Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 04-03-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1119442)
I knew those stupid signs would be the end of this band!!

TEAM RICHIE signs out in force then...

nikos greece 04-03-2013 08:50 PM

really heartbreaking news...both richie and jon made "sambora" replacable the last years...it will never be the sam if he leaves but the last years its more and more about jon, what songs he prefers, what priorites he has...by the looks of it there are only 2 obvious options right now...
1.richie relapsed and went back in rehab, he hasnt tweeted anything, maybe its just for precaution, who knows? addictions are hard but he lets down the band one again and becomes a liability...noone else but him misses shows...i admire jon for dont giving up, its a lose lose situation and everyone involved looks unprofessional...
2. richie decided he wanted a break from the band...unfortunately it looks possible right now even if some years back this would seem as a joke...jon is a smart man and businessman and wouldnt show his dissapointment and anger publicly if he thought things could change and save the tour...

as a whole, from the twitter etc nothing disastrous happen, it looks like it was richies decision, its sad that a band of their status hurts their image with things like these...the tour looked good and they have some big shows in front of them, especially in europe...

as for the edge comment, it was really funny but the truth is u2 would cancel. edge is inreplacable, while richie nowdays is not, he chooses to play powerchords and simplistic solos, wan is an album where richie is only a guest...i also have to point out that jon forced bobby in the band for situations like these...it was obvious from the have a nice day tour...

ps.i hope they sort everything out, richie is healthy. and if this is a fight maybe there should be a conflict and some changes,..

StoneDeaf 04-03-2013 08:50 PM

Well if Mr. Sambora decides to quit, or just concentrate on matters that are more enjoyable to him... I'm sure there are plenty of country-oriented guitar players in USA available. Such player would even be more suitable to modern day Bon Jovi compared to a rock musician. It is hard to imagine him enjoying performing the recent stuff. Less/no solos, and pointless 2nd guitar player on stage.

Face it, Bon Jovi is done. All hail Jon & countryboys.

joloriquelme 04-03-2013 08:50 PM

Or... another theory.

JBJ put a decision over Richie seeing lack of interest:

a) Tour and promote the band's album, or
b) Get off the bus and promote your own solo project

RS overreacted (or maybe not) and choose B. Eventually, the band will announce that all the tour (including Euro) will be without RS.

Maybe even Jon aceppted so they're on armony, but with 'temporary' separated ways.

Cheers.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 08:56 PM

Money??? Look how cheap they have been selling tickets at the last minute.... What's one of the first things you do if you don't make the money you want - you cut the pay of your staff.
Dave/Tico/Hugh wouldn't argue as they have no other avenues that can bring in high money
Richie on the other hand...........

As a non-Jovi friend of mine has just said - last minute decision not to play sounds more and more like an argument.
You don't make a decision to go to rehab a few hours before the gig - you do it the day before!

Supersonic 04-03-2013 08:57 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1119446)
Or... another theory.

RS overreacted (or maybe not) and choose B.

Cheers.

Yeah, or how about Richie left for personal reasons, no one has any ****ing idea why and all these theories about him leavin because he wasn't satisfied with the Bon Jovi machine are absolutely pointless?

http://bitsofwisdom.org/wp-content/u...mon-sense3.jpg

It's mind-boggling to see all these theories show up and people actually thinking they're really on to something.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

rightsideofwrong 04-03-2013 08:58 PM

If richie actually walked I'd assume there would be an announcement after the departing contract is finalized. That's still hard to believe though. Richie SEEMS more classy then to leave people and fans high and dry. Not fulfilling a commitment because he's unhappy with it wouldn't blow over well and people will sh** their pants if that's the case. In other news that masturbation / is there a dr in the house is easily the funniest thing I've ever read on here lmao.

nickolai 04-03-2013 09:00 PM

I think this will be the last time i will see Bon Jovi as a live act. At Villa Park, if Richie isn't there it wont be Bon Jovi. It'll be Jon, David, Tico, Hugh, Bobby and someone that will never be anyone close to Richie. I nearly had it 2 years ago and I'm probably going to get a Richie-less concert this time around.

Notr happenin' again. Bon Jovi are now too unreliable as a live act now. I dont mean to come over insensitive, Whatever is going on with Richie isn't his fault or anyone's fault and I wish him well in whatever he's going through. But as a fan it upsets me to see this happening again. I'm not angry or disappointed. I'm upset for me, the band and every Bon Jovi fan around the world.

bounce442 04-03-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joloriquelme (Post 1119446)
Or... another theory.

RS overreacted (or maybe not) and choose B. Eventually, the band will announce that all the tour (including Euro) will be without RS.

Maybe even Jon aceppted so they're on armony, but with 'temporary' separated ways.

Cheers.

I think the theory of Jon telling Richie to focus is ridiculous. The contest is just a contest to promote a small indie release that is absolutely no threat to Bon Jovi. The video promoting the contest took all of 5 minutes... it is not like all of his attention is going toward his solo effort.
The one show I have seen this tour, Richie nailed it. He was probably the best I have ever seen him. For the same reason, I find it hard to believe he has relapsed. But I don't know.

nikos greece 04-03-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1119448)
Aloha !

Yeah, or how about Richie left for personal reasons, no one has any ****ing idea why and all these theories about him leavin because he wasn't satisfied with the Bon Jovi machine are absolutely pointless?

http://bitsofwisdom.org/wp-content/u...mon-sense3.jpg

It's mind-boggling to see all these theories show up and people actually thinking they're really on to something.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

i agree that the speculations dont help but its sad news and the band is annoyingly enigmatic and silent so all of us come up with scenarios...