Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ezearis 04-03-2013 06:56 PM

About the alcoholism thing, homosexuality was considered a disease until 1990, so it's not like "Wikipedia says is a disease, it's the word of god".

I'm not going to say my opinion as is not the point of this thread.

Bleeding Purist 04-03-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1119377)
I don't think it's reasonable to come down on one side of the argument and then announce its over. You have not answered the debate over whether alcoholism is a disease by posting a link to Wikipedia.

I didn't come down on one side. I directed you to a widely used online source. You mistake me for arguing with you when in reality I don't give a shit. I am directing you to end this argument because it is boring everyone else. You may start a new thread under NBJ - Everything Else and spend your days arguing this topic. You may not commandeer a thread about Richie being out on this leg of the Bon Jovi tour with it.

Beaky 04-03-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1119375)
You are unaware of the fact that medics, neuroscientists and other professionals do not agree about this. You need to enlighten yourself.

You can hardly have a dig at Purist, you still didn't answer my question about what I've done that requires me to take care? Look at the whole question... PM me instead of grandstanding... it doesn't become you.

Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor... Matt's tweets are, as usual, about as enlightening as you'd expect him to be. Still not thinking this is about Richie falling off the wagon though.

Dicanio 04-03-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieKTF (Post 1119378)
I wish they'd release an official statement or anything just to stop all these assumptions, judgements and arguments all over the internet. Whatever it is, Richie and the guys obviously wanted to keep it private, at least for a while. What they get is a bunch of rumours and insults. I get that people want to know what's going on, hell, it's pretty much all I've been thinking about today, but I also get that maybe, just maybe, they want to take some time before releasing additional info.

The thought of Richie leaving the band scares the hell out of me. Obviously he enjoyed doing the solo stuff, but I really don't see him just ditching the band like that in the middle of a tour, a couple of hours before a show.
Rehab... maybe, but it seems so out of the blue, really. Don't know what to think. Don't want to think about it, actually, so I'll just wait for the info before I drive myself crazy.

I agree with those who say they should postpone the rest of the shows, especially since this has happened before. If they get a replacement, I don't care who it is; nothing and no one can replace the Jon/Richie magic onstage. Nothing compares to that. I don't care if Jon messes up the lyrics or Richie messes up the solos, they are at their best when they're together. I adore Richie's solo stuff, I love Jon's as well, but the two of them together + David, Tico and Hugh - to me that's the true magic.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets resolved soon, I hope that he's OK and that his family's OK.

Hear, Hear couldnt agree more!

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:01 PM

Hope he learns Pictures of You fast.

DevilsSon 04-03-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1119374)
Like I said in the other thread: If Richie leaves, I'll leave.

Where are you going?

jbjhand 04-03-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119384)
You can hardly have a dig at Purist, you still didn't answer my question about what I've done that requires me to take care? Look at the whole question... PM me instead of grandstanding... it doesn't become you.

Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor... Matt's tweets are, as usual, about as enlightening as you'd expect him to be. Still not thinking this is about Richie falling off the wagon though.

Oh do bore off. Grandstanding? Yes I can have a dig, I've just done it.
I've no reason to PM you, instead of thinking you are right and that's it, just accept a debate exists about whether or not alcoholism is a disease. That's all you need to do, if you had the capacity to do that you wouldn't have attacked my original post so aggressively.

Supersonic 04-03-2013 07:06 PM

Aloha !

I actually find the discussion in regards to alcoholism being a disease or not a lot more interesting than the pointless speculation as to why Richie's left. The latter is based upon assumptions while the former can easily be solved by bringing in plenty of proof as to why it is. But then again, you'll always find people saying certain sources aren't valid when its not up to their person standards (global warming, homosexuality, the list is endless).

But yeah, let's all go back to assuming Richie has probably left Bon Jovi at 3:30PM.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jbjhand 04-03-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1119390)
Aloha !

I actually find the discussion in regards to alcoholism being a disease or not a lot more interesting than the pointless speculation as to why Richie's left. The latter is based upon assumptions while the former can easily be solved by bringing in plenty of proof as to why it is. But then again, you'll always find people saying certain sources aren't valid when its not up to their person standards (global warming, homosexuality, the list is endless).

But yeah, let's all go back to assuming Richie has probably left Bon Jovi at 3:30PM.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

This is not like the climate change debate. Alcoholism, disease or not is a real debate that real professionals have with one another. Read the World Health Organistion reports.

Captmorgs 04-03-2013 07:11 PM

Couldn't care less about the alcoholism as a disease debate.