Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DestinationJovi 04-07-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1120393)
Hmmm...So, the picture of Jon, Dave and Tico was just removed from the band's Facebook page and replaced with a concert picture of Jon (as yours truly had suggested they do a few posts ago).

Maybe the powers-that-be on Facebook are reading this thread xD.

Or maybe they just read all the "this isn't Bon Jovi without Richie" comments on the picture and decided they used poor judgement.

Can you imagine TPTB reading this ridiculous 80 page thread about Jon putting Hugh up to poisoning Richie's dog? :lol:

Mysterytrain 04-07-2013 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1120404)
Or maybe they just read all the "this isn't Bon Jovi without Richie" comments on the picture and decided they used poor judgement.

Can you imagine TPTB reading this ridiculous 80 page thread about Jon putting Hugh up to poisoning Richie's dog? :lol:

I think they should; really, this thread could become its own screenplay.

GabrielC 04-07-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1120404)

I can't. They can't handle the truth.

Mousebounce 04-07-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1120395)
Of course, as they seriously think that Hugh killed Richie's dog.

Wait, Hugh didn't kill Richie's dog?

GabrielC 04-07-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce (Post 1120409)
Wait, Hugh didn't kill Richie's dog?

No. It was his snake. Get your facts straight, ezearis.

piab70 04-07-2013 03:30 AM

great post!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1120340)
Aloha !

Richie "I'd like to do it doggy style but I miss the pussy"

One might think the rhythm guitarist is referring to the groupie life which many rock star is associated with, but it couldn't be further from the truth. In short, the guitarist is missing his cat.

"I took that little baby everywhere I could. Sure, I hid it because Jon's allergic to cats and it hurts his vocal chords, but every time I was by myself I wound up playing with my pussy."

As to how the former drunk lost his cat is still unknown, and the ex alcoholic doesn't want to go into full detail. Just know that those cuties aren't exactly tourbus proof.

"If Jon would just let me travel with it on board of the plane instead of needing to put it on a seperate tourbus none of it would've happened. Now she escaped and with the amount of snow out there in Canada it's hard to manouvre a bus to a slippery parking lot."

"When I got the news I called Jon at 3.30 and told him I'd not be coming over. I was heartbroken. So heartbroken that I flew right to Hawaii to hang out with my daughter."

The former husband of Golden Raspberry award winner Heather Locklear insists fans of Bon Jovi have got nothing to worry about. "Jon hasn't given me much space to show my skills lately anyay, I'm sure Bobby or whoever he'll hire will be able to cover up for me."

It's still unclear as to whether the cat will be buried or cremated, though maybe frozen in is an option? "I don't know man, I'm waiting for it to arrive to see what I'll do with its coffin. All I know is I can't bear to stand next to Jon, let alone another bandmember who'll treat me like a dog."

One fans can be assured of, now with this cat dead the only sound of a strangling cat is the one of Jon Bon Jovi singing whenever Richie isn't able to cover up for him.

Source: My right thumb.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

GabrielC 04-07-2013 04:01 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...377.7220821999

Those backstagers are making me so fuc*ing mad! Who is that Deb and why she must keep talking so much shit? Stop sucking Jon's dick, FFS.

Mousebounce 04-07-2013 04:37 AM

No point in getting angry. You know people with that attitude exist and nothing that you write will change their minds. It is sad that the only "right" opinion is their opinion. As for respecting privacy, when people are paying, you better provide an explanation. Quite simple.

Mysterytrain 04-07-2013 04:46 AM

Exactly; the band's PR team (do they have a PR team?) should have gotten out in front of this story and given a more complete statement. They never had any control of the message; news outlets aren't going to know to read Matt's Tweets.

life_of_agony 04-07-2013 05:31 AM

OK, can someone please provide me a brief summary in 50 words or less as to the going on's with this thread? My short attention span will not allow me to read through 81 pages of posts. Many thanks and kind regards.

jublke 04-07-2013 05:33 AM

The Twitter-sphere is off and running with this story.

