Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Dave 1986 03-01-2009 02:22 PM

I don't think Euphoria (or Slang for that matter) need the remastering treatment so much as CD's mastered from the mid 90's onward generally sound fine. I'd only really want deluxe editions for those album for the b-sides more than anything.

I think the only Leppard albums that truely need remastering are On Though The Night up to Adrenalize, or maybe Retro Active.

Much like BP, I'm only after Adrenalize for the b-sides and maybe they'll include the original demo version of When Love And Hate Collide as that was originally recorded for the album and was the last ever recording with Steve Clark.

BonJovi1988-1992Mark 03-01-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 909546)
I don't if Euphoria (or Slang for that matter) need the remastering treatment so much as CD's mastered from the mid 90's onward generally sound fine. I'd only really want deluxe editions for those album for the b-sides more than anything.

I think the only Leppard albums that truely need remastering are On Though The Night up to Adrenalize, or maybe Retro Active.

Much like BP, I'm only after Adrenalize for the b-sides and maybe they'll include the original demo version of When Love And Hate Collide as that was originally recorded for the album and was the last ever recording with Steve Clark.

Yes maybe,Though i'd still like some of the b-sides and Live preformances to.

Yes heard there versions of Tonight & When Love And Hate Colide with Clark = Very good.

Dave 1986 03-07-2009 02:18 PM

Little update on the Pyromania/Adrenalize remasters -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billboard
"In related news, this year will see re-mastered versions of the mega-hit records "Pyromania" and "Adrenalize." Elliot hopes to have them out before the summer. Both will contain a bonus disc of material; "Pyromania" will contain never heard before live recordings and "Adrenalize" will include a collection of b-sides that never made 1993's "Retro Active."

Got this from http://www.deflepparduk.com/newsfeb095.html.

Captain Walrus 03-07-2009 04:02 PM

Could give me an excuse to actually get around to getting Pyromania I guess

BonJovi1988-1992Mark 03-08-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 910490)
Little update on the Pyromania/Adrenalize remasters -

Got this from http://www.deflepparduk.com/newsfeb095.html.

Bet the demos for Adrenalize that did not make Retro-Active are the likes of:

Tonight,When Love And Hate Collide.

featuring Steve Clarke which most of us have probaly heard??(better than nothing though) , I would have prefer'd something from the 92/93 tour!!

Not Don Valley.But maybe a show which they played rare songs frm the Adrenalize album like Ottawa,Ontario Canada!!

Only time they've played I Wanna Touch U (Live)

Stut 03-08-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi1988-1992Mark (Post 910600)
Bet the demos for Adrenalize that did not make Retro-Active are the likes of:

Tonight,When Love And Hate Collide.

Well there never was a mention of them being demos. Only b-sides. So they´re probably those Hippies from Hell versions of Little Wing and You Can´t Always Get What You Want. From the Inside was already in Retro Active. Oh, and demo of Tonight was apparently a b-side as well.

Dave 1986 03-08-2009 06:07 PM

Yep, Tonight was a demo, included on some of its CD singles. I'm glad that (from the sounds of it) there won't be anything from Retro Active on there, cause it makes this worth buying and won't make RA obsolete.

This is what I reckon we will see on the Adrenalize remaster in terms of bonus tracks-

Miss You In A Heartbeat (Phil's demo) - originally Japanese bonus track
She's Too Tough (Joe's demo) - originally Japanese bonus track
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Little Wing
Women (live)
Too Late For Love (live)
Let's Get Rocked (live)
Elected (live) - or maybe not if this is the same as the Hysteria b-side
Now I'm Here (live)
Photograph (live)
Pour Some Sugar On Me (live)
Tonight (demo)
Two Steps Behind (original b-side version)
When Love And Hate Collide (demo)

Those are the b-sides I know of. Not a bad collection of songs, if perhaps a tad too much live stuff.

As for release dates, seeing as they're headlining Download, the albums will be released not too long before then.

yomamasofat 03-10-2009 08:55 AM

Can't wait until they are released!

