Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

steel_horse75 05-11-2014 10:17 AM

I can't believe I just read that quote from Richie.

Does he really expect us to believe he has never enjoyed being in Jovi and that he rushed off stage after playing to thousands of fans and making a cool million, plugged in his iPod and listened to bb king to regain sanity......for countess tours over 30 years????

Supersonic 05-11-2014 10:26 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1176360)
The die hards will but that won't sell out his tour. There's at least one poster here who is borderline on buying a ticket and erring on the side of staying at home because of the crap Richie is spouting. He won't be the only one.

Yeah, I'm one of them. And judging by how ticket sales are going this time over here in Holland, I'm not the only one. Last time he shifted 3.000 tickets in about 3 days. This time he can't sell half of that in two months or something like it.

It's not so much that he's badmouthing Bon Jovi's career, it's just so hard to take him seriously as a musician. He's all about playing the Blues, being true to himself, yet at the same time he's playing stuff like Who Says, releases a poppy single, plays predictable cover songs and is all around sloppy and repetitive.

Him being so true to himself is all an act, and I don't think Richie Sambora even knows who or what he truly is nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

MrNickel 05-11-2014 04:05 PM

That quote along with the Runaway remarks (that was recently wasn't it ?) suggests he has really lost the plot.

Jon for all his faults always shows the proper amount respect for the legacy they've created. I was planning to go to Slane but all the idiotic Richie bailing out business put me off. Now as I plan to see Richie solo, he comes out with this type of garbage. What a moron.

IML88 05-11-2014 04:26 PM

Its poor form on his part to speak that way about the band that made you a multi millionaire, provided you the vehicle to play with the likes of BB King, release solo albums, tour the world and given you opportunities you'd have never got otherwise.

He needs to reign this bollocks in, I don't care what issues he has with JBJ, that band made him. He should show more respect and let his current work do the talking.

RS8MB0R8 05-11-2014 05:06 PM

Just to add perhaps an element of balance to this. The only thing that could be seen as a dig at Jovi is his comment about 'I was f**king playing Bon Jovi shit' but that could be completely misread. He swears for fun in interviews and the word 'shit' could easily have been said in the same context someone would say, 'getting his shit together'. He substitutes the word 'shit' for 'stuff' all the time so what else in there is offensive?

The question was how you stay sane in the madness of a prolific music career for their respective bands/acts. He answered the question - he likes to keep things fresh and varied. People are just choosing to jump down his throat over this printed comment without having heard the actual interview. When someone has already acted as controversially as he has, they tend not to be given the benefit of the doubt in debatable circumstances like this though.

nickolai 05-11-2014 06:25 PM

I'm not surprised he's come out with this. Anyone that bails on a world tour and lies about the reason is truly someone that has no class at all. Then the Runaway comment. He's always thought he's bigger than the band - obviously. But "Bon Jovi shit"? Yeah, pal. You wrote it too remember. I'm surprised we've not heard from Richie's biggest fan boy yet, Rolo. Surely he can't even defend this.

Bon Jovi is over. And I'm not actually bothered. I'd rather a little bit of dignity was left in tact than none at all.

rolo_tomachi 05-11-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1176378)
I'm not surprised he's come out with this. Anyone that bails on a world tour and lies about the reason is truly someone that has no class at all. Then the Runaway comment. He's always thought he's bigger than the band - obviously. But "Bon Jovi shit"? Yeah, pal. You wrote it too remember. I'm surprised we've not heard from Richie's biggest fan boy yet, Rolo. Surely he can't even defend this.

Bon Jovi is over. And I'm not actually bothered. I'd rather a little bit of dignity was left in tact than none at all.

I just hope his new music, his shows.

All this is nothing new, Richie is hurt and discontent. Little time has passed, they need to take a long distance of a couple of years. Sambora need a new Album/tour without interference of Bon Jovi. Then Richie will be back.

nickolai 05-11-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176380)
I just hope his new music, his shows.

All this is nothing new, Richie is hurt and discontent. Little time has passed, they need to take a long distance of a couple of years. Sambora need a new Album/tour without interference of Bon Jovi. Then Richie will be back.

Well, he's had a year away from it already. How much time does he actually want? His actions are disgraceful. Richie has nothing to be hurt about. Discontent, yet. Hurt - no.

Rolio. Do you think his actions in this latest interview are justifiable?

rolo_tomachi 05-11-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1176381)
Well, he's had a year away from it already. How much time does he actually want? His actions are disgraceful. Richie has nothing to be hurt about. Discontent, yet. Hurt - no.

Rolio. Do you think his actions in this latest interview are justifiable?

I don't care!. I just want new music and more shows. I'm not looking the perfect hero or an example to follow.

SadieLady 05-11-2014 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=RS8MB0R8;1176376]...The only thing that could be seen as a dig at Jovi is his comment about 'I was f**king playing Bon Jovi shit' but that could be completely misread. He swears for fun in interviews and the word 'shit' could easily have been said in the same context someone would say, 'getting his shit together'. He substitutes the word 'shit' for 'stuff' all the time so what else in there is offensive?..."

You beat me to this. I don't think RS was saying that the Bon Jovi music was shit as an opinion. All the guys use "shit" in a variety of ways besides as a curse or an opinion. He could just as easily said that he packed up his guitar shit and hit the road and that doesn't mean he demeans his guitars.

Also, he says right before that line that "The opportunity as a musician to be in a band of that magnitude and the fact that I was a part of the main engine as a writer...YOU CAN'T SHUN THAT WHATSOEVER."

I would go see RS if I had the opportunity because I am interested in what he would be playing and I am interested in seeing his development as a lead singer/frontman. I've always loved his voice and his guitar solos. We already know what Jon would do out on his own (covers and the usual BJ hits) and we already know that his voice is shot and that he makes the same stage moves and comments that he's made for way too many years. He sells out the KOS shows based on his charisma and the fact that some fans want to see him in a more intimate setting besides an arena--not because fans are excited to see what he might do musically.