Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   JBJ Acoustic Show BAHAMAS May/23/2015 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69061)

ticos_stick 05-26-2015 08:08 PM

Jon could walk onstage, pull his pants down and do a massive steaming shit on his mic and some people would say it was great.

crashed 05-26-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1188252)
Jon could walk onstage, pull his pants down and do a massive steaming shit on his mic and some people would say it was great.

That Jon Bon Jovi, he does great shit.

It's also on the flip side though that the band or Jon can really do some good stuff and people will say it's shit - same with everything, people have different opinions.

I'd Die For You I thought sounded really nice - but the fact he's playing Because We Can kills me!!! And I did miss Richie's harmonies in Love For Sale.

Still the setlist is an interesting one!

liljovi93 05-26-2015 11:37 PM

I think the set list is good and something I'd like to watch/hear. Quite a few songs I haven't heard live yet.

The videos look decent. Think the arrangement of the songs suit Jons vocals at the moment in time and it's why I think he should do a solo album instead of a band album.

Hope we get to see some more videos, though.

JackieBlue 05-27-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1188241)
You can use it on Chrome too.

Thanks, jon-flp (and Kathleen)! Worked like a champ!!

rocknation 05-27-2015 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1188260)
Thanks, jon-flp (and Kathleen)! (Adblock Plus) Worked like a champ!!

Did you know you can turn it on and off for different web sites, too? I don't object to all online ads -- my own Web site has them -- but I don't assault people with them, LOL!

Becky 05-27-2015 03:47 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=44&v=L-xkotf0TF4

Superman Tonight

More videos are popping up. People just need time to upload them. Someone mentioned recording parts of the Q&A too. Waiting for it to pop up...

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtNz...ature=youtu.be

Diamond Ring

One fan reports that he said they have "25 songs they feel good about."

ETA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMXI...ature=youtu.be

You Want to Make a Memory

This lady seems to be adding more steadily, but I'm tired... I've got to go to bed. If no one else post any new links I'll try to do it tomorrow.

rolo_tomachi 05-27-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1188262)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=44&v=L-xkotf0TF4

Superman Tonight

More videos are popping up. People just need time to upload them. Someone mentioned recording parts of the Q&A too. Waiting for it to pop up...

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtNz...ature=youtu.be

Diamond Ring

One fan reports that he said they have "25 songs they feel good about."

ETA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMXI...ature=youtu.be

You Want to Make a Memory

This lady seems to be adding more steadily, but I'm tired... I've got to go to bed. If no one else post any new links I'll try to do it tomorrow.

Good Job Becky.

Why Jon play and sings all the songs so slow? It is so flat.

Becky 05-27-2015 01:47 PM

Joey

Destination Anywhere

Prayer

I didn't have time to watch these--have to get to work.

bonjovi90 05-27-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1188271)
Good Job Becky.

Why Jon play and sings all the songs so slow? It is so flat.

You answered your own question there. Jon can't pull the songs off in a higher register and has to rely on the "intimate" atmosphere to carry his slow renditions.
He does it well on some of them, but when he goes for the chorus on Destination Anywhere it gets obvious that his range is gone.

rolo_tomachi 05-27-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1188276)
You answered your own question there. Jon can't pull the songs off in a higher register and has to rely on the "intimate" atmosphere to carry his slow renditions.
He does it well on some of them, but when he goes for the chorus on Destination Anywhere it gets obvious that his range is gone.

he can not fix with an operation?

Rdkopper 05-28-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1188276)
when he goes for the chorus on Destination Anywhere it gets obvious that his range is gone.

That was so bad. I actually feel bad for Jon.

There is no way he'll make it through a lengthy tour.

Becky 05-28-2015 12:38 AM

Love for Sale

In These Arms

Wanted

Amen

In These Arms & Never Say Goodbye

It's My Life

Thierry 05-28-2015 12:55 AM

LOL - these vocals are so bad, it's almost unlistenable. I can't sing, but I might be able to do a better job than Jon.

:rolleyes:

Javier 05-28-2015 08:53 AM

The bad thing about it is not that his voice is not up to it, but that he seems just as bored up there as I am watching it. When he stops singing ITA in the chorus, it feels like it's mostly out of not being into it coupled with of course his voice problems but the effort just doesn't seem to be there...