Bleeding Purist 04-25-2009 09:38 PM

I figured they would probably go the LA Forum show route for the Pyromania bonus. This all seems fairly likely..except the LA show exceeds 90 minutes. It's going to have to have 10 minutes edited off.

Dave 1986 05-05-2009 04:29 PM

CONFIRMED by the bands official website...

https://web.archive.org/web/20090507...pard.com/news/

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefLeppard.com

PYROMANIA & ADRENALIZE Deluxe Editions in stores June 23rd
5/4/2009 10:54:52 AM | DEFLEPPARD.com

"NEW" RELEASES FEATURE 8 TOP 10 SINGLES, 4 #1S AND NEVER-BEFORE-RELEASED B-SIDES AND LIVE RECORDINGS

PRESS RELEASE Def Leppard, one of only five rock groups who can claim two separate original 10-million-plus selling albums, (as certified by the RIAA) are set to release Deluxe Editions of the classic albums "PYROMANIA" and "ADRENALIZE" (Bludgeon Riffola/Mercury/UMe) on June 23, 2009. The sets, which will feature B-sides and never-before-released live recordings, also boasts 9 Top 10 singles, including 4 #1s; "PHOTOGRAPH," "ROCK OF AGES," "LET'S GET ROCKED" and "STAND UP (KICK LOVE INTO MOTION)."

To coincide with the releases, Def Leppard will take to the road for the concert event of the summer, a 40-city tour that will kick off on June 23rd in Camden, New Jersey. The tour will include Poison and special guest Cheap Trick. Tickets available now at www.livenation.com.

http://www.defleppard.com/news/images/newsItem_174a.jpg

"PYROMANIA," Def Leppard's third album, sold over 10-million copies in the US alone. It received the RIAA's coveted Diamond Award certification and spawned 4 Top 10 hits including "TOO LATE FOR LOVE," "FOOLIN'," as well as "PHOTOGRAPH," and "ROCK OF AGES," both of which were #1 Rock tracks. The Deluxe Edition features a re-mastered version of the original album and a bonus disc of a previously unreleased 15-track show from The Forum in Los Angeles in 1983.

DISC ONE - PYROMANIA:
1. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop)
2. Photograph
3. Stagefright
4. Too Late For Love
5. Die Hard The Hunter
6. Foolin'
7. Rock Of Ages
8. Comin' Under Fire
9. Action! Not Words
10. Billy's Got A Gun

DISC TWO - LIVE LA FORUM 1983:
1. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop)
2. Rock Brigade
3. High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)
4. Another Hit And Run
5. Billy's Got A Gun
6. Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
7. Foolin'
8. Photograph
9. Rock Of Ages
10. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
11. Switch 625
12. Let It Go
13. Wasted
14. Stagefright
15. Travellin' Band

http://www.defleppard.com/news/images/newsItem_174b.jpg

"ADRENALIZE," Def Leppard's fifth studio album from 1992, debuted at #1 on both the US and UK album charts. It cemented the band as the dominant Arena Rock band and sold more then 7 million copies worldwide. It featured the hits "TONIGHT," "HAVE YOU EVER NEEDED SOMEONE SO BAD," "MAKE LOVE LIKE A MAN" and "LETS GET ROCKED" and "STAND UP (KICK LOVE INTO MOTION)," both of which hit #1. The Deluxe Edition features a remastered version of the original album with a bonus disc of rare, live, acoustic and demo versions.