Jon & Richie's saga, Shakespearean style:
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...kespeare-style

Or maybe you'd rather see Richie edited back in to that Winnipeg pic:
http://t.co/KK2ZkgqS91

ezearis 04-07-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1120421)
OK, can someone please provide me a brief summary in 50 words or less as to the going on's with this thread? My short attention span will not allow me to read through 81 pages of posts. Many thanks and kind regards.

Here you have. It's not updated, though:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1120089)
** "No Richie on Current Leg of Tour" Thread Guide:
-Richie a won't be on this leg of the tour.
-Richie has clearly relapsed.
-There's no evidence Richie has relapsed.
-Drug addiction is a disease.
-No it's not.
-Yes it is.
-Richie left over money.
-Jon is a prick.
-No, Richie's a prick.
-Anyone who says Richie's a prick is a Jon Lover.
-Anyone who says Jon is a prick blames him for everything.
-Richie posted a tweet that answers nothing.
-Richie doesn't owe anyone an answer.
-There's no way they'll tour Europe without Richie.
-European fans are high and mighty.
-American fans only care about Jon.
-The amount of empty seats at shows in 1992.
-South American fans are the best.
-Brazillians act out of line at Disney World.
-STEVEN ****ING SEGAL
-Insider Knowledge!!!
-Nope, took it back.

mellyjovi 04-07-2013 06:48 AM

Thank goodness for that post. It's also okay to add a little to it now. For example, we could add that Richie tweeted "I'll see you all soon" or something to that effect. Also we could add that Jon has stated "Richie will be back, don't you worry about that." Etc..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1120089)
-No it's not.
-Yes it is.
-Richie left over money.
-Jon is a prick.
-No, Richie's a prick.
-STEVEN ****ING SEGAL
-Insider Knowledge!!!
-Nope, took it back.

rocknation 04-07-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by life_of_agony http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/im...s/viewpost.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/im...s/viewpost.gif
-No it's not.
-Yes it is.
-Richie left over money.
-Jon is a prick.
-No, Richie's a prick.
-STEVEN ****ING SEGAL
-Insider Knowledge!!!
-Nope, took it back.

Here's a Big LOL Award for Crushgen, LOL!!!!

https://rocktivity.com/Graphics/bigLOL.gif
P.S. Will you two marry me?

The Rock 04-07-2013 09:06 AM

Jon talks about Richie (among other topics)

“I think Richie’s doing all right, (but) I haven’t spoken to him,” lead singer Jon Bon Jovi says (Phil X has replaced Sambora for the rest of the tour). “We were surprised. It was 3:30 on show day on Tuesday and we got a phone call that he wouldn’t be there. It’s a personal matter.
“Don’t believe what you read on TMZ because it’s the furthest thing from the truth.”

http://www.statesman.com/news/entert...living-/nXDDK/

CKatz 04-07-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1120438)

“I think Richie’s doing all right, (but) I haven’t spoken to him,” lead singer Jon Bon Jovi says (Phil X has replaced Sambora for the rest of the tour). “We were surprised. It was 3:30 on show day on Tuesday and we got a phone call that he wouldn’t be there. It’s a personal matter.
“Don’t believe what you read on TMZ because it’s the furthest thing from the truth.”

Woohoo! FINALLY some real information...About time. Hopefully this will shut up the tabloids!

But it's weird how they're being so mysterious about it.

life_of_agony 04-07-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1120425)

That's more than 50 words, yo

jovigirloz 04-07-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1120441)
Woohoo! FINALLY some real information...About time. Hopefully this will shut up the tabloids!

But it's weird how they're being so mysterious about it.

strange how the problem is serious enough for Richie to leave the tour, but his so called brother hasn't spoken to him?

Chris_Newton 04-07-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Maybe it's just the way it's worded but that's says he won't be playing for the rest of the tour.

jovigirloz 04-07-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1120448)
Maybe it's just the way it's worded but that's says he won't be playing for the rest of the tour.

I read it like that as well.

life_of_agony 04-07-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1120448)

The part that says he isn't playing the rest of the tour is not an actual quote.

