe it was Richie that bailed.

Slakk 05-23-2013 04:34 AM

The problem is that Richie chose to bail in the middle of the tour. He may have legitimate reasons had they happened at another time. They had contracts and concerts and people relying on them and he NO SHOWED and left everyone else to carry his weight.

If he has the time to work on his fashion line then he can get on a plane and finish his obligations to the band that made him what he is. He is losing any good will he had.

RSROCKS 05-23-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1132478)
'My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back.'

That sentence is the one I can't quite understand. Its like he's saying Jon put him off the tour to do it by himself, when we were led to believe it was Richie that bailed.

If indeed Richie said this, I don't think he means that Jon kicked him off the tour to see if he can do it himself but more Jon is in no hurry to settle the issue and bring him back into the fold because he believe he can do it as a solo act or Richie is replaceable. Thanks to Jon, we at least know he believes the latter. Whatever happened it's clear Jon expected him to show up and he never did even if they had "a row".

JoviJovi 05-23-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1132478)

I think he means Jon is carrying on without him and even adding more dates trying prove Richie is replaceable.the thing is that most of these shows were sold with the band intact. If Richie was gone from the start I think things would be a lot different.

GabrielC 05-23-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132438)
I'm torn here. I want Bon Jovi. As in all of them. But I sure as hell don't want an act either. I guess I just really want the happy ending... you know, when the orchestra plays and Richie comes back to them? F**k. I'm way too emotional and stuff for this shit to be happening.

No, Jessy, this is Real Life.

Tooka 05-23-2013 06:00 AM

Someone's at work, someone isn't. That's the reality. The tour is on, it's still selling well & refunds have been very minimal, band still sounds great. Anyone who knows anything about Jon knows that he will not stop until he proves he is right. That's why these comments, if indeed were made by Richie, don't make sense to me. The way i see it, based on these comments, Richie can't see this thing straight. What did he expect? that the tour would fail and then someone would finally "appreciate" him and beg him to be back? I don't understand. Jon is clearly escalating because he feels he is carrying this tour on his shoulders, and because he feels that it is working... and sadly in my opinion, he doesn't give a flying monkey's butt whether Richie is coming back or not.
Richie needs to get his s*** together before the train leaves the station for good, he's the one at loss here, and of course us!

LeaJovi 05-23-2013 06:07 AM

It's obviously a fallout between Jon and Richie.
Richie wanted X, Jon gave him Y and told him to take it or leave it.
Richie played hardball and said **** it in the middle of the tour.
They call it "personal business".
Time passes, they start letting some passive aggressive lines slip on interviews (like The Edge).

When the tour ends, 2 outcomes:

Richie still wants X so Jon says **** you I can sell out the desert alone and phil X plays better.

Richie takes Y (which is probably Z by now) and he's back with a frowny face.

The 3rd outcome would be hiring Phil and firing Richie for good no matter what he says. But I don't think it's gonna happen.

LeaJovi 05-23-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooka (Post 1132497)
Someone's at work, someone isn't. That's the reality. The tour is on, it's still selling well & refunds have been very minimal, band still sounds great. Anyone who knows anything about Jon knows that he will not stop until he proves he is right. That's why these comments, if indeed were made by Richie, don't make sense to me. The way i see it, based on these comments, Richie can't see this thing straight. What did he expect? that the tour would fail and then someone would finally "appreciate" him and beg him to be back? I don't understand. Jon is clearly escalating because he feels he is carrying this tour on his shoulders, and because he feels that it is working... and sadly in my opinion, he doesn't give a flying monkey's butt whether Richie is coming back or not.
Richie needs to get his s*** together before the train leaves the station for good, he's the one at loss here, and of course us!

Wow I didn't even read this and I practically said the same thing.

DestinationJovi 05-23-2013 06:32 AM

@robfuz: Do me a favor, if you don't like what I have to post or say please don't follow me or like my Facebook page. I did some house cleaning 2day

@robfuz: @blazeofglory2 - I welcomed back a friend who was on vacation for 3 weeks Not Richie -People come on! It was NOTHING, Move on, Get Over it!

Then he shouldn't have 'liked' the comment asking it if he was referring to Richie. He should've said right then this is about a non Bon Jovi related friend retuning from vacation. Why string people along for 12hrs other than just to wind people up. :rolleyes:

DestinationJovi 05-23-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1132139)
Yeah, look at this from Twitter:

@LL1971 21 May
@robfuz welcome back Kotter or should that say welcome back sambora?

@robfuz
@LL1971. Nope. Sorry

He deleted that one.

Crushgen24/88 05-23-2013 07:14 AM

I go out for one night and all the shit hits the fan. Frankly, they're all (Jon, Richie, Matt, etc.) coming off like major assholes at this point.