DISC ONE:
1. Let's Get Rocked
2. Heaven Is
3. Make Love Like A Man
4. Tonight
5. White Lightning
6. Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion)
7. Personal Property
8. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
9. I Wanna Touch U
10. Tear It Down

DISC TWO:
1. Hysteria - In The Clubs In Your Face (Bonn 29/05/92)
2. Photograph - In The Clubs In Your Face
3. Pour Some Sugar On Me - In The Clubs In Your Face
4. Let's Get Rocked - In The Clubs In Your Face
5. You Can't Always Get What You Want - B-Side
6. Little Wing With Hothouse Flowers - B-Side
7. Tonight (Version 2-Demo Version) - B-Side
8. Now I'm Here (Live) - B-Side
9. Two Steps Behind (Acoustic) B-Side
10. Tonight (Acoustic) - B-Side
11. Too Late For Love (Live) - B-Side
12. Women (Live) - B-Side

Def Leppard, (Joe Elliott/vocals, Vivian Campbell/guitar, Phil Collen/guitar, Rick "Sav" Savage/bass and Rick Allen/drums) have sold more then 65 million albums since their debut in 1980. Over the course of their career, Def Leppard has produced a series of classic groundbreaking albums that set the sound for generations of music fans and artists. The group's spectacular live shows, filled with powerful melodic rock anthems, have become synonymous with their name and are an institution in the touring industry as they continue to sell out arenas worldwide. The band's most recent album "SONGS FROM THE SPARKLE LOUNGE" debuted last year at #5 on the Billboard Top 200; earning Def Leppard their highest-charting debut since their 1992 album "ADRENALIZE".

Both Deluxe Editions will feature deluxe digipak gatefold packaging with expanded booklets containing rare and previously unseen photographs, comprehensive sleeve-notes telling the story behind each album and include images of rare single covers and memorabilia from the period. Liner notes come from Rolling Stone's David Fricke.

Def Leppard received three first round CMT Award nominations earlier this week and are now scheduled to perform along with Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts and Toby Keith, on the "2009 CMT MUSIC AWARDS," which will premiere LIVE on Tuesday, June 16 at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT on CMT and CMT.com.

Bleeding Purist 05-13-2009 04:52 AM

I'm praying that they use the occasion of the remaster release of Pyromania along with the tour to release the full album on Rock Band, much like Pearl Jam did recently with Ten. Pyromania is one of those albums that really should be on there and as yet there is absolutely no Def Leppard on either GH World Tour or Rock Band.

I'll be more excited about getting to play Die Hard the Hunter, Billy's Got a Gun, or even Comin Under Fire over releasing Vault on these games. I wouldn't be nearly as excited about playing the songs on the greatest hits set.

Dave 1986 05-13-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 920766)
I'm praying that they use the occasion of the remaster release of Pyromania along with the tour to release the full album on Rock Band, much like Pearl Jam did recently with Ten. Pyromania is one of those albums that really should be on there and as yet there is absolutely no Def Leppard on either GH World Tour or Rock Band.

I'll be more excited about getting to play Die Hard the Hunter, Billy's Got a Gun, or even Comin Under Fire over releasing Vault on these games. I wouldn't be nearly as excited about playing the songs on the greatest hits set.

There was a Def Leppard song pack released sometime last year for Guitar Hero 3. It included Nine Lives, Photograph and Rock Of Ages. The last two being live versions from Don Valley 1993. There definately should be more Leppard on Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but I'm guessing if they did, they'd more likely go with Hysteria.

Bleeding Purist 05-13-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 920864)
There was a Def Leppard song pack released sometime last year for Guitar Hero 3. It included Nine Lives, Photograph and Rock Of Ages. The last two being live versions from Don Valley 1993. There definately should be more Leppard on Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but I'm guessing if they did, they'd more likely go with Hysteria.

I knew about those tracks, but they are Guitar Hero only and cannot be played with the full band set up.

They don't neccessarily go for what seems obvious with these releases, so I'm not sure Hysteria would be a given. Track for track, Pyromania would be far more fun and straightforward.

Dave 1986 05-14-2009 05:34 PM

I agree with what you say with Pyromania, but I think Hysteria would also be just as fun as each track would utilize every instrument really well.

I think that Guitar Hero 3 pack only just missed out on a full band treatment purely because it came out just before Rock Band, which I believe was the first game to include all instruments. Had they only waited a few months though...

