Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Richie Sideshow announced in Melbourne! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=59480)

semigoodlookin 02-27-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1165033)
I think Richie can survive with short tours worldwide. Australia, Europe, Japan, Canada and South America Could have his audience in each tour. Small audiences, hopefully some arenas, but that's okay, I mean, he is 55, sings and plays pretty decent. His name can be strengthened over time as "the legendary guitarist of Bon Jovi". Also, I think it would be well received in some European festivals.

At least you can try it for a couple of years, then come back with Bon Jovi to return to bust the charts.

I agree with you, he could, and if he continues improving I would like that and would go to see him. I donīt think he wants that, he bigs everything up to stupid levels, which suggests either his ego is too big or he craves to be liked more than he is. I think the failure of Aftermath cut him deep... man.

Like I said, long term it wouldnīt work, unless he has another change of personality of course. I said beyond 18 months he would be done and either back with the band or off the face of the Earth.

rolo_tomachi 02-27-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1165035)
I agree with you, he could, and if he continues improving I would like that and would go to see him. I donīt think he wants that, he bigs everything up to stupid levels, which suggests either his ego is too big or he craves to be liked more than he is. I think the failure of Aftermath cut him deep... man.

Like I said, long term it wouldnīt work, unless he has another change of personality of course. I said beyond 18 months he would be done and either back with the band or off the face of the Earth.

I think it would be nice that Richie could do both, a new solo album, with a little tour 25-30 shows. And then an album with Bon Jovi. I would like to have a Bon Jovi album every 4 years.

Posible solo tour:
Australia (3 shows)
Canada (3 Shows)
Japan (2 shows)
Europe: London (2 shows), Italy (1 show), Spain (1show), Germany (2 shows), Amsterdam (2 shows), Switzerland (2 shows)
South America: Argentina (1 show), Brazil (1shows).
USA (5 shows)

Small audiences, or maybe a tour with other bands / artists together.

Captain_jovi 02-28-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1165038)
I think it would be nice that Richie could do both, a new solo album, with a little tour 25-30 shows. And then an album with Bon Jovi. I would like to have a Bon Jovi album every 4 years.

Posible solo tour:
Australia (3 shows)
Canada (3 Shows)
Japan (2 shows)
Europe: London (2 shows), Italy (1 show), Spain (1show), Germany (2 shows), Amsterdam (2 shows), Switzerland (2 shows)
South America: Argentina (1 show), Brazil (1shows).
USA (5 shows)

Small audiences, or maybe a tour with other bands / artists together.

Except he attempted a North American Tour and it failed to the point of cancellation. If he couldn't do 1 Toronto show what makes you think he can do 3 shows in Canada? Same for North America.

DevilsSon 02-28-2014 12:18 AM

There is no way I can get excited about Bon Jovi again. It's that simple. Jon's voice has become so damn annoying and useless, I can't see what sort of record they could record as a band that would be more exciting than a Richie solo project. As a singer - Jon has lost it. And it's irreparable I am afraid.

Honestly - there are so many opportunities for Richie to be a meaningful solo artist. The way he performs, there's no way he won't get the adulation to keep his ego alive, even if he plays with ****in' Slayer.

rolo_tomachi 02-28-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1165039)
Except he attempted a North American Tour and it failed to the point of cancellation. If he couldn't do 1 Toronto show what makes you think he can do 3 shows in Canada? Same for North America.

I forgot. He need a strong promotion to start, I'm sure not counted on that last time. I think he can aspire to a short path like Joey Perry done, a solo tour with other bands together.

Alphavictim 02-28-2014 03:18 AM

Richie's just not THAT impressive a guitar player when he's singing at the same time. That Purple Rain clip pretty much proves that he can still do some pretty cool stuff if he isn't struggling to remember lyrics and chords at the same time. He's a great texture player, but that stuff is tough to pull off (especially if you wanna improvise) when you're busy singing.

Ori's playing is a lot cleaner than Richie's, still.

And the bass player might not be as good as Hugh, but he sure looks cooler.

Either way, THIS is the kind of loose and jammy stuff he should've pulled outta the head with all this "just a band jamming" talk about Aftermath.

Jayster 02-28-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1165048)
Richie's just not THAT impressive a guitar player when he's singing at the same time. That Purple Rain clip pretty much proves that he can still do some pretty cool stuff if he isn't struggling to remember lyrics and chords at the same time. He's a great texture player, but that stuff is tough to pull off (especially if you wanna improvise) when you're busy singing.

Ori's playing is a lot cleaner than Richie's, still.

And the bass player might not be as good as Hugh, but he sure looks cooler.

Either way, THIS is the kind of loose and jammy stuff he should've pulled outta the head with all this "just a band jamming" talk about Aftermath.

His guitar work while he was singing Bridge Over Troubled Water was unreal when I saw him on Wednesday.

GabrielC 02-28-2014 06:19 AM

Oh man, that Purple Rain. That stuff is so good!

sambos apprentice 02-28-2014 09:11 AM

yer man can certainly sing! Had never heard of him until this! Wow.

As for Richie, meh. If people are clinging to THIS as an example of his solo artist credentials, then they might as well forget.

Yes it's spontaneous but then so was the jam session i was playing at last night-doesn't mean it was good. I HATE how both Richie and Ori play lead over the top of one another-makes it near impossible to decipher who's playing what-although Richie is butchering bends all over the place.

The Northern Cowboy 02-28-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambos apprentice (Post 1165061)
Yes it's spontaneous but then so was the jam session i was playing at last night-doesn't mean it was good. I HATE how both Richie and Ori play lead over the top of one another-makes it near impossible to decipher who's playing what-although Richie is butchering bends all over the place.

Thank you for speaking what's been on my mind when watching these videos. When they're swapping off solos it's cool, but when they're playing at the same time it just sounds like a wall of sound (not a nice sounding wall at that), and Richie's bending always seems a bit off next to Orianthi's.