SadieLady 05-23-2013 07:27 AM

I know that Jon is the founder, lead singer and CEO of Bon Jovi but I am beginning to think the only way this will be resolved is for Dave, Tico, JBJ Management, Promoters and the record company to tell Jon in no uncertain terms to "fix this and fix this now." It is great that Jon wants to carry on but the band is losing fans because of this and Bon Jovi can't afford to lose any what with the already declining music sales and concert sales in their market. If they are going to continue to act as children, maybe Jon and Richie's moms should get involved:D

CKatz 05-23-2013 07:59 AM

This band is done. There is no coming back from this. They have ALL handled this terribly. They are ALL to blame for turning this situation into the mess that it is. The damage is done. Time for everyone to face it.

Wrath Mania 05-23-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1132461)
But they really haven't. His tweets began back in April insisting there is no fight, Richie will be back and he has a right to his privacy. They continued with Richie is like a brother to him so don't mess with his family and he feels Richie will be back sometime this summer. It's only since Jon's gloves have somewhat come off that Matt is turning it around and saying who's the bastard that didn't show up to the gig.

A dispute between Jon and Richie could very well be, but if so, would Jon really be challenging Richie to say something? Because the past few days Jon has clearly backed him into a corner. I just can't see Jon opening that door for Richie to speak about a personal conflict between the two of them. Just doesn't add up for me.

His tweets began insisting there's no fight, but he's been making the dick move of proclaiming "WELL MY BROTHER WASN'T THE ONE WHO SHOWED UP LATE FOR REHEARSAL" several times. Did anyone really buy this lame veneer about Richie being a brother and all that shit?

This whole situation feels like a break-up to me. Whenever you don't get clear explanations for things after THIS long, the shit is stinking in the river.

SuperBrad 05-23-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132517)
This band is done. There is no coming back from this. They have ALL handled this terribly. They are ALL to blame for turning this situation into the mess that it is. The damage is done. Time for everyone to face it.

I think thats the bottom line ... Unfortunatly :(

steel_horse75 05-23-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1132452)
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi now
I'm tired of talking about negative and will only respond to positive. This article smells fishy to me. It looks like BS to me. Going 2 bed

Hannah Sambora ‏@JoviHolic31 2h
@MatthewBongiovi ummmm Matt you might wanna come rescue Jon right about now... Every magazine/website turned him into an ass! #Help :(

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 29m
@JoviHolic31 remember he didn't show up to work. Everyone else did. So who's at fault?

Smells fishy? So that indicates he don't know anything either

steel_horse75 05-23-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

I think Sambora is done.
JBJ isn't letting the fans diwn

steel_horse75 05-23-2013 08:19 AM

Does Sambora really think that people will buy his clothes? I reckon the same amount as people who bought his album..... 6!

CKatz 05-23-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1132522)
I think Sambora is done.
JBJ isn't letting the fans diwn

Jon will continue as a solo act, but as a band they're done. Jon is just as guilty of letting fans down as Richie is. Jon could be the bigger person and reach out to Richie for the sake of the band. He isn't. And he could refuse to answer questions about Richie. He isn't, instead he is stirring the pot. He is acting just as childish and stubborn as Richie. Feuds are a two-way street. They are both to blame for this.

SuperBrad 05-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1132523)
Does Sambora really think that people will buy his clothes? I reckon the same amount as people who bought his album..... 6!

I dont think he really gives a **** who buys his clothes or his album ... He has made his millions and prob just wants to relax and be his own boss

The Rock 05-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately, I think that's the case too. Who knows what the future holds but as of this tour, I think its over. Even if Richie DID come back, the feel is gone. To have them hold their guitars up in the air after Wanted? After all that has happened? It won't be the same. Maybe after a break from the band, solo records, who knows what might happen but they are getting older and as of now, this tour will continue until its finished but without Sambora.

The Rock 05-23-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1132504)
@robfuz: Do me a favor, if you don't like what I have to post or say please don't follow me or like my Facebook page. I did some house cleaning 2day

@robfuz: @blazeofglory2 - I welcomed back a friend who was on vacation for 3 weeks Not Richie -People come on! It was NOTHING, Move on, Get Over it!

Then he shouldn't have 'liked' the comment asking it if he was referring to Richie. He should've said right then this is about a non Bon Jovi related friend retuning from vacation. Why string people along for 12hrs other than just to wind people up. :rolleyes:

The guy ****ed up and he knows he did and so its the old, if you don't like what I say, I'm going to clean my list routine. As soon as someone mentioned Richie, he should have said, no nothing to do with him. If he hadn't checked his page, that's different but the guy liked the comment and even quoted the words to the stupid theme. He knew and wanted to see how far, it would go.

The Rock 05-23-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1132511)
I know that Jon is the founder, lead singer and CEO of Bon Jovi but I am beginning to think the only way this will be resolved is for Dave, Tico, JBJ Management, Promoters and the record company to tell Jon in no uncertain terms to "fix this and fix this now."

I see your point completely and agree but just maybe they don't see Jon in the wrong. Maybe, everyone made a commitment to the band, to the tour and think that Richie has ****ed up with what he did. Last time the guys (David, Tico) were behind Jon and again, they are with him still touring.

