Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Pearl Jam topic (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=50023)

Dave 1986 07-13-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1158975)
I'm sure you'll find it awesome!

...and you were right, it was incredible! They played for just over 3 hours, they played great, the weather was great, one of the best shows I've been to.

Captain Walrus 07-13-2014 07:12 PM

THE best show I have ever been to, wrestling the crown from Bon Jovi in 2008. PERFECT setlist:

Eddie Vedder Pre Show (at 4pm before the first band was on)
Porch (solo acoustic)

Main Concert:
Pendulum
Wash
Nothingman
Black (We Belong Together tag)
Go
Brain of J.
Comatose
Save You
Hail Hail
Mind Your Manners
Do the Evolution
Got Some
Lightning Bolt
Nothing as It Seems
Given to Fly
Sirens
Corduroy
Even Flow
Let the Records Play
Spin the Black Circle
Rearviewmirror

Encore:
Yellow Moon
I'm the Answer -(Simon Townshend cover, with Simon Townshend)
Footsteps
Chloe Dancer / Crown Of Thorns
(Mother Love Bone cover - there is every possibility I cried when they played this :cool:)
Better Man (Save It For Later tag)
Jeremy
Lukin
Porch

Encore 2:
Rain (The Beatles cover)
Daughter (War tag)
Blood
Alive
Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover - with members of the band Off! and Ray Cameron)

The ones in bold are the songs I've never seen them play before, and this is my fifth time seeing them. Astonishing gig!

The only bad thing I can say is how sodding long it took me to get home afterwards!

Dave 1986 07-13-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 1180133)
THE best show I have ever been to, wrestling the crown from Bon Jovi in 2008. PERFECT setlist:

Eddie Vedder Pre Show (at 4pm before the first band was on)
Porch (solo acoustic)

Main Concert:
Pendulum
Wash
Nothingman
Black (We Belong Together tag)
Go
Brain of J.
Comatose
Save You
Hail Hail
Mind Your Manners
Do the Evolution
Got Some
Lightning Bolt
Nothing as It Seems
Given to Fly
Sirens
Corduroy
Even Flow
Let the Records Play
Spin the Black Circle
Rearviewmirror

Encore:
Yellow Moon
I'm the Answer -(Simon Townshend cover, with Simon Townshend)
Footsteps
Chloe Dancer / Crown Of Thorns
(Mother Love Bone cover - there is every possibility I cried when they played this :cool:)
Better Man (Save It For Later tag)
Jeremy
Lukin
Porch

Encore 2:
Rain (The Beatles cover)
Daughter (War tag)
Blood
Alive
Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover - with members of the band Off! and Ray Cameron)

The ones in bold are the songs I've never seen them play before, and this is my fifth time seeing them. Astonishing gig!

The only bad thing I can say is how sodding long it took me to get home afterwards!

"Chloe Dancer"/"Crown of Thorns" was amazing. I ordered the self- titled 2CD set from Amazon on the train home because of it. I filmed a 2:30 minute clip on my phone which might make it onto YouTube one day.

When my friend and I arrived at the train station, the taxi driver said the bowl is only a 15 minute walk from there. Was it bollocks! It took us the best part of an hour! But then we did stop half way for a few lagers mind!

I've travelled for gigs several times over the years so I couldn't care less about that, the show is what counts.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-25-2018 11:13 PM

Got tickets to the two London shows next month and can't remember ever wanting something so much. I feel these will be the highlight of my gig adventures when I grow old (no pressure!) I've never seen them before but whatever happens I will be in awe and just soak it all in.
This band has became my favourite over the years, and any spare money I have is spent on buying their bootlegs. I am trying to complete my 2000 collection but still a long way to go.