Howver there has been somewhat of a resurgence in the bands popularity within the last year or so, with a new album and successful tour last year and headlining Download Festival this year, they should at least do a full greatest hits pack.

Captain Walrus 05-15-2009 01:14 AM

Playing drums to Def Leppard songs (from Hysteria onwards) could be interesting .....

Iceman 05-15-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 920960)
Playing drums to Def Leppard songs (from Hysteria onwards) could be interesting .....

They used machines on Pyromania as well. And the songs are not that easy to play.

Ice

Bleeding Purist 05-16-2009 12:54 AM

I'd prefer Hysteria over a Best Of/Vault. If they were to release the Best Of set as it is on the CD....I'd be pretty unexcited. Collectively those tracks do nothing for me. With Hysteria I'd have Women, the original Rocket, Gods of War, Don't Shoot Shotgun, Run Riot, and Excitable. That would make the singles shine better than they would on the Best Of Set.

If Motley Crue can have the entire Dr Feelgood album (which I rather enjoy playing She Goes Down and Kickstart My Heart), Def Leppard can have Pyromania and/or Hysteria.

Adrenalize need not be acknowledged as existing. Whey they are releasing that sh** platter remastered over High N Dry I'll never understand. The sales of that album were more due to the following they amassed with the previous two album rather than on it's own merit...precisely why their popularity went to sh** once everyone realized the album sucked.

Dave 1986 05-16-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 921084)
Adrenalize need not be acknowledged as existing. Whey they are releasing that sh** platter remastered over High N Dry I'll never understand. The sales of that album were more due to the following they amassed with the previous two album rather than on it's own merit...precisely why their popularity went to sh** once everyone realized the album sucked.

You pretty much answered your own question there. Sales over merit. High n' Dry may be a far better album, but Adrenalize had Let's Get Rocked and Make Love Like A Man - the songs their more remembered for. The band themselves still look back just as fondly on this album as they do Pyromania and Hysteria, and not the slightest bit concerned or embaressed about releasing such an album in 1992. Yet they still wonder why Slang suffered, overlooking the context, but that's another arguement altogether.

Bleeding Purist 05-16-2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 921097)
The band themselves still look back just as fondly on this album as they do Pyromania and Hysteria, and not the slightest bit concerned or embaressed about releasing such an album in 1992. Yet they still wonder why Slang suffered, overlooking the context, but that's another arguement altogether.

Actually, that is incorrect. The band is fully aware of what Adrenalize did to their longterm validity. To say they look back on Adrenalize fondly is a stretch. They recognize the damage the album did in that respect, fully understand how that album hurt Slang and their future, but that there is really nothing they can do about it. Adrenalize is the album that locked them into the 80s hair band genre. Hysteria was groundbreaking and fresh when it was released. People forget that. By the time Adrenalize came out, the Hysteria sound had been copied to death and run into the ground by inferior bands. Adrenalize furthered this and parodied the band.

Their fans, quite frankly, are idiots stuck in the 80s. The majority have made the band their personal nostalgia trip so they can pretend they are still in high school. They blast Hysteria in the parking lot as if it were 1987 and respond to new songs played with "BOO! PLAY POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME!" This is not the hardcore fan base. Their popularity in the 80s earned them a lot of casual fans vs hardcore fans that stay with them. That kind of fanbase kills a band by preventing them from having any success beyond two or three core albums from a certain time period, no matter the caliber of material that follows. Manraze, Phil's side project is a direct response to all of the above. Look around and you'll find him addressing all of the exact points I listed in agreement.

Where the band is now is at acceptance with where they have landed, since they can't change history. Any of us would do the same in their shoes. Their hardcore fan base is simply not large enough to sustain their forward creative output on albums and tours. That is why we are stuck with setlists/shows that are dominated by songs from two albums rather than a balanced set from throughout their career.

