Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bonjovi90 04-03-2013 05:32 PM

He's suffering from Uveitis and therefore can't perform currently.
I won't jump the gun and state this as the definite truth yet though :D

joviness 04-03-2013 05:34 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 8m
Unless it comes direct from us don't listen. People saying according to someone close to the band is SHIT.

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 5m
All I can say is he is OK. There are personal reasons. I'm sure some can look up the meaning of "personal" reasons.

Thierry 04-03-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joviness (Post 1119329)
Unless it comes direct from us don't listen. People saying according to someone close to the band is SHIT.

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 5m
All I can say is he is OK. There are personal reasons. I'm sure some can look up the meaning of "personal" reasons.

Wow, Matt is doing killer business for the band Bon Jovi again with these Twitter messages.

Mysterytrain 04-03-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1119331)
Wow, Matt is doing killer business for the band Bon Jovi again with these Twitter messages.

Yeah, Matt's Tweets are always so defensive and weirdly passive-aggressive...though I am glad to hear that Richie is 'ok'

nrm123 04-03-2013 05:39 PM

Phil x was recently on tour in UK think it's.still going so he wobt.be in

RonJovi 04-03-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1119333)
Yeah, Matt's Tweets are always so defensive and weirdly passive-aggressive...though I am glad to hear that Richie is 'ok'

Comes across as a bit of a ****wit alright.

Rdkopper 04-03-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joviness (Post 1119329)

Someone should respond to him and say " We'll you are close with the band, are you saying that everything you say doesn't mean SHIT either?"

In Matt’s defense, people are probably being stupid and annoying. Just based of the comments here, I could imagine what he is getting. Dry County is less than 1% of the Bon Jovi population. Poor Matt

Mysterytrain 04-03-2013 05:47 PM

To Matt's credit, though, he did go after that Tweet by 'NaughtybutNiceRob' that claimed 'Bon Jovi Dumps Sambora' by saying, "I think you need a better source."

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 05:48 PM

I'm still not sensing that this is alcohol/drug/rehab - I can't help but think that this was always an album & tour that Jon wanted to do more than any of the others, and Richie has said enough is enough.

We've seen enough articles recently where Dave/Tico/Richie admitted that the album wasn't something they were ready to do so soon after the last tour.

Beaky 04-03-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1119314)
Your rudeness was as predictable as your ignorance.

I have been personally affected by what you call a disease and I can assure you it is no such thing. An addiction is not a disease. Now unless you are unilaterally commandeering the English language and redefining words you should think again.

You should consider an apology for being so ignorant and rude whilst you are at it.

You can argue black is blue all you want. Addiction is officially recognised as both a disease and a genetic predisposition - whether you think it is or you don't, is completely immaterial - I am not commandeering anything other than scientific fact. No need to 'think again', maybe you just need to catch up on some reading.

The fact that you've been personally affected by addiction is something you've decided to bring up, which is obviously meant to both shame me and make me/others think I don't know what I am talking about. It doesn't. Your comment was ignorant, plain and simple. Whether your personal circumstance is/has ever been affected by it doesn't distract from that in the slightest.

Also, I would like to know where on earth I've been rude to you or anyone else? It was pointed out that in 'the real world' Richie would be fired from his job... I argued the case that for the defence. I argued that addiction is seen as a disease and an employer would have a hard time not handing over a large payout in 'the real world' for sacking someone who became addicted to medication that was prescribed to enable them to work. Failing to see how I've been ignorant and rude.

Make some sense, or get back on topic. That was borderline rude, I'll give you that.