Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 05-20-2014 08:20 PM

I see the dark-side is starting to emerge here.

First off, lets just start with cost. 90% of the people here who are already complaining, are the ones who plan on ripping this off. With that said, they are going to cut costs because they know all you greedy bastards are going to steal this and prevent other cool releases anyway. If you people actually did purchase the material, maybe they would put some addition costs into it. And without listening to it or seeing the booklet, you don't even know what to expect yet anyway.

Second, this is exactly what everyone wanted and cried about when the 100M fans was released. They didn't get the songs that were already released. aka the NJ Demos. That's all I read about back then. Cry Cry Cry.

Third, they are not going to empty out the entire vault. They are going to save songs for future projects and perhaps another bot set in the future.

Forth, we don't know if other NJ songs do exist in such a quality to be released anyway.

Fifth, there are some nice surprises such as House Of Fire / Diamond Ring / Full Moon / Etc...

Sixth, these are demos that were never produced. Beside correcting the speeds and removing the hisses, I wouldn't expect much more from Obie but that's okay. I appreciate the rawness as a die-hard fan.

Seventh, they did get it right. All these other requests about these live shows have nothing to do with the album NEW JERSEY! This is an awesome bundle of HQ video and sound. There is already so much live shit out there from this period already, why would you possibly want more. Better Sound? Sure, lets start with the demos first... Hey, it's better then them taking all the live performance from the past 10 years and including that as the bonus disk.

Yes, this is a nice improved bundle of the intended original album plus its video releases. It's not the next box set of unreleased material. I think it's ****ing awesome.

Sure there are a few more that I wanted included but then again, they probably had to cut cost because of illegal downloading. Basically what Seb said he was going to do so thank him for Cadillac Man not being included.

Rdkopper 05-20-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176754)
I'm not complaining, I just don't trust Obie, and likely not be as great as it looks.

If these songs have great sound as We Rule The Night and Out Of Bounds, successfully fulfilled one of my dreams.

Trust him with what? He's got a whole team over there sitting in front of computers correcting the sound the best they can. They have the original demos, not the shit we have. They are not produced. There is not much he could do.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176756)

First off, lets just start with cost. 90% of the people here who are already complaining, are the ones who plan on ripping this off. With that said, they are going to cut costs because they know all you greedy bastards are going to steal this and prevent other cool releases anyway. If you people actually did purchase the material, maybe they would put some addition costs into it. And without listening to it or seeing the booklet, you don't even know what to expect yet anyway.

Second, this is exactly what everyone wanted and cried about when the 100M fans was released. They didn't get the songs that were already released. aka the NJ Demos. That's all I read about back then. Cry Cry Cry.

Third, they are not going to empty out the entire vault. They are going to save songs for future projects and perhaps another bot set in the future.

Forth, we don't know if other NJ songs do exist in such a quality to be released anyway.

Fifth, there are some nice surprises such as House Of Fire / Diamond Ring / Full Moon / Etc...

Sixth, these are demos that were never produced. Beside correcting the speeds and removing the hisses, I wouldn't expect much more from Obie but that's okay. I appreciate the rawness as a die-hard fan.

Seventh, they did get it right. All these other requests about these live shows have nothing to do with the album NEW JERSEY! This is an awesome bundle of HQ video and sound. There is already so much live shit out there from this period already, why would you possibly want more. Better Sound? Sure, lets start with the demos first... Hey, it's better then them taking all the live performance from the past 10 years and including that as the bonus disk.

Yes, this is a nice improved bundle of the intended original album plus its video releases. It's not the next box set of unreleased material. I think it's ****ing awesome.

Sure there are a few more that I wanted included but then again, they probably had to cut cost because of illegal downloading. Basically what Seb said he was going to do so thank him for Cadillac Man not being included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176757)
Trust him with what? He's got a whole team over there sitting in front of computers correcting the sound the best they can. They have the original demos, not the shit we have. They are not produced. There is not much he could do.

You are absolutely right.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Qa6dMpG0Bv..._thumbs_up.jpg

But ... It is a band of 30 years for the love of god. I think I'll die of cancer or old age before of the release of the songs and concerts I would like to hear with good quality.

By the way, I'm not greedy, I have 3 copies of new jersey, 4 copies of SWW, and the other albums by duplicate because of the special editions 2010.