Dave 1986 05-16-2009 02:39 PM

Really? Sorry, I've never heard/read anything anywhere by or about the band realising this. I only went by what I said after a little article I read not too long ago (the name and source of which escapes me) about Joe describing their "uncool" perioid in the 90's, hence blaming the poor reception of Slang on that, but bared in mind Adrenalize was also released in the 90's, which sold well. Too me it seemed he wasn't quite seeing the big picture. ;)

Back on topic with the remasters though, I think the band just want to get their "more popular" albums our there first just so casual fans can perhaps familiarise themselves more with their back catalogue, THEN get down to the more obscure stuff buy remastering High N Dry (my money's on this being the next Deluxe Edition) and maybe On Through The Night simultaniously. They did say a few years ago that they planned to remaster their first four albums anyway.

JKKDARK 05-16-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 921110)
Actually, that is incorrect. The band is fully aware of what Adrenalize did to their longterm validity. To say they look back on Adrenalize fondly is a stretch. They recognize the damage the album did in that respect, fully understand how that album hurt Slang and their future, but that there is really nothing they can do about it. Adrenalize is the album that locked them into the 80s hair band genre. Hysteria was groundbreaking and fresh when it was released. People forget that. By the time Adrenalize came out, the Hysteria sound had been copied to death and run into the ground by inferior bands. Adrenalize furthered this and parodied the band.

Their fans, quite frankly, are idiots stuck in the 80s. The majority have made the band their personal nostalgia trip so they can pretend they are still in high school. They blast Hysteria in the parking lot as if it were 1987 and respond to new songs played with "BOO! PLAY POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME!" This is not the hardcore fan base. Their popularity in the 80s earned them a lot of casual fans vs hardcore fans that stay with them. That kind of fanbase kills a band by preventing them from having any success beyond two or three core albums from a certain time period, no matter the caliber of material that follows. Manraze, Phil's side project is a direct response to all of the above. Look around and you'll find him addressing all of the exact points I listed in agreement.

Where the band is now is at acceptance with where they have landed, since they can't change history. Any of us would do the same in their shoes. Their hardcore fan base is simply not large enough to sustain their forward creative output on albums and tours. That is why we are stuck with setlists/shows that are dominated by songs from two albums rather than a balanced set from throughout their career.

I don't think any Def Leppard fan wanted back then an alternative-influenced record like Slang. Adrenalize was not as good as Hysteria, but still really good. This record was more respected than Keep the Faith, in the US. Until Retro Active, they were still doing well in the US, but they released the shitty Slang and they lost it.

"Their fans, quite frankly, are idiots stuck in the 80s."

Right. Just like the Bon Jovi fanbase. I know a lot of Bon Jovi fans, including myself, who still buy all their latest releases but still prefer the Glam records. Bon Jovi will be always remembered for Livin' on a Prayer, big hair and pink spandex.

Supersonic 05-16-2009 09:54 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKKDARK (Post 921189)
"Their fans, quite frankly, are idiots stuck in the 80s."

Right. Just like the Bon Jovi fanbase. I know a lot of Bon Jovi fans, including myself, who still buy all their latest releases but still prefer the Glam records. Bon Jovi will be always remembered for Livin' on a Prayer, big hair and pink spandex.

The only thing you're right about is that you're the idiot who's stuck in the 80s. Bon Jovi will not be remembered for Prayer only, MTV Europe started in 1987, which was after the successes of the hits from Slippery, meaning that not that many people from Europe actually knew what Jon and co. looked like during that era.

Bon Jovi's popularity started to grow with the KTF records. Not the with 80's material. In Europe, the 90's material outdoes the 80's material, both when it comes to hits and when it comes to sales.

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/se...searchid=59651

Seriously, how many more times will you use the word spandex? You're seriously obsessed by the way Jon looked.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

KeepTheFaith2211 05-16-2009 10:32 PM

I know this is a Def Leppard thread, I apologize.

I might sound thick, but remember I'm young. When the hell did Jon wear pink spandex?

On topic - is Def's latest album good? I want to get into them and my brother has it already, so I was wondering if I should listen to that or one of the earlier, ore popular albums?

