Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This House Is Not For Sale (2016) - Post Album Release Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69728)

rolo_tomachi 10-26-2016 08:47 PM

Hey, where this Touch of Grey?

Bleeding Purist 10-26-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1211805)
Swap Teardrop with Come On Up To Our House and it would be the perfect album...

It's nice to finally see a majority of this board enjoying this album... Be weary of the Trolls who are waiting to strike so they could drag everyone down from this high... I know who the players are and I'll pick them off one by one as they try to ruin everyone's positive experience...

Please don't. You aren't picking trolls off, you become a troll when you engage. Absolutely no one enjoys reading insane back and forth shout-downs in any thread that goes on and on. Members stop bothering to read or visit as every post gets shot to hell over it. If you value this board, you will not shout down others opinions. There are absolutely going to be folks that trash this album. You only give them power when you try to "pick them off."

When someone attempts to repeatedly shove their opinion down everyone's throat as fact, the only good and intelligent action is to ignore them. That goes for anyone who attempts to monopolize the board by posting and arguing incessantly in any direction .

Thierry 10-26-2016 09:04 PM

Goddammit... best track is a bonus track once again.. I Will Drive You Home. Goodbye New York makes me craving for New York once again.

rolo_tomachi 10-26-2016 09:10 PM

Still I can not judge the whole thing. I need to hear it quietly with my headphones, so I will not judge the thing yet.

I guess tomorrow we will have a music video, right?

Kathleen 10-26-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1211814)
Goddammit... best track is a bonus track once again.. I Will Drive You Home. Goodbye New York makes me craving for New York once again.

I love both of these - but I also love Living With the Ghost.

Kathleen 10-26-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1211766)
While I agree that the mix should be better, some of it might also be due to the rip being compressed to wma format. I've had similar issues in the past myself with other albums. Let's wait for the full release. That being said - many songs don't sound as overproduced as I had feared when I had listened to BAT and Knockout.

My problem with the mix is that the "wall of sound" overpowers Jon's voice on too many songs. He doesn't sound like he used to - but he still sounds good in his range and I want to hear HIM - not the background.

Rdkopper 10-26-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

I Will Drive You Home is excellent... Goodbye New York is great... It's like the difference between Always and Saturday Night.... I'd take both over Come On Up To Our House... Too Soul Kitchen like for me... Even though it's not political, it still falls under that umbrella 'Power Of We' Shit...

jon-flp 10-26-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1211815)
Still I can not judge the whole thing. I need to hear it quietly with my headphones, so I will not judge the thing yet.

I guess tomorrow we will have a music video, right?

Labor of Love music video will be out tomorrow on TIDAL, according to Bon Jovi's Facebook page.

There's a preview there too. It's the same actor that made Knockout, I guess.
Judging by this, apparently, the band doesn't appear in the video.

EDIT: I think the woman that appear in the video is the same of the Because We can music video.

symbeline 10-26-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

It's only a bonus track in the sense of very low chances of being played live. Since I guess most of us got the 17/18 track deluxe version, it's another song on the album. Just like All I Want is Everything and Bitter Wine on TD, it fits thematically and makes an excellent album even better

I love it too. I get the DA/lates demo vibe, but there's also that special atmosphere most Bounce demos had

steel_horse75 10-26-2016 09:42 PM

Bon jovi facebook page is showing a few seconds of labor of love video. If you think the song sounds a bit like wicked game then watch the vid. The girl has a lovely body!!