Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 12-12-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1157714)
Yes, the pendant itself is in the shape of the superman logo, OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes: but anyone who knows the significance of receiving one knows it's simply referred to as the SWW pendant.

And they're not double S's, they're skid marks. Modeled after the Slippery When Wet road sign. ;)

I guess they're not as rare and special as they once were. You too can own an authentic SWW diamond pendant given by Jon to a record producer.

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-b...l?itemid=63167

I know what they are pal, I was describing it in detail as it seemed you didn't have a clue what Phil was on about ;)

Phil described it accurately, because not everyone who follows him is a Bon Jovi fan... his Twitter account isn't just for us, you know...

Lampinen 12-12-2013 10:29 AM

For now, Sambora is content just to play music and hinted that there is more on the way -- two albums' worth, but it won't be coming out via his Aftermath of the Lowdown label, Dangerbird."

“They blew me off the second week of my album," he says. "I put that single out and then the president [Jeff Castelaz] left and went to work for Elektra,” he says. “I want to get together with people that I like, who I have relationships with, and try to build a brand. Go out and gig on my own and make a living."

Sounds like Bon Jovi isn't on the top of his list.

Bounce7800 12-12-2013 11:47 AM

That's the sort of interview we should have had from the get-go. It's still not the reason for bailing with a few hours notice, but you couldn't criticise him if this was said pre-tour.

Interesting about the Dangerbird dropping Aftermath after the 2nd week- what exactly were they expecting of him- Bon Jovi sales levels? His solo albums will mostly guarantee to slip in at the bottom of the top 40 and has enough fanbase in Europe for a theatre tour- should have been plenty good enough for them. He's managed that on his last solo tours over here, if the record company were any good they would have built on that. It probably explains him being pissed off around the time Jon came knocking for WAN, its just a shame he took it out on Bon Jovi and the bands fans.

It still doesn't seem too promising for a comeback "If they ask I'll think about it" is hardly the best response when "For sure if the timings right" would have suited better, it still almost seems like there is a hint of that he wants his ego massaged and having Jon beg him to come back because I am Richie ****ing Sambora.

I'm under no illusions that this is the total truth as the timings of his departure do not bear this out, but at least its finally good to have some of the truth out from his side, just a shame he had to have the childish gossip rag headlines causing the circus we had for a few months.

rolo_tomachi 12-12-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1157747)

Thanks baby.;)

I think Richie will meet for next album Bon Jovi, but this will not happen until 2016.

2014 will definitely be a sabbatical year for the band, and in 2015, Jon could have a solo album or just engage in movies or something related to the football business.

Richie would have a margin of two years to do what he wants. Any thoughts Richie at first, he love the band, and will meet with her in the future. But all is not perfect in Joviland, Jon was happy, but Richie was not, they must agree to be happy. Both have abused their ego and arrogance.

Sissy3 12-12-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1157762)

It still doesn't seem too promising for a comeback "If they ask I'll think about it" is hardly the best response when "For sure if the timings right" would have suited better, it still almost seems like there is a hint of that he wants his ego massaged and having Jon beg him to come back because I am Richie ****ing Sambora.

This is what jumped out at me, he'll decide if he returns to the band or not. I daresay Jon has the deciding vote on that situation. I guess Richie still needs to feel he's the one holding the winning cards. And Rolo, in about 2 years Ava will be heading to college and he'll need to be around for that, don't ya know. :rolleyes:

DevilsSon 12-12-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1157795)
And Rolo, in about 2 years Ava will be heading to college and he'll need to be around for that, don't ya know. :rolleyes:

I don't get why people are so sarcastic about this. I work with executives and sometimes do work that has implications of £millions if not more. Yet yesterday, a f*ckin CEO of a FTSE250 company bailed out on the final meeting because his PA didn't realise his daughter had a carol concert at school and never put it in his diary!!! We're talking here the company's strategy for the next 5 years and he doesn't show up because his daughter sings in the school choir. Priorities! People have them. And while Jon Bon Bon's daughter is overdosing on heroin, maybe Richie just about realised he doesn't want that to ever happen to Ava so he should be there for her. Perfectly plausible and combined with everything else that was going on and the sub-human standards of the latest Bon Jovi materials - he bailed.

Yes - Richie's PR, his tweets, etc...that was rubbish. But criticising him for wanting to spend more time with Ava is just ridiculous.

Sissy3 12-12-2013 03:18 PM

I criticize him for always using her as his #1 excuse for bailing, not for wanting to spend time with her. Give me (and others who don't continually jump to his defense) an 'effin break. My point was, leaving for college is a big deal so I don't think he'd be wanting to go on a tour at that time, either. And again, bringing up Jon's daughter which has nothing to do with this. Unfortunately, parents can't be with their kids 24/7 to monitor what they are doing and that includes Richie.

DevilsSon 12-12-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1157808)
And again, bringing up Jon's daughter which has nothing to do with this. Unfortunately, parents can't be with their kids 24/7 to monitor what they are doing and that includes Richie.

Really? Seeing the daughter of your best friend almost die from a heroin overdose would not make you question the relationship with your own daughter who, incidentally, is of a similar age, and, incidentally, lives in an environment that is a lot more prone to that kind of behaviour? I am sure it would make me ask some questions and think harder what type of dad I've been and I want to be.
Weren't the two events very close to each other in terms of dates? There is NO WAY in the world Richie wasn't affected by that but that's just an assumption I am making.

As to everything else - I have no idea what Richie has used or not used as an 'excuse' or whatever. When I still followed it - he didn't say anything at all actually. He brought Ava up a lot later and if I were asked a million times a day - I'd answer a million times. The fact then you then read it a million times and decide he uses it as 'number 1 excuse' - that's nothing but your interpretation of it. Fair enough, you might want to criticise it. Maybe he should just keep it to himself. Yet I see no reason to doubt that this is one if not THE reason why he called it quits.

But yes, Sissy3 - since the only thread you seem to post in is this, I do accept that you are probably a hell lot more knowledgeable, have followed Richie's life a lot more attentively, and are right in terms of judging a man who, incidentally, is responsible for the sound and some of the best songs Bon Jovi have ever written.

Captain_jovi 12-12-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1157762)
Interesting about the Dangerbird dropping Aftermath after the 2nd week- what exactly were they expecting of him- Bon Jovi sales levels? His solo albums will mostly guarantee to slip in at the bottom of the top 40 and has enough fanbase in Europe for a theatre tour- should have been plenty good enough for them. He's managed that on his last solo tours over here, if the record company were any good they would have built on that. It probably explains him being pissed off around the time Jon came knocking for WAN, its just a shame he took it out on Bon Jovi and the bands fans.

I was curious about that quote. It didn't sound like he was dropped. To me, it sounded like the big champion he had at the label quit his job and no one there knew what to do with him or why he was there.

Stranger11 12-12-2013 05:27 PM

My gut feeling for a few weeks, after reading & seeing various interviews, is that there may have been a special situation with Ava that Richie felt he needed to take care of.
A boyfriend with a bad influence, school problems or whatever troubles a 16 year old can get into - paired with a mother who´s also not always on top of her game could have led to that decision.

Just because he had that "I needed to chill with my kid"-attitude going on, doesn´t mean that there wasn´t more into it. Which of course doesn´t excuse how he handled the whole situation.