Jack27 05-28-2015 02:38 PM

Reunion:

Iceman 05-28-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1188281)
he can not fix with an operation?

If there was such an operation, every aging singer would take it.

No, once your voice is gone, it's gone. Unless there's a specific physical problem, like a nodule on your vocal chords, it's almost impossible to fix a voice.

It's possible to train your voice to it's maximum capability, something I don't think Jon's done. But I fear this is as good as it's going to ever get any more.

Ice

liljovi93 05-28-2015 04:14 PM

Wow, 'Amen' at around 2min 19 was absolutely shocking.

His voice cracks and he almost 'yodels'

Shocking.

ticos_stick 05-28-2015 04:29 PM

Well that puts an end to the "Jon should do an acoustic tour because his voice could cope with it" idea.

Maybe with a lot of practice and coaching to bring his voice up to a listen-able level it might be possible. He looks so disinterested though so it seems unlikely. This just sounds like a below average bar band. Since when did Bobby turn into an over weight grey old man? Is that Jon's new image for the band?

bwehehehe 05-28-2015 06:08 PM

Let's just hope Jon realizes his voice has gone downhill so he won't have any other choice but to hire a vocal coach and extend what's left of him *plays riff*

nikos greece 05-28-2015 06:50 PM

come on guys its not that bad..its truly alarming that even easier songs seem harder for him but in lower keys sounds fine to me. his upper register looks gone though and considering how hard some of the bj classics are its gonna be another hard tour that will do them no favor if nothing change...
if he cant sing wanted properly, how is he gonna sing prayer, ktf and the rest of them? and in concequtive nights? jon can handle most of the acousic shows still, he may was a bit cold from the abscence still without richie if they dont deliver sth decent the band will become a joke.

angelsambo 05-28-2015 08:50 PM

almost 2 years after the last tour i can't understand why is it so difficult for him to find a vocal coach(or a doctor) to fix-repair-recover a little bit his voice
obviously he has done nothing in the last two years

angelsambo 05-29-2015 01:52 PM

JON BON JOVI - YOU HAD ME FROM HELLO - BAHAMAS - 05/23/15

liljovi93 05-29-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1188307)
come on guys its not that bad..its truly alarming that even easier songs seem harder for him but in lower keys sounds fine to me. his upper register looks gone though and considering how hard some of the bj classics are its gonna be another hard tour that will do them no favor if nothing change...
if he cant sing wanted properly, how is he gonna sing prayer, ktf and the rest of them? and in concequtive nights? jon can handle most of the acousic shows still, he may was a bit cold from the abscence still without richie if they dont deliver sth decent the band will become a joke.

Some songs he nails because he barely has to try in the way they are arranged. Then you hear some others and they I struggle to listen. Just watched 'You Had Me From Hello' and although it was a pretty good performance, his face was making me cringe. Notes that should be hit with ease are killing him.

dumy 05-31-2015 06:26 PM

Q&A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGjB...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kbB...ature=youtu.be

rolo_tomachi 05-31-2015 09:14 PM

Someone can make a summary?, not quite understand what they say, please.

Becky 05-31-2015 10:05 PM

No where near verbatim, but this is the gist of what he said:

The BAND is in the studio working on a new album. Tico and Dave are doing great. They're working in the studio where he did his original recordings. It makes him feel like he's 18 again. It's called Avatar now. They have 25 songs so far. Someone asked about his favorite places to play and he mentioned a few including Chicago and Toronto.

It started in the middle of an answer on the second one. He was talking about a pair of of his favorite jeans that are well worn and have a hole in the right knee so he has to put his left leg in first and he asked if that had some psychological meaning because apparently the woman had asked if he wore black socks beforehand. Someone else asked if he was going to try again for Buffalo and he said, "F- no" several times and that he had never been so hurt in his life.

rolo_tomachi 05-31-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1188357)
No where near verbatim, but this is the gist of what he said:

The BAND is in the studio working on a new album. Tico and Dave are doing great. They're working in the studio where he did his original recordings. It makes him feel like he's 18 again. It's called Avatar now. They have 25 songs so far. Someone asked about his favorite places to play and he mentioned a few including Chicago and Toronto.

It started in the middle of an answer on the second one. He was talking about a pair of of his favorite jeans that are well worn and have a hole in the right knee so he has to put his left leg in first and he asked if that had some psychological meaning because apparently the woman had asked if he wore black socks beforehand. Someone else asked if he was going to try again for Buffalo and he said, "F- no" several times and that he had never been so hurt in his life.

