Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie fans made a tribute song and it's cool! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68838)

MrIks from Finland 12-28-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1184233)
Now, as John L. sang: "so this is Xmas... and what have you done?"

I've done lots of things. And if you mean have I made any music, yes. And while you seem to be interested, here's a link (expecting some thrash talk in few hours.)
https://soundcloud.com/zebra-band

rolo_tomachi 12-28-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1184251)
He said:
"It's people like you that keep me wanting to continue and get better and better"
Which means exactly that he wants to try harder and harder... And you know it. What is your problem with this?

It's not about that. Is not about composition or writting of song. It's the message of love than make the fans to him. That simple.

Old Joysey 12-28-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1184251)
He said:
"It's people like you that keep me wanting to continue and get better and better"
Which means exactly that he wants to try harder and harder... And you know it. What is your problem with this?

My problem with this is that "to continue and get better and better" (1) is not synonymous with "to try harder and harder" (2). I quit teaching languages and literature years ago and I'm not here to give lessons anyway but, to put it in a nutshell I'll just say that (1) roughly means, "I'm good already but I can get better because no matter how good you are you can always get better" (= positive thinking and humility) whereas (2) implies, "I know I suck but if I try hard enough I might be good someday" (inferiority complex).

Old Joysey 12-28-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1184252)
I've done lots of things. And if you mean have I made any music, yes. And while you seem to be interested, here's a link (expecting some thrash talk in few hours.)
https://soundcloud.com/zebra-band

No, I absolutely don't care about you, it was a rhetorical question.
And if you're so proud of what you've done, why don't you upload it and market it?

Let me put it this way one last time in case you haven't bothered to read the explanation underneath the YT vid: this thread is about a bunch of fans living in different countries who got in touch through Richie's cover song contest. Valentin won Richie's 2 electric guitars + a couple of other things and a trip to NYC to meet the cool cat in the flesh. Then he decided to do something to thank Richie, he chose to write a song and perform it with some of the other contestants via the internet, they never met and played together in the same room.

As I said before and as rolo_tomachi said too, it's not about songwriting and singing, it's a message of love from some fans to their idol, why can't you understand? They're not a tribute band, they're not trying to make a living out of it (the Bounce guys ARE a German tribute band though), it's obviously a selfless piece of work, that's all.

PS: one of the lead gtr players is one of the Italian guys who organized the fans choregraphy in Udine and Milan. They spent an awful amount of time and money to do so, if that is not dedication, then what is???
http://youtu.be/AcR032N_9kI

MrIks from Finland 12-28-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1184255)
And if you're so proud of what you've done, why don't you upload it and market it?

Let me put it this way one last time in case you haven't bothered to read the explanation underneath the YT vid: this thread is about a bunch of fans living in different countries who got in touch through Richie's cover song contest. Valentin won Richie's 2 electric guitars + a couple of other things and a trip to NYC to meet the cool cat in the flesh. Then he decided to do something to thank Richie, he chose to write a song and perform it with some of the other contestants via the internet, they never met and played together in the same room.

As I said before and as rolo_tomachi said too, it's not about songwriting and singing, it's a message of love from some fans to their idol, why can't you understand? They're not a tribute band, they're not trying to make a living out of it (the Bounce guys ARE a German tribute band though), it's obviously a selfless piece of work, that's all.

PS: one of the lead gtr players is one of the Italian guys who organized the fans choregraphy in Udine and Milan. They spent an awful amount of time and money to do so, if that is not dedication, then what is???
http://youtu.be/AcR032N_9kI

Ok, I don't know where to start. Lot of your writing has nothing to do with what I've written.

First of all, who said I'm particularly proud of what I've done or that I want to market my music? You were the one who asked about what I've done (rhetoric or not).

Second of all, I knew very well about Richies competition and the guy who made the video was the winner of it.

Third of all, I know it's a tribute and a message of love from the fans but it is still IN MY OPINION cheezy, tacky and embarassing as hell. I don't care who made it, it doesn't change my opinion about the content of the video.

And last, what the hell has it to do with me what you wrote: "one of the lead gtr players is one of the Italian guys who organized the fans choregraphy in Udine and Milan. They spent an awful amount of time and money to do so, if that is not dedication, then what is???"