Dave88 05-20-2014 09:18 PM

As far as I know, a proper studio version of Cadillac Man does not even exist. Might be wrong though.

Anyway, I loved this part: :D
Quote:

More 30th Anniversary commemorative titles, including newly-compiled collections of studio and live recordings, are scheduled for release this year.

Simon 05-20-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1176741)
Aloha !

It's as if they carefully looked what had already been leaked, just so no one would get anything they didn't have yet. Everything's already out there, albeit some of it probably in inferior quality. That said, considering how sterile the demo of Prayer suddenly sounded, it wouldn't surprise me if Obie mixed the life out of these demo's as well so they'd sound crystal clear, yet rather dead. The idea of having the full Sons of Beaches sessions sounds great, but it looks like it'll always be just that considering how half of it is missing.

That's what I'm afraid of too, that Obie ****s it up. But I don't have one of these unreleased songs in great Quality, just shitty bootlegs that show you just enough that the songs are great, but are no fun to listen to. So this is what I've wanted for years. Since the boxset at least. So I'm looking forward to it! I'd preferred it to be just another boxset without the initial album being released again, but in a way it makes sense this way...

IML88 05-20-2014 10:05 PM

I think this is good. Yes there are alot of tracks already in circulation but I think we have to be realistic about what is in the vault that is considered worthy enough for release. Both in terms of the recording quality and the actual song quality! At the very least it will be good to have these songs polished and presented professionally instead of a youtube rip/mp3.

House of Fire is quite the surprise and gives me hope for the next album they give this treatment too.

Whilst I really do get the appetite for a full length concert from this era, I think the fact that the press release says "new collections of studio and live recordings" means they are likely holding footage back for another project. I'd love a Live Collection type package, the best performances of songs throughout the 30 years - Blu-ray and CD.

All in I think this is a nice way to celebrate the anniversary, something for the fans and i'm looking forward to the rest of the releases they have planned. I'll be picking up the 2CD/DVD version for sure.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IML88 (Post 1176765)
I think this is good. Yes there are alot of tracks already in circulation but I think we have to be realistic about what is in the vault that is considered worthy enough for release. Both in terms of the recording quality and the actual song quality! At the very least it will be good to have these songs polished and presented professionally instead of a youtube rip/mp3.

House of Fire is quite the surprise and gives me hope for the next album they give this treatment too.

Whilst I really do get the appetite for a full length concert from this era, I think the fact that the press release says "new collections of studio and live recordings" means they are likely holding footage back for another project. I'd love a Live Collection type package, the best performances of songs throughout the 30 years - Blu-ray and CD.

If the next deluxe editions are 2CD+DVD would be happy to buy every album, again.

All in I think this is a nice way to celebrate the anniversary, something for the fans and i'm looking forward to the rest of the releases they have planned. I'll be picking up the 2CD/DVD version for sure.

If the next deluxe editions are 2CD+DVD would be happy to buy every album, again.

Judgement Day
River Of Love (Full Moon High)
Gurouin Up The Hard Way
Love Hearts
Let's Make It Baby
Backdoor To Heaven
Now And Forever
Love is War
House of Fire
Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore
Diamond ring

11 Unreleased songs is sufficient good for me. But I need Cadillac Man damnit. I could settle for a live version from Hammersmith Odeon.

Pstmatt 05-20-2014 10:33 PM

What are the odds that AAA has been reformatted to 16:9 widescreen????? That would be cool! Doubt it though.

jessycardy 05-20-2014 10:45 PM

I'd like to know what the audio experts on this board think of the SHM-CD audio format. I've been reading a lot of bad reviews about it over the years, and I'm starting to wonder whether I did well buying the latest releases from Japan. Since I particularly care about this new package of material from the "New Jersey" era, I would like to know your opinion about this format.
The product's description specifically says the Japanese release won't differ in any way from the international edition, except for the SHM-CD format:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-76434

Thanks for your thoughts.

EDIT: The description also says: "Disc 1 includes the original album tracks with remastering in 2010". I don't know if the same goes for the international version.

ezearis 05-20-2014 11:23 PM

They should release Rosie also on the bonus disc. A big **** you to Richie and I could have that song. I like Jon's version more than Richie's.

Also sad that they didn't add the demo of Living In Sin, I really like that one. Still, with that tracklist I'm happy and I'll totally buy that.

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1176773)
They should release Rosie also on the bonus disc. A big **** you to Richie and I could have that song. I like Jon's version more than Richie's.

