Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DestinationJovi 04-26-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Gl4uBeR_ (Post 1124708)
I see it differently...

He hadn't been seen for over 20 days 'till yesterday, when he took Ava to school... and then, on the next day, he tweets that he just started do work on the videos...

It seems that something was actually keeping him away from his usual stuff during the last couple weeks... as if he was actually too busy with something...

The rehab theory is still alive, I think.

My thoughts too. He's out of whatever treatment program and is picking up life where he left off 3 weeks ago.

He's off this leg so tonight's show isn't even on his radar.

Mysterytrain 04-26-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1124720)
My thoughts too. He's out of whatever treatment program and is picking up life where he left off 3 weeks ago.

He's off this leg so tonight's show isn't even on his radar.

If he's promoting his video contest, that means the gag order theory is moot.

WillRunForChocolate 04-26-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1124680)
I think Bobby ate Richie. Certainly looks like he has anyway...

I noticed Bobby is looking a little thick in the middle. That theory is about as plausible as some of the others, lol.

BonJoviFan14 04-26-2013 07:57 AM

Phil x was good but he was no richie, hoping and praying hes still comming back.

Beaky 04-26-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1124778)
If he's promoting his video contest, that means the gag order theory is moot.

What it means is, he has a contract with Jon that right now, he is not fulfilling. What is in that contract, no one knows.

I have a feeling he might be back for the South Africa gig and we'll never know what happened. But the fact remains, if this is simple, personal problems then there doesn't seem to be any good reason not to explain it - I know, I know... 'it's private, he doesn't have to tell you anything! Leave Richie alone!' Okay... that's fine. But the people who put money in his pocket and who have cared about him for 30 years are both concerned and let down.

If the basis of my second theory is right, then Matt wasn't lying, from Jon's point of view, there is no fall out. Richie wouldn't have tweeted, not because of any gagging order but because both parties were trying to stare each other out... Richie can't take to Twitter and invite the world to ask him questions every five minutes. I sincerely hope my first theory, right back at the start, is right; he had a wobble, he took some time to be with his kid, get some therapy.

So he disappears and lets the shit storm do his work for him... 'let's see how much they miss me.' Puts a helluva lot more pressure on Jon that way. But Jon comes out and starts being Jon-of-old on stage... 'Let's see how much they miss Richie NOW.' I sincerely hope my first theory, right back at the start, is right; he had a wobble, he took some time to be with his kid, get some therapy.

But whatever it is, it's sad to see Jon the way he was during that press conference. I really don't know why he bothers trailing the band around behind him to things like that, they look f*cking bored. The moment where Richie actually speaks, I think Jon, in his way, is trying to make sure what Richie said wasn't glossed over, that's him re-emphasising Richie's point but he does it in such a tactless and sharp way, it makes him look like a tool. Richie just looks like 'why do I bother!?'

CKatz 04-26-2013 09:03 AM

I think Richie may have been asking himself "Why do I even bother?" a lot in recent years. He has certainly had a reason to on many occasions. Spending time with Ava in Hawaii may have caused him to think he would rather spend time with his family, who he doesn't get to see very often on tour, than to continue with the band in support of music he doesn't really care about and where he has been underused anyway.

CKatz 04-26-2013 09:06 AM

Page 200!!!! :D

Walkerboy 04-26-2013 09:34 AM

Could it be as simple as Richie wanting to sing Every Road during each show? He does tend to sing one song on his own and I can see him wanting to do that. Jon could be saying no, its not a Jovi song, then Richie points out that its in the new album, and Blaze isn't a Jovi song.... Cue a bit of aggro between them and Richie going on strike

choclady 04-26-2013 09:39 AM

Jon should have just made this a solo tour.

skogs 04-26-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1124589)
"Personal reasons" could be quite simple as Richie's heart not being in this tour.

I can see him being on break for Easter in Hawaii, getting ready to go back out and just saying to himself 'I don't need to do this' (especially since Phil X has filled in before).

If it's true, it's a bad move to make day-of and screws the fans and the rest of the band, but it's something I can see happening even without a big blowout like TMZ was reporting.

If it was a family emergency, I think they would've said "family emergency." If it was rehab, I think they would've said "rehab" (just like before).

If my scenario is true, that truly is "personal reasons" for being absent from the tour.

Whatever it is, however, I think the whole organization is a joke in the way they've handled this and almost everything else for the past 5-10 years.

This makes sense to me. Richie needed more time off for himself so he just took it. Simple as that. Still think he'll be back for Europe though.