MrIks from Finland 04-07-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

This doesn't sound good.... I get the feeling that Jon doesn't give a shit if or when Richie is coming back. Now there is Phil who plays anything Jon wants... Ideal situation for Jon....

Supersonic 04-07-2013 10:34 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1120453)
This doesn't sound good.... I get the feeling that Jon doesn't give a shit if or when Richie is coming back. Now there is Phil who plays anything Jon wants... Ideal situation for Jon....

Let the conspiracy theories continue, let's see if we can make it to page 160 with this statement from Jon!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Walkerboy 04-07-2013 10:38 AM

UK press (specifically Daily Mail) now going down the substance abuse avenue, reporting that Jon wants drug/alcohol free tour and can't trust Richie.

Still not sure that's the case - I reckon he's in North Korea as Obama asked Jon to negotiate with Kim Jong Un, but Jon said the money was more important.

Chris_Newton 04-07-2013 10:45 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...se-issues.html

The Rock 04-07-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1120452)
The part that says he isn't playing the rest of the tour is not an actual quote.

Exactly it. Jon doesn't say that he won't be playing for the rest of the tour, the reporter is the one who added that in.

ezearis 04-07-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1120457)
Exactly it. Jon doesn't say that he won't be playing for the rest of the tour, the reporter is the one who added that in.

Or maybe Jon is the reporter and "Brian T. Atkinson" is yet another pseudonymous for John Francis Bongiovi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1120456)

The first part of it sounds like a story that Seb would made up.

NicoRourke 04-07-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jublke (Post 1120422)
The Twitter-sphere is off and running with this story.

Jon & Richie's saga, Shakespearean style:
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...kespeare-style

Geez! Let's just call the band Bon Sambo and go on.

samboraisgodUK 04-07-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1120456)

Surprise, surprise, the Daily Mail is full of shit... Who'd have thought it?

I just don't know what to believe anymore :(

danfan 04-07-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1120472)
I just don't know what to believe anymore :(

This is the part that rubs me the wrong way. There are 2 schools of thought here. On one hand, it's nobody's business, etc. On the other, we're fans that have supported this band (in some cases) for almost 30 years. The respectful and professional thing to do for the fans is just clue us in as to what the situation is, and when (of if) he'll be back. And if the answer is they don't know, then say that. But to be as vague as "He's got personal issues, he'll miss this leg" is really lame in my opinion.

Bounce7800 04-07-2013 12:25 PM

They only have themselves to blame by keeping quiet in the first place. If it isnt any of those things reported, then they have shot themselves in the foot.

samboraisgodUK 04-07-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1120474)
This is the part that rubs me the wrong way. There are 2 schools of thought here. On one hand, it's nobody's business, etc. On the other, we're fans that have supported this band (in some cases) for almost 30 years. The respectful and professional thing to do for the fans is just clue us in as to what the situation is, and when (of if) he'll be back. And if the answer is they don't know, then say that. But to be as vague as "He's got personal issues, he'll miss this leg" is really lame in my opinion.

I was actually being facetious about the reputation of the Daily Mail, but I guess you weren't to know that as you're not subjected to it day in, day out.

I do happen to agree with everything you've said, though.

dianebonjovi 04-07-2013 01:29 PM

Firstly let me say this thread is hilarious and I wish I had the creativity to come up with something witty to add, but I don't.

Quote:

“I think Richie’s doing all right, (but) I haven’t spoken to him,” lead singer Jon Bon Jovi says
And secondly, when I read the above quote, I can't help thinking either Jon and Richie have never been as close as it's been implied or something really has come between them, because when I've missed work for "personal reasons", my closest co-workers have called me to see how I was doing.

The Rock 04-07-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianebonjovi (Post 1120484)
And secondly, when I read the above quote, I can't help thinking either Jon and Richie have never been as close as it's been implied or something really has come between them, because when I've missed work for "personal reasons", my closest co-workers have called me to see how I was doing.

We can come up with so many reasons which at the end of the day is neither here or there but there could be a reason for this. It just happened on Tuesday, since then there has been 3 shows to perform, bring in a guitar player etc etc also Richie could have said not to contact him, who knows.