Richie's versión is better than Bon Jovi Demo. but I would have liked to include in this edition, along with "Cadillac Man" and "In America" though.

DryCounty 05-21-2014 12:57 AM

Don't care what som thinks here. I'm so insanely excited about this. To get the absolutely amazing NJ demos in nice quality is a dream come true. Can't wait!

SuperBrad 05-21-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1176784)
Don't care what som thinks here. I'm so insanely excited about this. To get the absolutely amazing NJ demos in nice quality is a dream come true. Can't wait!

Agreed ! And im even excited bout AAA . I havent watched it since i threw my video recorder away 15 years ago !

Alphavictim 05-21-2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176751)
Why Love is War in Disc 1?

Because it was previously released. The stuff on disc 2 was not.

I'm kinda wondering what they're gonna do for the other albums. How much unreleased (at least officially) stuff is left from the KTF sessions? They'd have a great DVD with An Evening With, but as for a second CD, is there really that much? Cadillac Man might fit this time around, but that's all I can think of.

Either way, if this one's reasonably priced, I'm in. There's some great stuff among the previously unreleased tracks. Just let's hope they improved the audio quality.

Dave 1986 05-21-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstmatt (Post 1176768)
What are the odds that AAA has been reformatted to 16:9 widescreen????? That would be cool! Doubt it though.

It would be cool IF AAA was originally shot in 16:9 (which I doubt it was) and NOT "cropped" from 4:3 to 16:9, which is basically chopping off about 15% of the top and bottom of the picture for the sake of fitting nicely onto a modern TV. I hate it when people do that. It is what it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1176769)
I'd like to know what the audio experts on this board think of the SHM-CD audio format. I've been reading a lot of bad reviews about it over the years, and I'm starting to wonder whether I did well buying the latest releases from Japan.

I wouldn't say I was an expert, but I have The Circle and What About Now in SHM-CD format from CDJapan and, whilst I don't have the regular CD's to compare them to, they're still overly loud and compressed just like most modern CD's so I doubt you'll gain anything ordering this from Japan. Unless Japan get an extra Super Deluxe Edition with an extra bonus CD of more rarities (like the Box Set did) then I'd save your money and get your home version.

I'm pre-ordering this and I'm perfectly happy with it's content. I have the New Jersey demos in very low quality but due to this, they never gave me any listening pleasure, so it would be great for me to rediscover them if they're being released to a studio-level standard if that makes any sense. Access All Areas and New Jersey: The Videos both hold importance for me in themselves as it's through those two videos I discovered the album and really became a fan back in 2001. I'd only owned Crush at that time, plus I'd downloaded a few other songs prior so I didn't really "get" the band at that point. Plus I'd been meaning to watch AAA again for quite a while now.

bjcrazycpa 05-21-2014 02:31 AM

Well, I pre-ordered it. :)

Bleeding Purist 05-21-2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pstmatt (Post 1176768)

No, that would be an abomination. As Dave said, unless it was actually shot in 16:9 back then, all you are doing is chopping off the top and bottom of the original video and zooming in. Releasing something like this officially is saying the audience is too retarded to know better. If you want to fill that wide screen up, put the DVD in and change the aspect ratio setting which varies from make to make. Pretty much every widescreen TV has this built in. No need to actually release it that way so those that just want the original footage preserved have to suffer so that the ignorant can think they are watching HD.

themusicuni 05-21-2014 03:24 AM

New Jersey Deluxe Edition/Super Deluxe Edition coming July 1

Bon Jovi announces plans for an extensive 30th Anniversary catalog campaign with Island/UMe. The initiative will launch with the July 1st release of the seminal album New Jersey in a remastered 1-CD and digital edition, a 2-CD and digital Deluxe Edition, and a 3-disc (2-CD/1-DVD) Super Deluxe Edition. More 30th Anniversary commemorative titles, including newly-compiled collections of studio and live recordings, will also be released this year.

http://themusicuniverse.com/bon-jovi...aign-reissues/

powernoize 05-21-2014 05:19 AM

happened to come across this:

Bon Jovi RadioOnline ‏@RadioBonJovi 6h
Don't miss an exclusive interview with Obie O'Brien on Bon Jovi Radio talking about next releases! Next friday 10 PM (Argentina)
bonjoviradio.blogspot.com

in addition, this comment was posted on a Facebook page affiliated with the above blog...translated with bing

