Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovi76 12-04-2013 03:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kur5r...%3Dkur5rHZZ5L4

New Richie album

Jayster 12-04-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi76 (Post 1157133)

"And I think that this band needs it, actually"

You're damn right it does.

That has been the general consensus on here for 10 years. Every album after Crush has felt rushed and the quality kept going downhill. If Richie says no more studio work for the foreseeable then hopefully Jon will decide the time is right for a solo album - maybe a mini tour at smaller venues than normal and then in a few years the band can get together and write a proper rock album.

He missed his daughter and he's grown tired of the bands music. That's why he left the tour. Bad timing definitely - but something like this had to happen.

Wrath Mania 12-04-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1157134)
"And I think that this band needs it, actually"

You're damn right it does.

That has been the general consensus on here for 10 years. Every album after Crush has felt rushed and the quality kept going downhill. If Richie says no more studio work for the foreseeable then hopefully Jon will decide the time is right for a solo album - maybe a mini tour at smaller venues than normal and then in a few years the band can get together and write a proper rock album.

He missed his daughter and he's grown tired of the bands music. That's why he left the tour. Bad timing definitely - but something like this had to happen.

Yep, he's a hero and has been held back by Jon this whole time. No doubt about it. Fortunately, Richie knew to stay drunk and abdicate his duties mid-tour to JAM WITH THE GOD DAMN FABRIC, because this would save Bon Jovi. What. A. Hero.

Beaky 12-04-2013 11:34 AM

I don't get the whole 'show me a video between this year and this year' stuff, personally...

Richie has been a heavy drinker and reported drug user his entire adult life from what I've read online... I cannot count the amount of f**k's I don't give about his sobriety other than the fact it's a waste of time and talent putting that sh*t into your body.

Feels a little like some are starting to revel in it and be a bit smug about it. 'Let's see if we can catch the twatty fabric jammer snorting a line.' It's all a bit tabloid for me.

Before anyone says 'but drink and drugs were the reason he split,' I don't agree. As I said, RS has been a long-time drinker and if you believe that lovely Ally Sheedy story everyone loves to bring up over and over, then he's a habitual drug user also. So Jon is surely used to it and if it had been based around a serious doubt that Sambora was so wasted, he wouldn't be able to continue, then surely Jon would have made it public to draw attention to his friend's health rather than go through all this, possibly pushing Richie further into depression, drink and drugs.

Not for me. This was about RS's new found love for himself and lack of enthusiasm for the band and it's direction. Somebody buy him some Lipsyl and let's move on.

semigoodlookin 12-04-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1157145)
I don't get the whole 'show me a video between this year and this year' stuff, personally...

Richie has been a heavy drinker and reported drug user his entire adult life from what I've read online... I cannot count the amount of f**k's I don't give about his sobriety other than the fact it's a waste of time and talent putting that sh*t into your body.

Feels a little like some are starting to revel in it and be a bit smug about it. 'Let's see if we can catch the twatty fabric jammer snorting a line.' It's all a bit tabloid for me.

Before anyone says 'but drink and drugs were the reason he split,' I don't agree. As I said, RS has been a long-time drinker and if you believe that lovely Ally Sheedy story everyone loves to bring up over and over, then he's a habitual drug user also. So Jon is surely used to it and if it had been based around a serious doubt that Sambora was so wasted, he wouldn't be able to continue, then surely Jon would have made it public to draw attention to his friend's health rather than go through all this, possibly pushing Richie further into depression, drink and drugs.

Not for me. This was about RS's new found love for himself and lack of enthusiasm for the band and it's direction. Somebody buy him some Lipsyl and let's move on.

I agree, why are we even talking about licking lips is beyond me. However, as you said he has been wasted his entire adult life, which would mean he is wasted now, which would in turn mean those saying he is wasted now are also right, no?

Beaky 12-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1157148)
I agree, why are we even talking about licking lips is beyond me. However, as you said he has been wasted his entire adult life, which would mean he is wasted now, which would in turn mean those saying he is wasted now are also right, no?

Oh completely... I wasn't arguing that point but it just strikes me that there's a touch of Schadenfreude involved with some and it's got little to do with whether he's back with Bon Jovi or not... Much like the people who are all over Jon for every little thing... who cares?

rolo_tomachi 12-04-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

WOW
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...42/944/8c5.gif

Sissy3 12-04-2013 02:24 PM

Is anyone ever going to seriously ask Richie the question, why didn't he come to this epiphany of leaving before the tour? That's what I keep coming back to.

JerseyGiant 12-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Wow a bit of brutal honesty for a change, well I think he's right

golittleperson 12-04-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGiant (Post 1157155)
Wow a bit of brutal honesty for a change, well I think he's right

This is the best snippet of an interview since April. No, I'm not - and I Don't know - how simple is that. No tripping up trying to give an answer you think people want, or open mouth and insert foot, poor PR advisor BS.

I only hope he is not influenced by his new "circle" for lack of a better word and his seeming gush for new talent if that's what you call it - he needs to remember what brought him to the dance. Bluesy, Rock, bend a note and have at it. If Richie could kick out a great album - that would be the best damage control he can do. But I know, IF is the biggest word in the dictionary. ;)