Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Becky 03-28-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1186357)
I was super worried you were going to get my point, awesome.

Yeah, I don't think that has happened to anyone in the last 2 years.

Alphavictim 03-28-2015 04:12 PM

Why is everyone around here so super bitter lately?

Lampinen 03-28-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1186360)
Why is everyone around here so super bitter lately?

Lately? You mean since 2002?

steel_horse75 03-30-2015 10:51 AM

In my opinion everything slash has done other than GNR has been shit.

KSantaFe 03-30-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1186388)
In my opinion everything slash has done other than GNR has been shit.

+1

not enough actual songwriting in my opinion.

Supersonic 03-30-2015 11:41 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1186389)
+1

not enough actual songwriting in my opinion.

Slash never did any songwriting in GnR either, it was mostly collaborations or putting riffs and licks on the songs that made them recognizable. I always reckon people saying they don't like Slash's work outside of GnR just liked GnR, and not so much Slash as a guitarplayer.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

KSantaFe 03-30-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1186390)
Aloha !

Slash never did any songwriting in GnR either, it was mostly collaborations or putting riffs and licks on the songs that made them recognizable. I always reckon people saying they don't like Slash's work outside of GnR just liked GnR, and not so much Slash as a guitarplayer.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That's a good point there. Not that I'm a GnR fan, but I appreciated Slash's presence in the band - he added something vitally important to their sound as you said. By himself he's just not my cup of tea.

Old Joysey 03-30-2015 03:49 PM

+1 with what you guys said about Slash, I never understood his popularity... Must be the hat or the mane: they show stability... ;)

DevilsSon 03-30-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1186358)
Slash didn't have any problem opening for Bon Jovi. So either actions speak louder than words or he's a hypocrite.

I said it before - that means nothing. GnR were opening for Iron Maiden and Axl was trashing them whenever he could. Van Halen was opening for Bon Jovi but other than Sammy Hagar, no one had a nice thing to say about Jovi. That's how it goes with opening bands. Slash only did a handful of gigs, mostly festivals - not liking Jovi doesn't make him a hypocrite .

Also, Slash and Richie played together before. Apparently Slash even persuaded Richie to give back some of the money to Skid Row ages ago...so I doubt he'd have a problem playing on Richie's record despite of the things he's said but I think he's heavily touring at the moment....

semigoodlookin 03-30-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1186393)
I said it before - that means nothing. GnR were opening for Iron Maiden and Axl was trashing them whenever he could. Van Halen was opening for Bon Jovi but other than Sammy Hagar, no one had a nice thing to say about Jovi. That's how it goes with opening bands. Slash only did a handful of gigs, mostly festivals - not liking Jovi doesn't make him a hypocrite .

Also, Slash and Richie played together before. Apparently Slash even persuaded Richie to give back some of the money to Skid Row ages ago...so I doubt he'd have a problem playing on Richie's record despite of the things he's said but I think he's heavily touring at the moment....

What did Van Halen have to say about Bon Jovi when they supported them? I am genuinely curious.

I remember Jon speaking kindly to them, saying he understood it was hard for them etc. while I think he said once Alex Van Halen asked for advice, or Jon gave the advice anyway without being asked, not sure which.

I know they hung out a bit during that tour, but that means little of course. I think we forget that most people have had a dig at Bon Jovi from that era of rock, it has been the cool thing to do at various points. Those same people have also praised the band, some of them at least.

I remember when Tobais Sammet was getting some heat for being the German Jon Bon Jovi and he said something like, it seems cool to hate on JBJ, like it was just the "in" thing to do and that he didn't get it.