Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 04-03-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1119361)
No i said its not a disease and that's the whole point.

I mentioned my experience because in the process of trying to dismantle my argument you stated you had no experience of alcoholism at all. That's the sole reason I mentioned it. You are making it more relevant every time you respond.

You missed out this bit...

'I pointed out that certainly, in Richie's case, scientific fact backs up that it is. I ask you again... how is that rude? Why should I take care? Please, enlighten me on how I've strayed and offended people? I am not the one writing off 20 years of study and medical findings and alienating millions of people who battle with this disease on a daily basis.'

Please... enlighten me.

There is no argument... I stated something in response to someone saying Richie would be sacked in the real world for his substance abuse issues... you're the one making it a circus for your own ends.

Bleeding Purist 04-03-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1119366)
Not all medical professionals agree on that I can assure you.

People here do not find this to be a particularly engaging argument, so it ends now. You've both had sufficient space to make your argument and be done with it. Thank you. Now back to our endless Richie speculation.

Panda 04-03-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1119362)
I would agree, Phil X's Twitter has been a lot quieter today than usual. There's a 70 day gap to his next gig, so he would seem to be available, but if they would need him to Phil-in again, I would expect a few days for them to sort out the details and to give him a bit of practice time, certainly for the WAN songs.

Phil could learn the 7 or so possible What Aboot Now songs in less then an hour.

Captmorgs 04-03-2013 06:43 PM

It's hard to see how it's something other than rehab. The sudden announcement, and not that he would miss a show or two, but the whole month? And Jon said he's not in the hospital, so presumably no kind of accident. And Jon pledging his love and support. We don't have any facts, but sure seems like it.

IF it is rehab, it's not good for the current lineup carrying on for a long period of time. Given how driven Jon is and how much he likes to perform, I don't think he will stop the Bon Jovi machine just because Richie can't get his shit together. Prayers, RS.

CKatz 04-03-2013 06:46 PM

Like I said in the other thread: If Richie leaves, I'll leave.

jbjhand 04-03-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119370)
You missed out this bit...

'I pointed out that certainly, in Richie's case, scientific fact backs up that it is. I ask you again... how is that rude? Why should I take care? Please, enlighten me on how I've strayed and offended people? I am not the one writing off 20 years of study and medical findings and alienating millions of people who battle with this disease on a daily basis.'

Please... enlighten me.

You are unaware of the fact that medics, neuroscientists and other professionals do not agree about this. You need to enlighten yourself.

Bounce7800 04-03-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1119372)
Phil could learn the 7 or so possible What Aboot Now songs in less then an hour.

Should have seen that coming :lol: He'll be there tonight then and learn them on the bus there!

jbjhand 04-03-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1119371)
People here do not find this to be a particularly engaging argument, so it ends now. You've both had sufficient space to make your argument and be done with it. Thank you. Now back to our endless Richie speculation.

I don't think it's reasonable to come down on one side of the argument and then announce its over. You have not answered the debate over whether alcoholism is a disease by posting a link to Wikipedia.

AnnieKTF 04-03-2013 06:53 PM

I wish they'd release an official statement or anything just to stop all these assumptions, judgements and arguments all over the internet. Whatever it is, Richie and the guys obviously wanted to keep it private, at least for a while. What they get is a bunch of rumours and insults. I get that people want to know what's going on, hell, it's pretty much all I've been thinking about today, but I also get that maybe, just maybe, they want to take some time before releasing additional info.

The thought of Richie leaving the band scares the hell out of me. Obviously he enjoyed doing the solo stuff, but I really don't see him just ditching the band like that in the middle of a tour, a couple of hours before a show.
Rehab... maybe, but it seems so out of the blue, really. Don't know what to think. Don't want to think about it, actually, so I'll just wait for the info before I drive myself crazy.

I agree with those who say they should postpone the rest of the shows, especially since this has happened before. If they get a replacement, I don't care who it is; nothing and no one can replace the Jon/Richie magic onstage. Nothing compares to that. I don't care if Jon messes up the lyrics or Richie messes up the solos, they are at their best when they're together. I adore Richie's solo stuff, I love Jon's as well, but the two of them together + David, Tico and Hugh - to me that's the true magic.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets resolved soon, I hope that he's OK and that his family's OK.

DevilsSon 04-03-2013 06:55 PM

Honestly, who cares really? Obviously, I hope Richie is ok. But he hasn't played on a Bon Jovi record…since…no idea…since forever. He's been absent from the albums and even live he's been just a shadow of himself for a long long time. So maybe they finally break the **** up now and stop making absolute fools of themselves. Let's face it. Bon Jovi 2013 is just rubbish.

Just call it quits, do your solo shit, take care of your families, of your health, of golf and art and musicals and everything else you believe in, because musically, there is nothing left in Bon Jovi as a band! And that won't change with this whole mess Richie seems to have made out of it.