Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Bill23 12-12-2013 06:01 PM

So how long til the "Reunited" world tour? 2014 or 2015?

rolo_tomachi 12-12-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1157823)
So how long til the "Reunited" world tour? 2014 or 2015?

2016 would be a good date. Jon has to give the guys (above all David & Tico) a welcome respite.

2014 is too soon to record a new album, unless planning a 30th anniversary box set or something, to mix and record some tracks.

2015 could be a year interesting to start co-writing and composing songs ... but the album should be recorded and release in 2016.

Captain_jovi 12-12-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1157826)
2016 would be a good date. Jon has to give the guys (above all David & Tico) a welcome respite.

2014 is too soon to record a new album, unless planning a 30th anniversary box set or something, to mix and record some tracks.

2015 could be a year interesting to start co-writing and composing songs ... but the album should be recorded and release in 2016.

Agreed. Man it sucks What About Now happened the way it did. If they waited an extra year and came back and did a 30 year blow out it'd of been pretty sweet.

rolo_tomachi 12-12-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1157827)
Agreed. Man it sucks What About Now happened the way it did. If they waited an extra year and came back and did a 30 year blow out it'd of been pretty sweet.

Right. They could have taken this year off, and back in 2014 with any song worthwhile, as they did in 2000 with Its my life.

But Jon is a smart businessman, and knew that 2013 have not big bands on the road. therefore, this was the best times to book shows in your calendar for a new tour ... so would get a new number 1 album / tour.

The tour started out before the album release, a rarity in Bon Jovi. All to get a sufficient number of shows to mark the best tour of year. That's one theory.

Kathleen 12-12-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1157797)
I don't get why people are so sarcastic about this. I work with executives and sometimes do work that has implications of £millions if not more. Yet yesterday, a f*ckin CEO of a FTSE250 company bailed out on the final meeting because his PA didn't realise his daughter had a carol concert at school and never put it in his diary!!! We're talking here the company's strategy for the next 5 years and he doesn't show up because his daughter sings in the school choir. Priorities! People have them. And while Jon Bon Bon's daughter is overdosing on heroin, maybe Richie just about realised he doesn't want that to ever happen to Ava so he should be there for her. Perfectly plausible and combined with everything else that was going on and the sub-human standards of the latest Bon Jovi materials - he bailed.

Yes - Richie's PR, his tweets, etc...that was rubbish. But criticising him for wanting to spend more time with Ava is just ridiculous.

This is exactly what I would say. I have turned down all sorts of positions as an engineer because I had 3 kids and they were my top priority at the time (still are actually). And I have said from the beginning that if Richie were honest and just said "man I got sober and I needed some time to myself - and also I need some time with my daughter" that would satisfy me. I still don't think he should have bailed in the middle of a tour but I understand those reasons.

Sissy3 12-12-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1157820)
Really? Seeing the daughter of your best friend almost die from a heroin overdose would not make you question the relationship with your own daughter who, incidentally, is of a similar age, and, incidentally, lives in an environment that is a lot more prone to that kind of behaviour? I am sure it would make me ask some questions and think harder what type of dad I've been and I want to be.
Weren't the two events very close to each other in terms of dates? There is NO WAY in the world Richie wasn't affected by that but that's just an assumption I am making.

As to everything else - I have no idea what Richie has used or not used as an 'excuse' or whatever. When I still followed it - he didn't say anything at all actually. He brought Ava up a lot later and if I were asked a million times a day - I'd answer a million times. The fact then you then read it a million times and decide he uses it as 'number 1 excuse' - that's nothing but your interpretation of it. Fair enough, you might want to criticise it. Maybe he should just keep it to himself. Yet I see no reason to doubt that this is one if not THE reason why he called it quits.

But yes, Sissy3 - since the only thread you seem to post in is this, I do accept that you are probably a hell lot more knowledgeable, have followed Richie's life a lot more attentively, and are right in terms of judging a man who, incidentally, is responsible for the sound and some of the best songs Bon Jovi have ever written.

Don't work yourself up over it. Yeah,I have my opinion just like you and everyone else has their own opinion. And you are correct, this is the main thread I read along with the ones on the tour. I haven't attended those shows so I can't post an opinion on them. And you are so wrong on my vast knowledge of Richie as I only know about his tweets and interviews when I see them posted on here, I don't go searching for them. Then I form an opinion, sometimes post that opinion, and then apparently piss people off. Certainly not my intention. But, c'est la vie :) The world will continue to turn regardless what either of us think.

Passionflower 12-12-2013 10:09 PM

Here's Richie and Stevie Wonder singing "Silent Night"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2-ohfSb1F8#t=112

Richie singing "Lean on Me"

Jayster 12-12-2013 11:59 PM

It's the nipples.

Javier 12-13-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1157845)
FFS how can a talented man get sucked up with this fake.. :mad: flattery maybe & he fell for it the dumbass.

For all we know he may be getting just as much out of it as she is. The only difference is, I don't know how much goes into the fashion thing and how many fans and association Richie's gotten out of it, but he wants into her world just as much as she wants into his....

Captain_jovi 12-13-2013 05:13 AM

I really think he was just biding his time until the tour ended before the truth came out and he was ready to talk about his solo stuff. Him and his camp knows it's a shmuck move to talk about his solo career and plan shows and albums when he's supposed to be on a personal sabbatical.