JKKDARK 05-16-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 921195)
Aloha !

The only thing you're right about is that you're the idiot who's stuck in the 80s. Bon Jovi will not be remembered for Prayer only, MTV Europe started in 1987, which was after the successes of the hits from Slippery, meaning that not that many people from Europe actually knew what Jon and co. looked like during that era.

Bon Jovi's popularity started to grow with the KTF records. Not the with 80's material. In Europe, the 90's material outdoes the 80's material, both when it comes to hits and when it comes to sales.

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/se...searchid=59651

Seriously, how many more times will you use the word spandex? You're seriously obsessed by the way Jon looked.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

New Jersey tour was a success worldwide, even bigger than the Keep the Faith tour. Bon Jovi was well known worldwide by late 80s.
And what can you tell me about KTF only going Platinum in the UK but NJ/SWW going multi-platinum there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 921197)

I might sound thick, but remember I'm young. When the hell did Jon wear pink spandex?

On topic - is Def's latest album good? I want to get into them and my brother has it already, so I was wondering if I should listen to that or one of the earlier, ore popular albums?

Dude, I can't believe you never watched the Runaway music video...

About Def Leppard, don't waste your money with the last album. Any album until Retro Active is just fine. Later material is mediocre.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-16-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKKDARK (Post 921201)
New Jersey tour was a success worldwide, even bigger than the Keep the Faith tour. Bon Jovi was well known worldwide by late 80s.
And what can you tell me about KTF only going Platinum in the UK but NJ/SWW going multi-platinum there?

Dude, I can't believe you never watched the Runaway music video...

About Def Leppard, don't waste your money with the last album. Any album until Retro Active is just fine. Later material is mediocre.

That's why, I don't really care for music videos...

Goldsausage 05-16-2009 11:49 PM

David - personally their early albums High N' Dry and Pyromania are their greatest albums, very AC/DC and raw and good rock and roll.

Hysteria is their Slippery When Wet, most popular and spawned their hits 'Animal', 'Pour Some Sugar On Me', 'Hysteria' and more.

Try their 2004 Best Of, got all the hits on it and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it doesn't contain any of their early stuff I love (except for a couple songs 'Photograph' and 'Rock Of Ages') but still a good compilation.

Hope that helps.

Oh and for the record, I really like Songs From The Sparkle Lounge.

KeepTheFaith2211 05-16-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 921206)
David - personally their early albums High N' Dry and Pyromania are their greatest albums, very AC/DC and raw and good rock and roll.

Hysteria is their Slippery When Wet, most popular and spawned their hits 'Animal', 'Pour Some Sugar On Me', 'Hysteria' and more.

Try their 2004 Best Of, got all the hits on it and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it doesn't contain any of their early stuff I love (except for a couple songs 'Photograph' and 'Rock Of Ages') but still a good compilation.

Hope that helps.

Oh and for the record, I really like Songs From The Sparkle Lounge.

Thanks a lot Oli. I'll ask my brother if he can bring his CD's round next week. :D

Bleeding Purist 05-17-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKKDARK (Post 921201)

That is completely your opinion and very subjective. Many of their hardcore fans regard Slang as their best album, period. There is nothing wrong with Euphoria.....it's one of their best albums with top caliber material from start to finish.

Bleeding Purist 05-17-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 921197)

I'd recommend Pyromania. It's one of those must-haves. The Best Of is just the singles and not neccessarily representative of their best work unless you get the one with the 2nd disc which offers up a healthy dose of their top album tracks.

Bleeding Purist 05-17-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldsausage (Post 921206)

Actually, Pyromania is their Slippery When Wet, Hysteria is their New Jersey.

Captain Walrus 05-17-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 921215)
Actually, Pyromania is their Slippery When Wet, Hysteria is their New Jersey.