Thank you Becky.

KSantaFe 05-31-2015 11:27 PM

I'm actually (very) slightly optimistic about the new album. The way he talked about Avatar was definitely encouraging.

nikos greece 06-03-2015 02:32 PM

some minor conclusions about the q&a...
1.looks like they are demoing and have a new producer, shanks worked in L.A.
2.When hugh was asked recently and said all these things about the band and the new album he used past tense when he refered to phil x, he saved our asses, i miss him, told him to come and see me in vegas, i may be overeaching here but looks like phil x isnt in the studio with them...(a positive thing for me unless bobby takes on the lead guitar)
3.never was so hurt in his life??? about buffalo???for gods sake jon...if he said that cause i dint listened to it myself i cant believe how an intelligent person like him has such priorities...and saying sth like these after his daughter incident...unbelievable
4.jon probably will change many things in the next album, he has realised he made mistakes himself, a big question is if he can make a hit without high notes, who says and make a memory were close to sth like that..
5.the guitarist is the big ????, richie obviously isnt there, phil x looks like he isnt(imo jon knows phil x isnt the suitable replacement for richie BUT he uses bobby for soloing...so who knows), there was a rumour some time back that jon is recording with the band and they have security outside...do you remember 4-5 months back..it looks like someone had seen them in the avatar and spread the word. either jon an bob play guitar or the new guitarist is there...

Captain_jovi 06-03-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1188439)
some minor conclusions about the q&a...
1.looks like they are demoing and have a new producer, shanks worked in L.A.
2.When hugh was asked recently and said all these things about the band and the new album he used past tense when he refered to phil x, he saved our asses, i miss him, told him to come and see me in vegas, i may be overeaching here but looks like phil x isnt in the studio with them...(a positive thing for me unless bobby takes on the lead guitar)
3.never was so hurt in his life??? about buffalo???for gods sake jon...if he said that cause i dint listened to it myself i cant believe how an intelligent person like him has such priorities...and saying sth like these after his daughter incident...unbelievable
4.jon probably will change many things in the next album, he has realised he made mistakes himself, a big question is if he can make a hit without high notes, who says and make a memory were close to sth like that..
5.the guitarist is the big ????, richie obviously isnt there, phil x looks like he isnt(imo jon knows phil x isnt the suitable replacement for richie BUT he uses bobby for soloing...so who knows), there was a rumour some time back that jon is recording with the band and they have security outside...do you remember 4-5 months back..it looks like someone had seen them in the avatar and spread the word. either jon an bob play guitar or the new guitarist is there...

I wouldn't read to much into the past/present tense of Phil X. Saying he saved their ass is absolutely correct as they're talking about a tour that already happened. "He's saving our ass" wouldn't make sense since the tour is over.

You're taking Jon WAY too literally about his glib football comment. I don't think it really meant of everything he's been through that hurt the most.

The guitar player is the big question, I firmly think a big chunk of the guitar playing on the last album was Shanks with Richie doing some riffs and all of the solos. Bobby was never a player on band records barring the solo we know he did and the box set songs so if Shanks is out as producer I'm just as puzzled with who they've gotten. If it's a random person we don't know I'd be pretty disheartened. The stuff about security outside the studio was just clickbait article stuff. Articles fluffed with previously reported gossip that keeps coming back around because there's so little going on.

Sossy 06-03-2015 06:23 PM

Alright, now Iīve listened to a few excerpts of the Show. And I really donīt understand what some of you write! Okay, of course his Voice is not as good as in the 90s anymore. But it really ainīt that bad! My God, he got older and itīs Springtime, he is strained by allergies. So what?! I think it really does not sound THAT miserable, come on, itīs live...

Rdkopper 06-03-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sossy (Post 1188452)
Alright, now Iīve listened to a few excerpts of the Show. And I really donīt understand what some of you write! Okay, of course his Voice is not as good as in the 90s anymore. But it really ainīt that bad! My God, he got older and itīs Springtime, he is strained by allergies. So what?! I think it really does not sound THAT miserable, come on, itīs live...

