Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

danfan 05-22-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176849)
NJ is the strongest in terms of material and demand plus it marks 25 years.

A.It's 26 years, not 25. It was released in September 1988.
B.It's not the strongest in terms of demand. Slippery is almost always in the Catalog Charts. I don't recall once seeing New Jersey on there.

superkid 05-22-2014 01:36 AM

I'm really looking forward to this release. I never got around to watching the AAA documentary, so even though I know its on youtube I'm looking forward to watching it in high quality. I wish they offered a bluray version, but whatever. Disc 2 looks awesome, and I'm also looking forward to the bonus tracks with the remastered CD. It looks like they got this one right. If anything I wish it had an extra disc of bonus tracks/a full concert dvd, but I don't mind them keeping the price down by making it a smaller release. I'll get it at best buy when it comes out, unless they come up with some special offer or sale before the release date. Can't wait to get it! :D

Alphavictim 05-22-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176849)
NJ is the strongest in terms of material and demand plus it marks 25 years.

It marks 26 years.

ezearis 05-22-2014 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176822)
It would be interesting to put songs like Nothing, but I'm not sure That All albums are going in deluxe edition. We need a detailed statement of these releases.

I agree with you Rolo, I see more possible than Bon Jovi will release a boxset with demos and live songs than Deluxe Editions of all the albums.

Javier 05-22-2014 02:00 AM

Not really interested in AAA but that disc 2 looks awesome! If the price difference isn't much I'll buy the super deluxe edition.....

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1176861)
A.It's 26 years, not 25. It was released in September 1988.
B.It's not the strongest in terms of demand. Slippery is almost always in the Catalog Charts. I don't recall once seeing New Jersey on there.

A. Not technically in terms of an exact date but it's to mark the 25th anniversary for it.

B. They don't have enough material for a proper massive Box-Set for Slippery. There is no AAA and only a handful of demos. It would just be SWW the Videos and 5 demos. Not enough meat. They might or might not revisit it at this point. Depends on how deep they want to go and how much they want to pay for certain rights and enhancements.

NJ was their 80's prime in terms of material. I get it and I agree with it. We could go round and round like this with any album if you want to break it down and get really technical but based on a solid box, NJ is the best place to start.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1176866)
Not really interested in AAA but that disc 2 looks awesome! If the price difference isn't much I'll buy the super deluxe edition.....

Spend the extra 5 bucks and do it right for crying out loud.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176863)
It marks 26 years.

If you want to get technical with dates but its album span started in late 88 (september) and ran all the way through late 89. I'm talking singles. And then the 2 plus year tour.

A rerelease on NJ is still on the mark to celebrate 25 years.

Man, u guys are a pain in the ass but I actually appreciate that becasue I'm very detailed too. :p

jovifan93 05-22-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176871)
If you want to get technical with dates but its album span started in late 88 (september) and ran all the way through late 89. I'm talking singles. And then the 2 plus year tour.

A rerelease on NJ is still on the mark to celebrate 25 years.

Man, u guys are a pain in the ass but I actually appreciate that becasue I'm very detailed too. :p

That's right, it's still not 26 years old, that would be in september ;)

Also I think New Jersey is, from the title alone, the best one to celebrate the band's 30th, just think about it ;)

steel_horse75 05-22-2014 11:47 AM

New Jersey is the bands best album by a mile.

Its good to start with this one.

Would love a SWW, KTF or TD to follow.