Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Captain_jovi 10-31-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1155648)
I did a backstage tour recently and the guide told us that Richie offered Phil the use of his guitars for the tour. Phil declined because he wanted to use his and knowing that Richies guitars are worth a fortune, he didn't want to be responsible for them. That doesn't seem like a gesture of someone with animosity towards the band for sure.

That's a nice move on Richie's part, thanks for sharing that. I agree, it sounds like he left on his own terms and wasn't forced out.

Stranger11 10-31-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1155647)
"The band wanted to do things, I just didn't want to do anymore."

Now we could speculate what he meant.

Touring?
The Sound of the band?
More solos for Bobby?

wichi850262 10-31-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1155650)
Now we could speculate what he meant.

Touring?
The Sound of the band?
More solos for Bobby?

....or close the thread ;) Glad for Richie that he can now do what he wants. I can imagine he wasn't feeling the creativity anymore in the band. Now he can get on with doing session guitar and writing another album. That's what I'm looking forward to. As for buying anymore BJ records, I think on that score I'm out now.

JoviJovi 10-31-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wichi850262 (Post 1155651)
....or close the thread ;) Glad for Richie that he can now do what he wants. I can imagine he wasn't feeling the creativity anymore in the band. Now he can get on with doing session guitar and writing another album. That's what I'm looking forward to. As for buying anymore BJ records, I think on that score I'm out now.

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about future Richie projects....I haven't bought the last 2 Bon jovi albums.

Bounce7800 10-31-2013 05:32 PM

At least its finally good to have some sort of comment from the horses mouth.

Although it still doesn't make sense with the timing, with him pulling out just a few hours before the show. The dates were well known to him, the tickets were all on sale to us, so this would have been totally acceptable before the tour started as has been said a number of times before.

Still its disappointing- fair enough you don't want to tour, but don't let your fans spend their hard earned money at a tough time on tickets to see the band and then flounce off to do your own thing. A bit of honesty from all sides at the start of this sorry mess would have prevented a lot of this mess.

Be interested to see what happens at the end of the tour and what the plan is going forward for both parties.

SuperBrad 10-31-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1155620)
Finally some closure. That's all I needed to know to move on.

And that is that .

JerseyGiant 10-31-2013 07:13 PM

Finally a bit of info, Bon Jovi will continue and Richie will never be "officially" replaced, just like Alec, but for me if that's the case I'm done :)

Captain_jovi 10-31-2013 07:18 PM

Well that part was never actually confirmed.

alois 10-31-2013 08:17 PM

thanks to fedebrown for the link:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_0rwbfdzi
Richie's interview at 26

joloriquelme 10-31-2013 09:24 PM

We will see in the future, three o four years from now, Jon and Richie holding again their guitars in Wanted Dead Or Alive for sure. Don't worry. They will be next to their 60s, and they will notice that life is too short and they came from a 35 years relationship that it's unbreakable.

I'm glad that Richie is living his own life, not someone's else. He deserves it.

Jon Bon Jovi make a miskate calling a new album and caused this crash. Anyway, Richie's fault was attend it and jumped off the ship in the middle, and it's questionable for the fans who brought tickets.

See you at the next Bon Jovi "reunion", new album and new Tour.

Cheers.