Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DestinationJovi 12-13-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1157864)
I really think he was just biding his time until the tour ended before the truth came out and he was ready to talk about his solo stuff. Him and his camp knows it's a shmuck move to talk about his solo career and plan shows and albums when he's supposed to be on a personal sabbatical.

Well it was a shmuck move to give people false hopes that he'd be back with the band in Europe (Obie was even confirmed that one)...which turned into the summer American shows...which turned into September...which ended up as none of the above. If it was really about staying home with his kid/start working on a new solo album, why tell various media sources he would be rejoing the tour at some point?

I still think there's more to it than what he's claiming, but he's accepting full responsibility for walking out so I guess we just have to accept that as his reason and move on. He makes it pretty clear in that interview that he want to follow a different path but I'm hoping after some time away he finds his way back.

Captain_jovi 12-13-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1157867)
Well it was a shmuck move to give people false hopes that he'd be back with the band in Europe (Obie was even confirmed that one)...which turned into the summer American shows...which turned into September...which ended up as none of the above. If it was really about staying home with his kid/start working on a new solo album, why tell various media sources he would be rejoing the tour at some point?

I still think there's more to it than what he's claiming, but he's accepting full responsibility for walking out so I guess we just have to accept that as his reason and move on. He makes it pretty clear in that interview that he want to follow a different path but I'm hoping after some time away he finds his way back.

Whether or not he genuinely intended to come back or not (or truly wasn't allowed back) we'll never know but he couldn't have said he for sure wasn't coming back because it would hurt the band's chances of selling more tickets.

jovigirloz 12-13-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1157833)
This is exactly what I would say. I have turned down all sorts of positions as an engineer because I had 3 kids and they were my top priority at the time (still are actually). And I have said from the beginning that if Richie were honest and just said "man I got sober and I needed some time to myself - and also I need some time with my daughter" that would satisfy me. I still don't think he should have bailed in the middle of a tour but I understand those reasons.

Kathleen, I agree with all of this.. I would never begrudge someone taking time to be with their kid. I know if my daughter needed me, I would be there for her over anything else. Yes, Richies timing was bad, but sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do. Richie's family situation is obviously different to Jon (he has Dorothea at home with the kids) but I believe that Stephs od scared the crap out Richie - more so knowing that he and Heather have addiction issues.

RonJovi 12-13-2013 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone here watch UK soap Coronation Street (I swear I only watch it for the good looking women :-) )?

Anyway, the other night, one elderly character was trying to rediscover his youth as a music promotor and contacted his "big star" from the 60s. This fella wandered in the door...his name is Richie.

On first glance, I thought our man had sunk to a new low. If you see the actual programme (not on YouTube yet), he's a ringer for Sambora on first glance.

jovigirloz 12-13-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1157877)
Does anyone here watch UK soap Coronation Street (I swear I only watch it for the good looking women :-) )?

Anyway, the other night, one elderly character was trying to rediscover his youth as a music promotor and contacted his "big star" from the 60s. This fella wandered in the door...his name is Richie.

On first glance, I thought our man had sunk to a new low. If you see the actual programme (not on YouTube yet), he's a ringer for Sambora on first glance.

lol - that's cool.. He looks like Richie with Jons height and hair colour.

jovi76 12-13-2013 12:06 PM

That is hilarious I probably laughed a bit too much ;)

Beaky 12-13-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1157878)
lol - that's cool.. He looks like Richie with Jons height and hair colour.

Dear God... It's Robin Askwith... (Showing my age, now)

For what it's worth, I think Richie thought he was coming back and I think Jon thought so too... but it went on too long, got too snipey and bitter and when Jon realised he COULD do it alone, he decided to leave this until it could be sorted properly.

I also hear from a journo friend that this really is it... this is the reason in it's entirety. Make of this what you will but the band were also not slated to finish this album and get it out until the end of 2013, with the tour kicking off mid-2014. Jon decided the songs needed to be 'out there' while they were relevant. My friend tells me that it was widely known during the promo for this that the band weren’t ‘vibing’ and Jon and Richie weren’t offered as a package interview – which Jon prefers to do. I am told that it was pretty open how Richie wasn’t happy but when Jon calls them to work, they go to work. Also, there was some pressure from the record company to be out on the road during the 30th anniversary and I’ve no doubt that they wanted to avoid any potential Stones/U2/Katy Perry tours.

Bounce7800 12-13-2013 01:12 PM

The Jon/Richie package interviews haven't been going for a while now, certainly over here. It's all Jon in a hotel room doing everything in one day with all the press asking the same questions, with the last ones ending up with a very grouchy Jon!

I wish we could have the time of the band being interviewed again.

RonJovi 12-13-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1157895)
Dear God... It's Robin Askwith...

Who I've just seen was also in U571. The plot thickens...

MellyMel 12-13-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1157895)
Dear God... It's Robin Askwith... (Showing my age, now)

For what it's worth, I think Richie thought he was coming back and I think Jon thought so too... but it went on too long, got too snipey and bitter and when Jon realised he COULD do it alone, he decided to leave this until it could be sorted properly.

I also hear from a journo friend that this really is it... this is the reason in it's entirety. Make of this what you will but the band were also not slated to finish this album and get it out until the end of 2013, with the tour kicking off mid-2014. Jon decided the songs needed to be 'out there' while they were relevant. My friend tells me that it was widely known during the promo for this that the band weren’t ‘vibing’ and Jon and Richie weren’t offered as a package interview – which Jon prefers to do. I am told that it was pretty open how Richie wasn’t happy but when Jon calls them to work, they go to work. Also, there was some pressure from the record company to be out on the road during the 30th anniversary and I’ve no doubt that they wanted to avoid any potential Stones/U2/Katy Perry tours.

It seems like I remember Jon saying the same thing about getting the songs out while they are relevant. I don't see how this year or next year would make any difference.