Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RonJovi 04-30-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1125936)
It's a real shame this happened in their 30th anniversary year. I am currently drowning my sorrows in a big vat of ice cream. If I have to buy fat clothes I will send the bill to Richie Sambora. :(

Yeah I've hit the hookers and cocaine hard since the news broke. Can you send me Richie's address so I can send him the bill?

This will take quite a bit of getting over too....

aljo 04-30-2013 10:51 PM

When Richie cancelled his NY concert at Best Buy I was devastated. Don't want to sound over dramatic but I had some personal stuff going on and was looking so forward to seeing him. When he cancelled, I couldn't listen to his cd for quite a while and I literally felt like I was in mourning.

Also got screwed at Nassau Colisseum, Richie was missing and it definitely wasn't the same. I am going to have a positive attitude and hope he comes back for Jersey and if not, I will have a blast no matter what. I'm done with this band screwing with my emotions.

Wasn't Richie in Hawaii right before the tour started again with Ava? What if Ava told Richie that she wanted him to be with her; she missed him etc etc and Richie seeing what happened to Jon's daughter maybe felt screw it all, I'm staying with my daughter, she's at an impressionable age and needs me. Just another theory, not saying it's right but if he's not sick, not fighting with Jon and it's not about money then maybe it's about being there for his daughter.

samboraisgodUK 04-30-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1125935)
My "perspective" is that with tickets, hotels and travel, we've spent £1000 on a busted flush. Now, £1000 is a LOT of money to me. We could have had a nice holiday for that kind of money, but decided to do a handful of gigs instead. You know, hit the road and follow the band around, make something of it.

Now it works like this. I've loved Bon Jovi since I was a kid, but it was all about Richie for me. I 'converted' the missus a couple of years ago, but she's more of a Jon fan. Even she though, gets where the magic comes from. The Jon & Richie chemistry.

So she's quite disappointed. I'm devastated. We'll still go to the gigs (so we don't lose any money as much as anything!) but right now I honestly cannot see how I'm going to enjoy them- Richie is THE reason I really got this band. Maybe I'll have a good time. Maybe Phil X or whoever is in place might win me over. I can't help feeling though that my summer/holiday plans are potentially ruined. I work hard in a stressful job, so my holidays are important to me. I look forward to getting away from it and really enjoying myself. I'm now in a situation where I'm struggling to look forward to it. Maybe next year eh?

Now that's just my story. There are thousands more folk with their own. Thousands of people now facing up to a major disappointment. Maybe to you, it's "some gig", but to a lot of folk that gig was a real highlight for them. See, that's the beauty of music. It means something to people. And often the people behind the music mean something to people. It can be a really important thing in people's lives. Take that away from them, and it causes a lot of hurt.

Now, if It is something bad, no one will blame Richie for pulling out. Most of us will wish him well, and try to be supportive. We care. We have invested a lot in him. Emotionally invested, which leads lots of us to financially invest in him too. I can't argue that money is as important as his health, but that money was a big outlay for me, and I can't help feel aggrieved that I'm not getting what I paid for. Which adds to the fact I'm upset that I won't be seeing MY Bon Jovi. Like a lot of people won't see THEIR Bon Jovi. So when thousands of people are in this same position, I think they have a "right" for information. We don't need the gory details, but we need more than "it's a secret so we're no telling you." He may have a "right" to privacy, but in his position he needs to show his fans a little respect and give them a little clarity. It's the "right" thing to do...

Post of the year. Exactly my feelings too.

Lisa71 04-30-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1125936)
It's a real shame this happened in their 30th anniversary year. I am currently drowning my sorrows in a big vat of ice cream. If I have to buy fat clothes I will send the bill to Richie Sambora. :(

That was my thought too. Who would have guess this is how we would be celebrating Bon Jovi's 30th Anniversary!! It's all ****ed up.

They are still using the personal reasons excuse? what kind of personal reason is there? his not sick, it's not ego? we've covered a pet dying. WTF is it? In a normal situation, personal reason for anyone missing work is sickness or family issues. From everything that we have seen from Ava, family seems OK. Is it his Mum? but then again, I don't think so. I'm sure his loves his Mum but he would give her the best possible medical care, check up on her constantly via phone and still come and do the shows. I don't think he would cancel the shows, to sit by is Mother's side. His father was sick and he still toured.

It will be so interesting to see how the reaction and the shows are in Europe. I don't think there is going to be a mass exodus of people not turning up. The reaction might be shows were great but not the same without Richie.

It's going to be sad to see Jon do the one man guitar salute at the end of Wanted.

Yvonne 04-30-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1125944)
It's going to be sad to see Jon do the one man guitar salute at the end of Wanted.

Watched this on youtube and its quite sad to see Jon there by himself..

ezearis 04-30-2013 10:57 PM

Solid Sambora's post is exactly what I think. Jon and Richie should read it.

nickolai 04-30-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1125912)
You'd take sex change to Rachel Sambora though? :p

Hahaha! Well....yes. Because Rachael Sambora would still be the king of swing, the king of cool and still be....Richie.

WillRunForChocolate 04-30-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1125886)
To all those stuck with tickets, who are frustrated, I understand. Keep your expectations low... but go.

I have no regrets about my show this tour without Richie (Dallas)... and Richie is 50% of BJ to me. If Richie had been there, it'd been my favorite show to date. It most likely will be the best Jon Bon Jovi show you've ever seen.

I have to agree. I missed Richie for my two shows this tour, but still had an amazing concert experience. It's obviously not the same, but Jon and the guys put on a heck of a show.

Ruggy 04-30-2013 11:05 PM

I just watched the entire Vegas show on You Tube and Phil is doing fine. Having watched that, I realised if Phil is playing I am going to miss Richie's vocals more than I will miss his guitar.

The man is a better singer than the CEO.

alonso14 04-30-2013 11:07 PM

This moment, with Richie's backing vocals, is the killer tbh. Damn.