CKatz 04-07-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Firstly let me say this thread is hilarious and I wish I had the creativity to come up with something witty to add, but I don't.

Good point. Even if I'm really busy, I always make sure my friends are okay. Especially if I know they're dealing with something serious.

Mousebounce 04-07-2013 01:55 PM

The fact that they haven't spoken at all since the announcement speaks volumes. Who knows. Someone should be forthcoming considering people paid money to see Bon Jovi, not Bon Jovi minus one. A lot of my American friends are talking about bailing this summer if Richie isn't there.

Beaky 04-07-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

I can't help thinking either Jon and Richie have never been as close as it's been implied or something really has come between them, because when I've missed work for "personal reasons", my closest co-workers have called me to see how I was doing.

You've hit the nail on the head. There is a respect there but we're not talking (risk of getting lynched here) Bruce and Clarence and we're not even talking Jagger and Richards.

Jon and Richie are NOT a solid gold writing due. They write well together but their best work is generally when someone else is involved, so the Rolling Stones comparisons just don't work. However, I get the idea their friendship is more like Jagger and Richards than Bruce and Clarence.

My feeling has always been that Jon keeps his own counsel, doesn't need a 'friend' on the road or in the band; The Stones aren't like that. Mick and Charlie get on very well, Ronnie and Keith are great friends when they are out on the road. I do get the idea that the backing band, Bon Jovi travel separately but enjoy each other's company, whereas Jon just keeps himself to himself. It's work and there's no downtime for him.

I think he would be the last person to call Richie and check on him because he is keeping the juggernaut moving. Richie knows that and it's not a problem because this guy is his boss, his work compadre but they are not the 'pairing' that the Bon Jovi brand have sold them as, over the years.

I still say that the most likely thing here is that Richie, like on his tour last year when he 'blew his throat' is feeling a little fragile, the demons are circling and although he hasn't fallen off the wagon, being on the road is just not the place to be, so he's taking some time to make sure his head is straight. Being an addict, he will know when to walk away from situations and I think that's what he's done here. This explains why Jon seems equal parts sympathetic and pissed off.

Lisa71 04-07-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

I could be the only one here but I honestly don't even think that Jon said this quote. I just think it's made up. It brings nothing new. We all know they got the call on Tuesday at 3:30, We all know he said he wouldn't be there. We all know it's personal. We could have made up this quote ourselves. The only thing that is new is the not talking to each other and don't believe TMZ but again we have even said that ourselves and even Matt said don't believe TMZ. So it could be a quote put together by the reporter.

The rest of the interview doesn't even address the issue, no other questions? no when he is back? I think this interview was done before this incident but they just added in that paragraph. It doesn't even blend in with the rest of the interview. It looks so out of place.

dianebonjovi 04-07-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1120489)
We can come up with so many reasons which at the end of the day is neither here or there but there could be a reason for this. It just happened on Tuesday, since then there has been 3 shows to perform, bring in a guitar player etc etc also Richie could have said not to contact him, who knows.

And, of course, my initial assumption was that the interview was done yesterday, but it could have been done a few days ago, anytime after the TMZ report really. Nevertheless at the time of the interview, they hadn't spoken, and the 3:30 pm call to Jon was not from Richie, which in itself suggests a lack of communication.

CKatz 04-07-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1120495)
I could be the only one here but I honestly don't even think that Jon said this quote. I just think it's made up. It brings nothing new. We all know they got the call on Tuesday at 3:30, We all know he said he wouldn't be there. We all know it's personal. We could have made up this quote ourselves. The only thing that is new is the not talking to each other and don't believe TMZ but again we have even said that ourselves and even Matt said don't believe TMZ. So it could be a quote put together by the reporter.

The rest of the interview doesn't even address the issue, no other questions? no when he is back? I think this interview was done before this incident but they just added in that paragraph. It doesn't even blend in with the rest of the interview. It looks so out of place.

Interesting theory. It wouldn't be the first time reporters make up quotes.