Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So you've ripped it............. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55116)

RonJovi 03-13-2013 04:39 PM

Struggling with most of your post to be honest because it's round and round we go. A lot of what you've mentioned there isn't name calling by the way but whatever...

Example 1
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1113655)
If you want to find blind followers like yourself and RDKopper, go to the BSWJBJ boards

- (Post 108 on page 11 of this thread for your reference).

Then when I took you to task on it:

Quote:

I didn't make an assumption, I said you act like a blind follower.

- (Post 137 on page 14 of the thread).

Example 2

Quote:

You claim you can't be a die-hard if you don't buy all the albums.

- (Post 137 on page 14 of the thread).

And then you said:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1113655)
I never said you can't be a die hard if you don't buy all the albums.

And I never said that you said so. .

-(Post 149 on Page 15 of the thread.)

Example 3

Quote:

I gave you an example. Your "Oxford" definition isn't from the Oxford Dictionary, I don't know where you dug it up, but I don't really care. The actual (non-literary) difinition in the Oxford dictionary is

"a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result"

- (Post 168 on Page 17 of the thread.)

which was after I'd posted this in Post 135 on Page 14:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi
"Irony is defined in the Oxford English Dictionary as:

"a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result"

You then even had the cheek to say to me:

Quote:

But what is missing in all the definitions you quote, are parts of the actual definition.

Despite the fact the only definition I have is word for word, the one that is in the online Oxford English Dictionary and the one you yourself quoted dozens of posts later.

I'm offering you the chance to agree to disagree. You want to keep this going, I can do it all day buddy until the mods eventually lock the thread. You want to walk away from it now, I can do that too.

Your words were that it was possible I wasn't instructing Panda to do anything which was what you originally objected to. Your words - not mine. I'm telling you, hand on heart, I wasn't instructing him to do anything and was just offering an opinion. If you don't want to accept that, that's unfortunate.

RonJovi 03-13-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1115504)
Hilarious thread this. Neither you are right either to be honest, you are both arguing not to look like the other had the last word. Alanis, I mean Iceman had the tab website I used to use though so he wins by default.

You think neither of us are right....you want to get dragged into this bun fight too??? :-)

semigoodlookin 03-13-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1115508)
You think neither of us are right....you want to get dragged into this bun fight too??? :-)

Nah brah, I am all about the peace..man. I meant neither of you are wrong too, you are right on some stuff and 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife is right on others.

RonJovi 03-13-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1115511)
Nah brah, I am all about the peace..man. I meant neither of you are wrong too, you are right on some stuff and 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife is right on others.

No sign of him replying yet though. I'm thinking maybe he met the man of his dreams and then met his beautiful wife?

Iceman 03-13-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1115504)
Hilarious thread this. Neither you are right either to be honest, you are both arguing not to look like the other had the last word. Alanis, I mean Iceman had the tab website I used to use though so he wins by default.

The site is still up, I just have no desire to learn any new Bon Jovi songs. Someday I might transcribe the missing old ones, but I won't be touching these new ones. They hardly have any guitar on them anyway.

Ice

semigoodlookin 03-13-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1115596)
The site is still up, I just have no desire to learn any new Bon Jovi songs. Someday I might transcribe the missing old ones, but I won't be touching these new ones. They hardly have any guitar on them anyway.

Ice

Freezezone right?

Iceman 03-13-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1115506)
Example 1

Quote the part where I admitted the mistake and fixed it and gave the reasons why as well, will you? Not really fair to pick and choose to distort the meaning.

Example 2: not in those exact words. But you say RDKopper isn't a blind follower because he wouldn't buy a Bon Jovi album of 1D covers (I think you're wrong BTW). From that I made the leap of you defining blind follower as someone who Would buy all the albums. Not a big leap, but I'll give you this one.

Ecample 3: yes, that's a mistake, I read something wrong somewhere. I'm sure I saw another definition in your posts somewhere, but I can't be bothered to go through all the posts on this iPad, it's hard enough to type on this thing. But you're still leaving out a whole lot of the definition:

* the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect:
‘Don’t go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony
* a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result:
the irony is that I thought he could help me
[count noun]:
one of life’s little ironies
* (also dramatic or tragic irony) a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character’s words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

And I still say it doesn't apply here.

Quote:

Your words were that it was possible I wasn't instructing Panda to do anything which was what you originally objected to. Your words - not mine. I'm telling you, hand on heart, I wasn't instructing him to do anything and was just offering an opinion. If you don't want to accept that, that's unfortunate.
Ok, lets agree to disagree. I still think your original meaning was something else, but I can live with it.

And as to why I didn't reply sooner, like I said, I have a life. And a pretty busy one at that. Sorry to disappoint you, Ron Howard.

Ice

Iceman 03-13-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1115598)
Freezezone right?

Yeah.

I'm still paying for it, but I haven't updated it in years. I'm thinking about maybe turning it into a wiki where registered users could add and edit stuff, but it'll take a while to put it up, so don't hold your breath. :) Maybe someday...

Ice

Bon Jovial 03-13-2013 09:56 PM

Haven't bought it yet...I'll probably pick up a copy when I see them on tour.

RonJovi 03-13-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1115600)
Quote the part where I admitted the mistake and fixed it and gave the reasons why as well, will you? Not really fair to pick and choose to distort the meaning.

Example 2: not in those exact words. But you say RDKopper isn't a blind follower because he wouldn't buy a Bon Jovi album of 1D covers (I think you're wrong BTW). From that I made the leap of you defining blind follower as someone who Would buy all the albums. Not a big leap, but I'll give you this one.

Ecample 3: yes, that's a mistake, I read something wrong somewhere. I'm sure I saw another definition in your posts somewhere, but I can't be bothered to go through all the posts on this iPad, it's hard enough to type on this thing. But you're still leaving out a whole lot of the definition:

* the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect:
‘Don’t go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony
* a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result:
the irony is that I thought he could help me
[count noun]:
one of life’s little ironies
* (also dramatic or tragic irony) a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character’s words or actions is clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

And I still say it doesn't apply here.

Ok, lets agree to disagree. I still think your original meaning was something else, but I can live with it.

And as to why I didn't reply sooner, like I said, I have a life. And a pretty busy one at that. Sorry to disappoint you, Ron Howard.

Ice

No problem Alanis. It's been a whole bunch of fun.

Maybe someday we could write a song about irony together.

"Its like writing shite on a message board,
Or defining words, only to be ignored,
It's the way out that you just didn't take,
And it made you look, like a big stupid fake,
And isn't it ironic, don't you think?
A little too ironic and yeah I really do think"

Or something like that....