Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   20th October- Barrymore Theatre, New York City Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69715)

JackieBlue 10-24-2016 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1211349)
In many of the comments Jon seems tense, serious, some a bit angry.

I agree, Rolo. He seemed sad and like it was a struggle for him to get through some of the intros/stories. I didn't notice it in the songs as much, except for one that I remember. I think it was Labor of Love. He kinda choked up and it looked almost like he was almost in tears at one point. I felt really bad for him.

I don't mean to take anything away from the performance. He sounded great in the songs and they seemed to have a lot more energy. He just didn't seem happy to me.

ezearis 10-24-2016 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1211358)
I agree, Rolo. He seemed sad and like it was a struggle for him to get through some of the intros/stories. I didn't notice it in the songs as much, except for one that I remember. I think it was Labor of Love. He kinda choked up and it looked almost like he was almost in tears at one point. I felt really bad for him.

I don't mean to take anything away from the performance. He sounded great in the songs and they seemed to have a lot more energy. He just didn't seem happy to me.

As he said, these last two, maybe three years were hard for him. Maybe talking about the songs makes him relive all that pain as these are genuine personal songs. Also this might be what makes him so proud about this record.

JackieBlue 10-24-2016 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1211359)
As he said, these last two, maybe three years were hard for him. Maybe talking about the songs makes him relive all that pain as these are genuine personal songs. Also this might be what makes him so proud about this record.

Yeah, I think it just struck me because in the three first shows I couldn't see his face while he was talking, most of the time, and in this one I could. So it just seemed more evident.

Hopefully it will be a catharsis for him and he can move on.

jbjwolves 10-24-2016 01:13 PM

Thanks for the link guys. Really appreciate it. Cant wait for the new album.

Captmorgs 10-24-2016 07:32 PM

Positive review of the show and new songs in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...sale/92505638/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denmad 10-24-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1211211)
Phil X wrong again at the beginning of Come up at the beginning of Come On Up To Our House. :lol:

It will be edited for the official DVD.
I think Obie is fixing it right now :lol!:

Walleris 10-25-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1211343)
So I can ser that they're playing 'we don't run' half a tone higher at these shows. Is the bonus track version on the album transposed to Am or did they leave it the same?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Nope, it's in the same key as in 2015:

The THINFS album version is in the same key as BB album version (based on iTunes samples).

Javier 10-25-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1211480)
Nope, it's in the same key as in 2015:

The THINFS album version is in the same key as BB album version (based on iTunes samples).

That clip shows them playing it in Ab (Which would be G live) whereas on the Barrymore theater showed them playing in in Am (which would be Ab live as they tune down). It would make it the exact key as the album version, unless they used standard tuning for just this song which wouldn't make any sense....

Walleris 10-25-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1211481)
That clip shows them playing it in Ab (Which would be G live) whereas on the Barrymore theater showed them playing in in Am (which would be Ab live as they tune down). It would make it the exact key as the album version, unless they used standard tuning for just this song which wouldn't make any sense....

Really? Are you sure these aren't the same? Or am I deaf?
vs.

Javier 10-25-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1211482)
Really? Are you sure these aren't the same? Or am I deaf?
vs.

I dont know man, I've been wrapping my head around this. I wish I had better tone recognition. I know I found it odd because both phil and Shanks are playing it with the Am chord progression and in 2015 phil and Matt used Ab. It sounds faster but I was just wondering if that was also a factor as to why it sounded more powerful now....