Chris_Newton 05-23-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132524)
Jon will continue as a solo act, but as a band they're done. Jon is just as guilty of letting fans down as Richie is. Jon could be the bigger person and reach out to Richie for the sake of the band. He isn't. And he could refuse to answer questions about Richie. He isn't, instead he is stirring the pot. He is acting just as childish and stubborn as Richie. Feuds are a two-way street. They are both to blame for this.

So Jon cant win then?

If he refuses to answer questions about Richie then he is at fault, if he answers questions about Richie then he is also at fault?

I dont get the quote from Richie (if its true) about Jon wanting to see if he can fill stadiums alone, this stinks on 2 levels.

Firstly if he did say this then he is undermining Tico and David's role in the band and saying its just him and Jon.

Secondly it was Richie that did not show up, so if Jon is trying to see if they can do it without him then its only because Richie left him no choice.

Some how i can see this article being real.........

SadieLady 05-23-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1132530)
I see your point completely and agree but just maybe they don't see Jon in the wrong. Maybe, everyone made a commitment to the band, to the tour and think that Richie has ****ed up with what he did. Last time the guys (David, Tico) were behind Jon and again, they are with him still touring.

I don't think it matters at this point if they think Jon is right...the problem is that they have lost some fans over this and it can start snowballing in that direction real quick. They have three big festivals coming up and comments indicate that ticket sales aren't strong. All it will take is one big fiasco of a low turnout that can't be covered up and the wheels are off the tour. They still haven't announced the expected fall leg of the North American tour--are those dates contracted with promoters or are the promoters holding off? I am sure that someone within the Bon Jovi organization monitor sites like these for public opinion--it stopped being fun and games 100 pages ago and now posters are increasingly mad and frustrated. I was willing to go to one concert without Richie (I had no choice) but I definitely wouldn't bother to go to another. Bad press might also generate more requests for refunds.

steel_horse75 05-23-2013 09:17 AM

With so much bullshit about and now this article now is the time for Richie to speak.
But he wont. If he wanted out then he should have quit before the tour.
At the moment Richie is ****ing with us and taking the piss.

I cant see how JBJ gets any flack here? He has said everything he can and he has played the shows with more energy than before.

Its up to Richie now.

Also did anyone else notice a line in the Mail where Richie says "Jon wants to see if he can fill the stadiums on his own"

Maybe Richie is gutted that he can fill stadiums as Bon Jovi but not as Richie Sambora. He couldnt even fill out my front room as a solo artist.

Whatever the issue he needs to speak and until he does he is a total wank stain.

rainsong 05-23-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132524)

How is jon guilty in this?? Up until the afternoon of the Calgary show, everyone in the band, including Richie himself by his own tweet expected Richie to be on stage in Calgary.
For the 10 days prior to Calgary, both Richie and Jon were on vacations with their families, so they hadn't been together so when did they have a fight???

Jon is a planner, and if he thought for one second on the prior leg of the tour that Richie was having drinking or drug issues, or if there was a simmering dispute going on between them, then when that plane left NJ the night before Calgary Phil would have already been on it, not scrambling to get to Calgary on show night.

Jon tried the refusal thing in the beginning of all this with the "it's a personal matter" and yet everyone kept asking him and asking him. The man can't win. If he says nothing he's an arrogant asshole, and if he tries to say hey he didn't come you have to ask him he's a dick not respecting Richies privacy.

BonJovi100 05-23-2013 09:30 AM

If Personal Issues/Matters means that Richie needs time to work with Nikki Laud for their project.. that Richie can kiss my ass.

I know that he has money, sun in LA, fans which always will tell him that he is hero so he CAN say hm today I wanna sleep more so I won't go to show with band but he can do because people like me pay for his CD, concerts, dvds ecc.

And now he show me "f**k you"? Now? On tour? "I don't love you like I loved you yesterday mr.Sambora!".. It just not fair.

Beaky 05-23-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1132534)
With so much bullshit about and now this article now is the time for Richie to speak.
But he wont. If he wanted out then he should have quit before the tour.
At the moment Richie is ****ing with us and taking the piss.

I cant see how JBJ gets any flack here? He has said everything he can and he has played the shows with more energy than before.

Its up to Richie now.

Also did anyone else notice a line in the Mail where Richie says "Jon wants to see if he can fill the stadiums on his own"

Maybe Richie is gutted that he can fill stadiums as Bon Jovi but not as Richie Sambora. He couldnt even fill out my front room as a solo artist.

Whatever the issue he needs to speak and until he does he is a total wank stain.

I don't think he did want to quite before the tour. I think he went on tour and he didn't like what he found. I've explained what I think this is about and that still stands.

I hope they ALL f*ck off for five years and then get back together and do something decent for a change. The best thing about Bon Jovi right now, including the album, the shows, the band... is a stage. A big car.

That speaks volumes.