Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

gnr5 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Going by RS's twitter, it looks like this was very last minute.
"Happy holiday weekend to all....the tour resumes on Tues... On the move again..."

danfan 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Yeah, TMZ is also reporting Richie is hoping they can work things out before they play in Richie's hometown of Los Angeles.

Real reliable.

semigoodlookin 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1119506)
100% agree. Shame on them.

But having said that. Going by Matt's tweet:

Unless it comes direct from us don't listen. People saying according to someone close to the band is SHIT.

What about someone close to Richie, is that shit? Oh god, what is shit and what isn't.

I read that Richie wanted $100,000 per night and a Mars Bar, but Jon was unwilling to move on the Mars Bar. What a nob.

Really until we hear from Richie or official from the band I will wait. None of us know, I understand the speculation but I doubt he suddenly decided the day of a show that he wanted more cash. He was talking up the leg just a few days back.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Oh and I'm now going to investigate refund options for Hyde Park. I want to see a band with its legendary chemistry, not people just going through the motions.
I can see rest of tour being canned.

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:31 PM

Richie quit because he found out Jon is a reptilian over lord working on behalf of Scientology, said a source close to the band.

danfan 04-03-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba80BJ (Post 1119481)
http://www.bonjovi.com/en/news/47042...y#.UVyIH3y-mfY
"Ticket purchasers need not worry, all upcoming shows will go on as scheduled. Any ticket purchaser who would like a refund can do so before show time."

This is at least a good thing from BJ camp, something that should have happened the last time Richie was not available. At least US fans have an option to get a refund now.

Still more info about what is going on would be appreciated for others all around the world :(

They need to make an official announcement and not string the fans along. If Richie is done for the entire tour, say so. If they're not sure, say that as well. But at least be honest so it gives fans a chance to make their own decisions regarding refunds.

CKatz 04-03-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1119505)
This is why a band member shouldn't be the Manager/CEO.

Absolutely agree with this.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1119511)
What about someone close to Richie, is that shit? Oh god, what is shit and what isn't.

I read that Richie wanted $100,000 per night and a Mars Bar, but Jon was unwilling to move on the Mars Bar. What a nob.

Really until we hear from Richie or official from the band I will wait. None of us know, I understand the speculation but I doubt he suddenly decided the day of a show that he wanted more cash. He was talking up the leg just a few days back.

100k per night might indeed be what Richie wanted. Would explain the charity payment..... A statement of "you won't play, see what I can do with your wage".

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1119511)

Some sense in what you're saying but in situations where people are arguing over money and they both believe they have each other over a barrel, they will call each others bluff until the last minute.

I still can't believe they've fallen out over money. I hope it turns out to be bull or I'll have lost a lot of time for them regardless of what happens in the future.

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1119516)
100k per night might indeed be what Richie wanted. Would explain the charity payment..... A statement of "you won't play, see what I can do with your wage".

I was thinking the same thing