Spring Time / Allergies? Really? Look, we all get that he's older and we're not expecting him to sing like he was in his 20's but we do expect him to carry a tune. Forget the reasons and excuses. The guy lost it. It happens.

I used to listen to Jon's songs for relaxed enjoyment. Now I listen at the edge of my seat in hopes that he could make it through to the end.

bonjovi90 06-03-2015 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sossy (Post 1188452)

Rdkopper's right here. It's not that we want him to sound bad, but I became a fan of this band around the HAND era and there Jon was already getting slagged for not being able to hit certain notes anymore. This is WAY worse than it was back then...
I understand that you're a young, rather new fan (I was the same 10 years ago) and you don't want your idol to be criticized (and on JT it's usually blown out of proportion), but it's rarely been more justified than here!

Sossy 06-03-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1188455)
Rdkopper's right here. It's not that we want him to sound bad, but I became a fan of this band around the HAND era and there Jon was already getting slagged for not being able to hit certain notes anymore. This is WAY worse than it was back then...
I understand that you're a young, rather new fan (I was the same 10 years ago) and you don't want your idol to be criticized (and on JT it's usually blown out of proportion), but it's rarely been more justified than here!

I also got a Fan around HAND/LH era! Iīm not that new anymore xD
But when I compare, for excample, Make a memory, how he sings it now, and how he sung it when it was new before 8 Years. There is not so much difference. He has always had his ups and downs with his voice. One day, he really sings brilliant, the other day, he does it miserable. Unfortunately the older he gets, the worse it gets. But I think itīs not THAT extreme. I remember a appearance in a Tv Show 2007 when he sung Make a memory, and even back then he didnīt sing it better. I think he had a bad day, his voice was not in a good condition. As Fans we should forgive him, he is also just human. And on the new Song, beautiful day, we hear that his voice still can sound great! Ok ok, itīs a studiorecord, but he still can do it. Come on, I rather like the well known voice on him, than a doctored, totally changed voice which hits the high notes again. Nobody gets younger, and he is really not THAT bad.

ticos_stick 06-03-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sossy (Post 1188456)
he is really not THAT bad.

Compared to a poor bar band with a singer whose voice is shot, it's not THAT bad however compared to his voice as recent as 2011 or any self respecting professional singer, it is THAT bad.

steel_horse75 06-04-2015 02:57 PM

Seems on good form.

SadieLady 06-08-2015 03:39 AM

Jon uses many vocal, performance and production tricks to make the show go as well as it does given his vocal limitations. Some types of singing are harder on the cords than others and given the 30 years of 2+hour performances, it is too much. He has mentioned ENTs, vocal coaches, etc. in interviews. I think he does a lot to keep the voice going but it is beyond bringing it back. He needs more time between concerts for one thing and that is not economically feasible. I agree with a previous poster that he sounds reasonably good and the real problem is how contorted his face looks trying to sing songs that he has problems with. It is downright painful to watch. I once said that when Jon starts losing his looks and his voice that Bon Jovi wouldn't be able to fill arenas but I guess he is about to prove me wrong.

MrIks from Finland 06-21-2015 07:59 PM

It's depressing that he is reading the lyrics all the time. For me it kills all the emotion of the performance when you see he is not trusting himself or just too lazy to learn the lyrics. Doesn't seem to matter if the song is old or new. The whole show looks like a rehearsal.

Becky 06-22-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1188862)
It's depressing that he is reading the lyrics all the time. For me it kills all the emotion of the performance when you see he is not trusting himself or just too lazy to learn the lyrics. Doesn't seem to matter if the song is old or new. The whole show looks like a rehearsal.

He's in the middle of writing an album. When I saw him do an acoustic show in 1998 and he was also in the process of writing songs, he said that his mind was so full of "words and chords and chords and words" that it was confusing and it made remembering lyrics difficult--and that was nearly 20 years ago. He was laughing about it then because he had said when he was younger he didn't understand how a songwriter could forget the lyrics to his own song. It's not that he's lazy or doesn't care.

Walleris 06-22-2015 02:53 AM

I agree that reading lyrics is by no means a sign of Jon being lazy. His lack of efforts to protect his voice throughout his whole career and sounding the way he does now, however, is exactly that.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but so is Jon if he's still touring as Bon Jovi with no capabilities of being Bon Jovi in terms of personnel AND sound. So forgive me for voicing my frustrations, I promise not to do that again for another week.