Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

MrIks from Finland 04-26-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skogs (Post 1124837)
This makes sense to me. Richie needed more time off for himself so he just took it. Simple as that. Still think he'll be back for Europe though.

At least jon wont be paying phils flight to europe if richie cannot make it there...its richie or bobby on lead guitar

Roll 04-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124829)
I think Richie may have been asking himself "Why do I even bother?" a lot in recent years. He has certainly had a reason to on many occasions. Spending time with Ava in Hawaii may have caused him to think he would rather spend time with his family, who he doesn't get to see very often on tour, than to continue with the band in support of music he doesn't really care about and where he has been underused anyway.

Maybe because fans spend their hard earned money buying over-priced ticket to see Jon AND Richie and Dave and Tico? From what I see with all the shit going on with the cover constest of a lousy song, it looks like the guy doesn't give a damn about the people who've been faithful to the band over the years.
I can understand Richie being fed up with Bon Jovi, but then you either leave BEFORE the tour or after.
And the "underuse" thing might be true if the guy hadn't released an album last year with such poor guitar work in it.

Beaky 04-26-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1124841)
Maybe because fans spend their hard earned money buying over-priced ticket to see Jon AND Richie and Dave and Tico? From what I see with all the shit going on with the cover constest of a lousy song, it looks like the guy doesn't give a damn about the people who've been faithful to the band over the years.
I can understand Richie being fed up with Bon Jovi, but then you either leave BEFORE the tour or after.
And the "underuse" thing might be true if the guy hadn't released an album last year with such poor guitar work in it.

Whether you appreciate the guitar work on Aftermath, or not, it actually has guitar work on it. As opposed to the majority of WAN...

IML88 04-26-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choclady (Post 1124835)
Jon should have just made this a solo tour.

I was listening to I'm With You last night and the more I listen to it the more it sounds like progression from Destination Anywhere, not The Circle. He should have just made WAN a solo album and toured it with Bobby, Phil and a couple of other session players.

This world tour seems forced.

Lisa71 04-26-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124829)
I think Richie may have been asking himself "Why do I even bother?" a lot in recent years. He has certainly had a reason to on many occasions. Spending time with Ava in Hawaii may have caused him to think he would rather spend time with his family, who he doesn't get to see very often on tour, than to continue with the band in support of music he doesn't really care about and where he has been underused anyway.

He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.

Roll 04-26-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124844)
Whether you appreciate the guitar work on Aftermath, or not, it actually has guitar work on it. As opposed to the majority of WAN...

Yes, I said it was poor. I mean, people should listen to apocalyptic love if they want good songs and great guitar work. On aftermath, both are at best mediocre.

Beaky 04-26-2013 11:10 AM

Let's see who takes to the stage next month... I still don't think we'll ever know the whole story, no matter what happens.

Beaky 04-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1124847)
Yes, I said it was poor. I mean, people should listen to apocalyptic love if they want good songs and great guitar work. On aftermath, both are at best mediocre.

... and a whiny, 90s vocal...

I don't agree. There are some good songs on Slash's album and the man can make a guitar sing but Miles just doesn't have the character in his voice that Axl could produce. Great range but his tone is like nails on a chalk board for me.

Give me Richie's vocal over that, all day long. Also, as a lyricist, Richie's Aftermath tunes kick the p*ss out of anything on Apocalyptic Love, IMO.

DevilsSon 04-26-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1124847)

Hah! Apocalyptic love... :D Good one.

CKatz 04-26-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1124846)
He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.

At this point, it is all still speculation. Let's not forget that.