Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Crushgen24/88 04-09-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1121103)
Could be way off on this but was that comment not around critical acclaim rather than popularity?

The quote was that he's the Tom Cruise of the music business and the Elvis Costello of the movie business. Meaning he's done extremely popular music that doesn't get critical acclaim (think Top Gun) and done movies that are critically acclaimed but made no money. It's a good line, but kind of fall apart when you one realizes that Tom Cruise does get critical respect, and that Elvis Costello is pretty well known.

crashed 04-09-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLady (Post 1121222)
I thought amongst all the "never give ups" there was a "never let up." :rolleyes:

Jon came up with that variation :) See, he's a lyrical genius.

danfan 04-09-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1121221)
It was kinda hard to tell, given your recent and pretty hefty mood swings (regarding the band).

Yeah, um, I'm not into beating up on women.

Hey, maybe that's what happened to Richie. He beat up a chic. Let's start that rumor!

LeaJovi 04-09-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1121061)
No, he doesn't belong here because he doesn't get sarcasm and can't have fun on this thread.

Finally someone understands what I meant. Jeez, some people take things said in this thread pretty seriously.. :)

Wow sorry this is so late into the thread :(

Hey new poster come back! Now I feel bad about it

SadieLady 04-09-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1121132)
...I can attest having really, really good friends that have tech'd and roadie'd for the band over the last 15 years+ that Jon is not a bad guy to work for by any stretch (and yes, sure they get paid well but most of the high skilled roadies have tours to choose from and MOST request to be back on Bon Jovi). He can have his bad days where he's grumpy and demanding but he's also kind and appreciates those that work for him. I know I want to kill my boss most days, so those that work for Jon/band are no different.

Professionally I'd rather work for a boss who demands excellence and who works as harder (or harder) than myself vs a boss who won't step up and be a boss, who wants to be liked by everyone, or who delegates all the work while s/he schmoozes with friends and family. Also, if I was about to give a presentation to thousands of people, I'd want everything to work perfectly and I'd want all my co-presenters to be on their marks and I'd want all my behind-the-scenes staff to be 100% supportive of what I was trying to do.

Kathleen 04-09-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1121230)
Finally someone understands what I meant. Jeez, some people take things said in this thread pretty seriously.. :)

Wow sorry this is so late into the thread :(

Hey new poster come back! Now I feel bad about it

I got what you meant - I just didn't have time to jump into the deep end of this thread LOL. I guess if you are new here your comment would have sounded harsh - but I didn't read it that way. Probably been hanging around here too long LOL.

Lisa71 04-09-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1121209)
On our Radio Station they said this morning that Jon officially confirmed that he has fired Richie. I asked the Radio Station for the source, the answer was that he is for now only fired for the US leg and that it's not sure what comes after this.

Yeah sure, someone get fired for three weeks and hired again.

A source still isn't said and the Radio host doesn't answer anymore.

Someone asked Matt.

@TanjaHaase
So...a few minutes ago they 'confirmed' again,that Richie will NOT be attending any show in germany. @MatthewBongiovi pls,an Info about

Matthew Bongiovi
@TanjaHaase not true

Lisa71 04-09-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1121217)
Are you incapable of understanding sarcasm?

The old it's just sarcasm excuse. Used everytime, a statement backfires.

danfan 04-09-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1121240)
The old it's just sarcasm excuse. Used everytime, a statement backfires.

Well, I could be rude and ask "Are you really that stupid?"

Tooka 04-09-2013 09:31 PM

I wonder... will we ever see a moment like this again? :(