Obie told about Jon and I were working on the special dvd about the 30 years and the 2013 tour... . the idea was to take the filming of the concert in Australia... where are the first rockers who have a star in the hall of Fame...Jon is also recording his new cd as soloist and preparing your tour for 2015... Bon jovi also will soon be news,... John just ended the tour said on the official page of Bon Jovi... we have many new products to offer...I'm dying to see them...This was one of them and there are more... Luckily we have Bon Jovi for many years... happy that so is...never hesitate... thank you for always being with the band

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1176720)
Full Moon High probably is what's currently circulated as River of Love..

It is.....

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 05:43 AM

This looks cool...

Also included is a 32-page booklet with rare images of the band from the New Jersey era, including never-before-seen photos from the making of the album; images and memorabilia from the mammoth 16-month, 26-country, 267-show New Jersey world tour; insider commentary on the bonus tracks and much more.

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 05:57 AM

Here you go! Sounds cool so hold all complaints until the end please.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...issue-20140520

Bon Jovi Celebrate Three Decades With Extensive 'New Jersey' Reissue
It's the first of several commemorative releases the band will put out this year

they've promised to release more 30th anniversary material this year, including new collections of studio and live recordings.
[/COLOR]

It's my faith 05-21-2014 08:15 AM

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh....php?p=1176773

danfan 05-21-2014 11:14 AM

Eh, sounds cool. Be interesting to hear a song like Does Anybody.....to see if there was a more polished version. The demo of that song had great potential, but was the definition of demo. Be cool to get a proper recording of Love Is War. Not sure what the point of Homebound Train and Wild Is The Wind demos, but whatever. I'll take it.

SuperBrad 05-21-2014 11:54 AM

There already is a proper recording of Love is war on the living in sin 12"

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176797)

Bon Jovi Celebrate Three Decades With Extensive 'New Jersey' Reissue
It's the first of several commemorative releases the band will put out this year

they've promised to release more 30th anniversary material this year, including new collections of studio and live recordings.

YEAH!!! New Jersey Super Deluxe Edition seems to be just the beginning of things to come.

yomamasofat 05-21-2014 12:21 PM

This NJ re-release will be their greatest release since Crossroad.

angelsambo 05-21-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powernoize (Post 1176794)
happened to come across this:

Bon Jovi RadioOnline ‏@RadioBonJovi 6h
Don't miss an exclusive interview with Obie O'Brien on Bon Jovi Radio talking about next releases! Next friday 10 PM (Argentina)
bonjoviradio.blogspot.com

in addition, this comment was posted on a Facebook page affiliated with the above blog...translated with bing

Obie told about Jon and I were working on the special dvd about the 30 years and the 2013 tour... . the idea was to take the filming of the concert in Australia... where are the first rockers who have a star in the hall of Fame...Jon is also recording his new cd as soloist and preparing your tour for 2015... Bon jovi also will soon be news,... John just ended the tour said on the official page of Bon Jovi... we have many new products to offer...I'm dying to see them...This was one of them and there are more... Luckily we have Bon Jovi for many years... happy that so is...never hesitate... thank you for always being with the band

Very interesting

Bounce7800 05-21-2014 12:52 PM

Looking better the more info that comes out, especially the likelihood of other albums getting the same treatment.

danfan 05-21-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1176803)
There already is a proper recording of Love is war on the living in sin 12"

Is it remastered?

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176786)
Because it was previously released. The stuff on disc 2 was not.

I'm kinda wondering what they're gonna do for the other albums. How much unreleased (at least officially) stuff is left from the KTF sessions? They'd have a great DVD with An Evening With, but as for a second CD, is there really that much? Cadillac Man might fit this time around, but that's all I can think of.

Either way, if this one's reasonably priced, I'm in. There's some great stuff among the previously unreleased tracks. Just let's hope they improved the audio quality.

