Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Dave 1986 03-20-2013 12:57 PM

Hysteria 2013 has now been released.

As with PSSoM and RoA 2012, largely identical to the original album version.

Robdee1000 03-20-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1117426)
Hysteria 2013 has now been released.

As with PSSoM and RoA 2012, largely identical to the original album version.

I havent heard this yet, if its identical i dont think i'll bother buying it.

yomamasofat 03-25-2013 02:21 AM

Speaking of Def Leppard, they finally played a worthwhile setlist in Vegas:

Good Morning Freedom
Wasted
Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
Foolin'
Promises
When Love and Hate Collide
Let It Go
Slang
Bringin' on the Heartbreak
Switch 625

Hysteria Live:
Women
Rocket
Animal
Love Bites
Pour Some Sugar on Me
Armageddon It
Gods of War
Don't Shoot Shotgun
Run Riot
Hysteria
Excitable
Love and Affection

Encore:
Rock of Ages
Photograph

Living_on_my_Hair 03-25-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 1118107)
Speaking of Def Leppard, they finally played a worthwhile setlist in Vegas:

Good Morning Freedom
Wasted
Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
Foolin'
Promises
When Love and Hate Collide
Let It Go
Slang
Bringin' on the Heartbreak
Switch 625

Hysteria Live:
Women
Rocket
Animal
Love Bites
Pour Some Sugar on Me
Armageddon It
Gods of War
Don't Shoot Shotgun
Run Riot
Hysteria
Excitable
Love and Affection

Encore:
Rock of Ages
Photograph

Great bunch of songs, but woah, talk about being 'nostalgic'! JBJ would never do something like this.. ONE song from 1999, ONE from 1995, and all the rest from the 80's/70s.

And they're not afraid to do so! Respect? Or desperation?

Still all great tunes though, but what's the point in them still recording new music if they are never going to play it live?

Andi

yomamasofat 03-26-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1118187)
Great bunch of songs, but woah, talk about being 'nostalgic'! JBJ would never do something like this.. ONE song from 1999, ONE from 1995, and all the rest from the 80's/70s.

And they're not afraid to do so! Respect? Or desperation?

Still all great tunes though, but what's the point in them still recording new music if they are never going to play it live?

Andi

Yeah it would be nice if they had squeezed in a track from SFTSL and a track from X. But maybe they will in subsequent days.

And there is nothing wrong with nostalgia :)

Dave 1986 03-26-2013 12:38 PM

Cool (if random!) set list. They did hint at doing tracks from the first album and I'm glad they dug "Slang" out as well.

StoneDeaf 03-26-2013 12:39 PM

That actually is damn good set. Some other band(s) should look, listen & learn. Everything doesn't have to be on-the-day. Quite the opposite. Paying tribute to ones past is not all about turning ones back to present, it's about new generation of fans as well.

Bleeding Purist 03-29-2013 06:01 PM

I never thought I'd see/hear this happen. When they did Don't Shoot Shotgun on the Hysteria tour... they were lazy about that intro and opted to just skip right over it and go into the first verse. They really do it justice here!

yomamasofat 03-30-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1118281)
That actually is damn good set. Some other band(s) should look, listen & learn. Everything doesn't have to be on-the-day. Quite the opposite. Paying tribute to ones past is not all about turning ones back to present, it's about new generation of fans as well.

This. Just because a band can keep releasing new albums doesn't mean the band cannot revisit the past.

Living_on_my_Hair 03-30-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 1118622)
This. Just because a band can keep releasing new albums doesn't mean the band cannot revisit the past.

One of the reasons I have only seen Def Leppard live twice in the past 12yrs as opposed to Jovi's 16 times is the fact that the setlists are so predictable and too heavily focused on the past. I Love the music, don't get me wrong, but if they don't play a decent chunk of new material on each tour then what is the point, it's just going to be a repeat.
I want to hear the new material too, it keeps it interesting. I want them to be proud and not afraid to show of their work. I saw them on the sparkle lounge tour and it was 2 new songs of the album plus an old setlist they have played a 100 times.

Bon jovi certainly pick the wrong setlist, but at least each tour, and even nights within the tour they mix it up, in addition to usually around 5 new songs, they play an almost career spanning set.

Andi