I would actually say that Pyromania is something that Bon Jovi never had, a continuation of 7800 Fahrenheit where they perfected the sound of that album, tidied it up, and made it more commercial. Hysteria is like a cross between their Slippery When Wet and New Jersey

I'm not sure how much sense that made, but I stick by it

Bleeding Purist 05-17-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Walrus (Post 921228)
I would actually say that Pyromania is something that Bon Jovi never had, a continuation of 7800 Fahrenheit where they perfected the sound of that album, tidied it up, and made it more commercial. Hysteria is like a cross between their Slippery When Wet and New Jersey

I'm not sure how much sense that made, but I stick by it

I had to think about what you meant for a moment. If you mean taking High N Dry and tidying it up to create Pyromania, I agree. If you mean tidying up Pyromania to create Hysteria...I vehemently disagree.

Captain Walrus 05-17-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 921231)
I had to think about what you meant for a moment. If you mean taking High N Dry and tidying it up to create Pyromania, I agree. If you mean tidying up Pyromania to create Hysteria...I vehemently disagree.

Yes, High N' Dry being 7800, and Pyromania being the extension of it that doesnt exist in the Bon Jovi catalogue

Jeeper 05-18-2009 05:01 PM

Hysteria is a fantastic album. To hear the original SWW and then the original Hysteria, you would think Hysteria was remastered in comparison, such is the superior production quality.

To my mind Hysteria is a perfect balance of glossy production that still retains the riffs and guitar work. ;)

Dave 1986 12-28-2011 12:42 AM

Slang [Deluxe Edition]

Believe it or not people, looks like Slang may be getting the Deluxe treatment soon!

Read on...

https://web.archive.org/web/20111205...pard.com/news/
http://www.expressandstar.com/entert...ck-birmingham/

yomamasofat 12-28-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1078058)
Believe it or not people, looks like Slang may be getting the Deluxe treatment soon!

Read on...

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2011newsdec91.html

OMG, is this necessary?
They should've done HnD first.

Bleeding Purist 12-28-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1078058)

Read on...

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2011newsdec91.html

Wow! Totally unexpected and awesome. It's very nice to see them stand behind it. It's probably their most honest and creative record in their catalog, coming at a time when they decided that anything they formulated wasn't going to work... so they may as well let loose. I know they are proud of it, they just haven't talked much about it in the last decade.

On the other hand, I have to agree with Yomama on High N Dry, purely for the fact that that album needs it so badly and I would have expected it before Slang. I'd love to finally have that whole album in remastered form beyond the tracks that appeared on the last Best Of double-disc set.

Slang doesn't so much need to be remastered, it just needs to be given the reverence and respect it deserves. Very much looking forward to this.

danfan 12-28-2011 05:35 PM

That's cool. I loved Slang. Too bad Bon Jovi can't seem to do with reissues what Leppard and Motley have done. Hell, even Poison did a better job. Just goes to show what an asshat Obie really is.

Dave 1986 12-28-2011 09:09 PM

I think HnD and OTtN both got remastered and re-issued in Japan as deluxe editions but rather as a double pack and there might have been a few extra tracks but I can't for the life of me remember. I agree reissuing HnD next would make much more sense on so many levels, plus it was its 30th anniversary this year too. This AND On Through the Night you'd imagine would have been released before Slang or even before Hysteria. But then again, what would they put on the bonus CD's? Aside from the Def Leppard/First Strike EP's which are a no-brainer, can't think of anything else. Perhaps a live CD like Pyromania's?

I was never expecting Slang to ever get reissued for any reason, despite the band always praising and defending it to this day, but when you add up all the b-sides (most of them were awesome btw) it'll make for a great package.

The band have talked about remastered re-issues of their albums since about 2004/5 so if they're willing to do Slang, then surely the rest will follow not too much later.

Dave 1986 01-19-2012 05:32 PM

Vivian Campbell gave a quick update via his Facebook :

"Ownership of Slang masters (and all out takes) revert to us later this year, so there's a good chance that we'll re-release with bonus material."

He also claimed that there will be NO new Def Leppard album in 2012.