Well, about a possible KTF Deluxe Edition, probably Save a Prayer, Starting All Over Again and I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas as Bonus Track for Disc 1. About Disc 2, would be interesting with All Wound Up, Skin Deep, Water Into Wine, Love is Just Another, The Sole Of Truth, Fields Of Fire (different take), Revenge (Keep The Faith Demo), Dry County (Demo), The Radio Saved my Life Tonight (different take), and Cadillac Man. Could also include some live tracks from KTF Tour as Bed Of Roses (Electric Version) and IF I Was Your Mother. DVD: An Evening With Bon Jovi is a great option.

kleman 05-21-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176814)
Well, about a possible KTF Deluxe Edition, probably Save a Prayer, Starting All Over Again and I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas as Bonus Track for Disc 1. About Disc 2, would be interesting with All Wound Up, Skin Deep, Water Into Wine, Love is Just Another, The Sole Of Truth, Fields Of Fire (different take), Revenge (Keep The Faith Demo), Dry County (Demo), The Radio Saved my Life Tonight (different take), and Cadillac Man. Could also include some live tracks from KTF Tour as Bed Of Roses (Electric Version) and IF I Was Your Mother. DVD: An Evening With Bon Jovi is a great option.

Rolo, that would be even better than everything from 86-90 era except Odeon concert...sory i'm the KTF kid :p

life_of_agony 05-21-2014 02:17 PM

This is the first time I have been excited about a Bon Jovi release in ages and I can't wait to get Access All Areas on DVD. I bought it on VHS twice as I completely buggered the first one from playing it that often. I reckon I know it off by heart.

faith1985 05-21-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176756)

I agree with you on most parts. Finally something to get excited about. And NJ won't be the only record which will get a 'special treatment' (hopefully).

Alphavictim 05-21-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176814)

Do we even know for sure if any of these demos exist? Revenge might have been the title of an early version of KTF, but I'm not so sure it ever was recorded as such. The same goes for Water Into Wine.

prayer_84 05-21-2014 02:28 PM

Excellent news, really! Already pre-ordered from Amazon UK. I can't wait to see what else the band has in store for the 30th anniversary. Bring it on!

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176818)
Do we even know for sure if any of these demos exist? Revenge might have been the title of an early version of KTF, but I'm not so sure it ever was recorded as such. The same goes for Water Into Wine.

I'm just guessing, is more a wish than a reality. But there are some interesting about sessions facts that were published in some magazines of the time.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/s0ymqb.jpg

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 03:29 PM

I haven't been this excited about this band probably since the last box set in 2004.

Confirmed:

- NJ Deluxe Box
- Richie's Solo Album

Predictions - Rumors:
- Rumor has it Jon is working on a Solo album - Obie to confirm next week
- Looks like some sort of live DVD might be in the works - Current time tours
- More future Deluxe releases:
- KTF - I'm sure there will be songs recycled from the last box (which people will complain about) but there should be additions too - Again, a proper KTF Box. An Evening with Bon Jovi and KTF the Videos.
- Sex Sells - There are still a handful of song titles we've never heard.
- SWW - Still a handful of demos that need a proper release.

Unlike the first time around, were Obie ignored everything in cyberspace, it looks like the opposite is going to happen this round. The Bon Jovi management camp aren't stupid. I'm sure they know everything that's out there. esp what's on YouTube. I'm sure they also read comments, of which most are positive.

I think this is the way they need to do it. I don't think a second box set with everything on it would fly. They are spreading it out by mixing it in with other releases.

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176821)
I haven't been this excited about this band probably since the last box set in 2004.

Confirmed:

- NJ Deluxe Box
- Richie's Solo Album

Predictions - Rumors:
- Rumor has it Jon is working on a Solo album - Obie to confirm next week
- Looks like some sort of live DVD might be in the works - Current time tours
- More future Deluxe releases:
- KTF - I'm sure there will be songs recycled from the last box (which people will complain about) but there should be additions too - Again, a proper KTF Box. An Evening with Bon Jovi and KTF the Videos.
- Sex Sells - There are still a handful of song titles we've never heard.
- SWW - Still a handful of demos that need a proper release.

Unlike the first time around, were Obie ignored everything in cyberspace, it looks like the opposite is going to happen this round. The Bon Jovi management camp aren't stupid. I'm sure they know everything that's out there. esp what's on YouTube. I'm sure they also read comments, of which most are positive.

I think this is the way they need to do it. I don't think a second box set with everything on it would fly. They are spreading it out by mixing it in with other releases.

It would be interesting to put songs like Nothing, but I'm not sure That All albums are going in deluxe edition. We need a detailed statement of these releases.

steel_horse75 05-21-2014 04:48 PM

I have most of the unrelease tracks on official Bon Jovi releases so how can they say unrealeased.