I haven't said anything about anybody's dedications. I don't care if the video was made by Ava Sambora, Richie himself or Paul Mccartney, it's hidious.

So if you don't have anything else to do than argue, at least have some point and don't put words in my mouth.

Here's a good the Beatles tribute song written by a fan. This one sounds like it could have been written by adults and the Sambora tribute sounds like it was written by 12 years old girl.

But hey, that it is just my opinion, in case you want to teach me again.

rolo_tomachi 12-28-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1184256)
Ok, I don't know where to start. Lot of your writing has nothing to do with what I've written.

First of all, who said I'm particularly proud of what I've done or that I want to market my music? You were the one who asked about what I've done (rhetoric or not).

Second of all, I knew very well about Richies competition and the guy who made the video was the winner of it.

Third of all, I know it's a tribute and a message of love from the fans but it is still IN MY OPINION cheezy, tacky and embarassing as hell. I don't care who made it, it doesn't change my opinion about the content of the video.

And last, what the hell has it to do with me what you wrote: "one of the lead gtr players is one of the Italian guys who organized the fans choregraphy in Udine and Milan. They spent an awful amount of time and money to do so, if that is not dedication, then what is???"

I haven't said anything about anybody's dedications. I don't care if the video was made by Ava Sambora, Richie himself or Paul Mccartney, it's hidious.

So if you don't have anything else to do than argue, at least have some point and don't put words in my mouth.

Here's a good the Beatles tribute song written by a fan. This one sounds like it could have been written by adults and the Sambora tribute sounds like it was written by 12 years old girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE24Igdkivk

But hey, that it is just my opinion, in case you want to teach me again.

There is no problem with this, is your opinion about it. And I agree in part.

but this ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1184223)
Wow! That is one tough piece of horse shit! And Richie said the people who made it make Richie try harder and harder. If this tells anything about the taste of music of Richie's fans, Richie can stop trying. This bunch of losers will lick his butthole anyways.

It's just disrespectful and you have not understood Richie's words. So you sound hostile and a little stupid. We all know that the song is cheesy as hell (including the thoughts of Richie) we all know that is not very good, but is made from the heart, in good faith. The Beatles fan will have more talent, but Richie's fans have the same love for his idol. Do not be so hard ****.

Old Joysey 12-28-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1184256)
... and don't put words in my mouth.

You're really a funny guy! (<==sarcasm) YOU put words in my mouth (and mind) and aggressed me with your:
"Which means exactly that he wants to try harder and harder... And you know it. What is your problem with this?"
that's why I replied to you. Because no, that's NOT what I know, stop thinking and writing that you know what I and other people think, it's arrogant and stupid. Are you a kid or an adult?

Now here's my last comment about it all because I'm obviously wasting my time:
- it's NOT about you and this thread is NOT about you either
- you really need to check the words "rhetorical question", "in case (you haven't bothered to...)" and "PS" in a dictionary
- you're perfectly entitled to express your opinion as anyone else over here but you could do so without insulting people and being aggressive and, most of all, without changing other people's words/comments, which is the main reason for my posting. Is it too much to ask for?
But since you refuse to understand and call my trying to right a wrong "arguing"... Peace, brother and have a nice day!

EDIT: gimme 5, rolo_tomachi! We're saying the same thing but you were faster!

MrIks from Finland 12-28-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1184258)
Do not be so hard ****.

It was a bit harsh, I admit that.

rolo_tomachi 12-28-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1184260)

EDIT: gimme 5, rolo_tomachi! We're saying the same thing but you were faster!

http://img.pandawhale.com/92131-I-fe...d-gif-26ny.gif

MrIks from Finland 12-28-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

- it's NOT about you and this thread is NOT about you either

Was that an answer to my question? If the dedication has nothing to do with me, then why are writing about it to me as if I had said something about it? If you make up stuff and throw it at me, then it's about me.

Quote:

- you're perfectly entitled to express your opinion as anyone else over here but you could do so without insulting people and being aggressive and, most of all, without changing other people's words/comments, which is the main reason for my posting. Is it too much to ask for?

You are the one who is putting words in my mouth and writing about stuff that has nothing to do with my writings.

If the fact that I was saying that "try to get better and better" and "try harder and harder" meant the same is unacceptable for you, then I'm truly sorry