Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Dicanio 04-16-2013 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=Walleris;1122551]He may not care about media much himself, but he knows that a percentage of his audience is "intelectually challanged" (not literally off course, but I'm talking a casual woman who screams when he shakes his ass during We Got It Goin' On) and those people are probably gonna believe everything they read about Jon and that off course affects his image and perhaps a person believes these stories, declares Jon an asshole and guilty in this situation and decides not to buy a ticket to an upcoming show.[/QUO

Sadly so many (but thankfully not all) female fans are like this.

Bounce7800 04-16-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1122641)
At first it bothered me RS isnt there.
But now it dont. Seen enough of Phil in youtube clips to see that the guy can play and thats good enough for me.
Im sympathetic for Richie if its him drinking (my sister is a alchoalic) but there comes a time when he needs to either get on with it or give up and drink himself to oblivion (I say the same about my sister).
Rehab dont really work - as in their your life is a proctective bubble.

Same here, I'll still go whatever as the money has been spent so its no loss to me and I haven't spent a massive amount this tour. I'll miss Richie, he's my favourite member of the band, but Phil X has proven he's got the chops to make it a decent show, and I wouldn't mind seeing a show with Phil X in all honesty, though I'd rather it wasn't all 3 of my shows, but with Phil filling in its not the massive disaster it would be if it was Bobby filling in.

Jonty 04-16-2013 02:39 PM

dont know how i feel about the situation.

i love watching Richie play. I am going to Slane and then the final show in New Jersey.......got tickets for up at the front for the first time for Slane so would be disappointed if he was not there but suppose i could cope but in New York, their home concert........think i would want him there playing!!

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-16-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1122608)
Usually they are. You can't categorically say that he wrote this one though.

I'd say its him though... But nothing makes sense still.. Sigh!

DevilsSon 04-16-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1122644)
Same here, I'll still go whatever as the money has been spent so its no loss to me and I haven't spent a massive amount this tour. I'll miss Richie, he's my favourite member of the band, but Phil X has proven he's got the chops to make it a decent show, and I wouldn't mind seeing a show with Phil X in all honesty, though I'd rather it wasn't all 3 of my shows, but with Phil filling in its not the massive disaster it would be if it was Bobby filling in.

exactly my thoughts. Phil X might make me buy a ticket for one of the shows actually. If Richie is back, I won't be going. And yes, Richie is my favourite member of the band too.

Walkerboy 04-16-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1122640)
Why didnt you sell? Youve been moaning that Richie may not be there and someone offers you cash for them? Why not sell???

If/When it's confirmed that Richie won't be there, then we will be selling.... until then, who knows?!?

Captain_jovi 04-16-2013 05:25 PM

I'm trying so hard to be optimistic but this is the third promo cycle he's done this (LH, Circle, Now), plus his solo tour. I'm losing faith.

efiste2 04-16-2013 06:27 PM

I really do hope he makes it to Europe, Phil X may be the best guitarist on the planet and never hit a bum note, but BON JOVI without Richie Sambora is like Tyler without Perry or Plant without Page, I know and have 100% faith that Jon will work his ass off to try and compensate but if Richie dont show, I wont be looking forward to the Gig, who knows maybe that Bon Jovi live kickass feeling will kick in once we are there, and I will be going to Manchester with a positive attitude, but I wont be holding by breath...........a

Kathleen 04-16-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1122670)
I'm trying so hard to be optimistic but this is the third promo cycle he's done this (LH, Circle, Now), plus his solo tour. I'm losing faith.

You may be losing faith but I've lost it. He just simply isn't reliable and in any case he is not the guitarist he once was.

That said I wish he were there and he wasn't pulling this crap :(

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-16-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey5150 (Post 1122581)
I just came here to post that. First tweet in awhile. The official BJ account has yet to comment on Boston.

Just now (BJ facebook):

"Boston, you are in our hearts. Much love and support, always."